Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MissMin View Post
    I guess I am concerned about a potential brain drain in the long run once AI is able to innovate better and faster than us.

Society as we know it will not exist.
    That's assuming that humans won't get smarter either. I figure that within 14 years that humans won't actually biologically age. This is a big deal because high school education was a requirement when people were expected to die by the age of 40. People today live much longer, and are expected to live even longer and healthier lives. So we need to make college education a requirement, including those who are middle aged or older. And you should be able to go to school as many times as you want, throughout your life. This will likely be what people do in the near future.

Then you have technology that promises to genetically change your DNA. We could see this become common practice within 29 years. We could give you genes that makes you smarter. The United States has an average IQ of 98, which means at least half as many people are well bellow that value. What if we gave those people genes that make them not only smarter, but genius?

Then we have the potential to merge with machines. Technically we're doing this already with computers and phones. If you wanted to know the Capital to France and you weren't paying attention in 3rd grade, you could just Google it. If you wanted to solve a math problem, you'd just use a calculator. All this stuff is expanding your intelligence. If Ray Kurzweil is right, in 30 years we'll have chips in our heads to talk to computers.

So no, there won't be a brain drain but a brain gain. This creates more problems than it solves. If everyone had an average IQ of 130, nobody would even sit down to program a iPhone app because it's beneath them, let alone take out the garbage. They'd be tool busy trying to make a warp drive, or fusion energy. Or better yet, synthetic humans to make iPhone apps and taking out the garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    Simple. You set up an incentive based income system that is paid by the gov't. All profits from business go to various gov'ts - local, state, federal. You instantly eliminate the huge income disparity, and costs for infrastructure, research etc are covered as well.
    Some of us risked absolutely everything (including family relationships) in our lives to start a business and worked 14 hours a day, 6+ days a week, outside of our homes for years to be able to save enough to aggressively reinvest. In my spare time, I learned what was required to transform my business into a small national corporation last year. We're finally able to conduct business in other provinces, and bid on tenders or distribution contracts. I still find myself working 10 - 12 hours most days...

I can honestly say that if someone came along and said "we're taking all your profits" that my response would be to comply at first, turn around and burn it all to the ground. Feel free to shame me if you'd like, but, I'm not an uncaring person. I simply decided one day that I was going to take a stronger role in deciding what the future holds for me. It may be worth noting that I was on welfare for two months about ten (10) years ago when I made that decision.

As I've slowly improved my financial position in life, I've been able to provide more help to people and animals, mostly locally. If someone came in and took away my incentive to work that hard, I'd just quit working that hard or passionately.

Quote Originally Posted by techgeek View Post

As I've slowly improved my financial position in life, I've been able to provide more help to people and animals, mostly locally. If someone came in and took away my incentive to work that hard, I'd just quit working that hard or passionately.
    I guess you missed the part where I said "incentive based income".

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, by that time we will have better military drone technology so we can begin mass exterminations.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.