Page 1 of 12
... LastLast
    Deleted

[Movie] The Predator [4]

Well, I hope it's more like mad max than other crappy sequels..the other Predator movies haven't been 'bad' but...

http://twitter.com/predatormovie
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3829266/?ref_=nv_sr_4

'Predator 4' Release Date Rumors: Sequel Movie In Development, Plot, Characters Yet To Be Announced

Jon MendozaFeb 17, 2016 09:00 AM EST

"Predator" writer Fred Dekker took the news on his official Facebook account. In his status on Feb. 9, he wrote that he could not say where he had been that morning, or what he had seen, or what they had talked about. The screenwriter added that he had one word for "Predator" fans, "Yes."

According to Cinema Blend, Dekker's Facebook status was "cryptic" and "enthusiastic;" however, it has led fans to assume that he and his co-writer and director Shane Black had gotten a green light the studio to start "Predator 4." "Yes" could also mean that Dekker and Black had found a new filming location, in addition to a new design for a new Predator.

While it is assumed that fans and moviegoers are now in a period circled by film reboots and sequels, Black's forthcoming "Predator 4" should not be merely viewed as another film reboot. In his interview with Collider in 2014, Black confirmed that the film mythology was not going to be a "Predator" reboot.

For Black, the concept of "expanding and exploring" the existing "Predator" mythology is better than "hitting the restart button."

"Predator 4" is set to be the sequel to the 1987 sci-fi film "Predator;" although fans got another "Predator" film in Stephen Hopkin's "Predator 2" in 1990 and Nimrod Antal's "Predators" in 2010.

For the time being, exact details on the plot, characters, and exact release are yet to be revealed.
    This is the released poster for the movie

No news on Arnie..

There will be a new breed of Predators apparently? So not the two we saw in predatorS..I would advice a more crustacean hard shelling type with reptile features, something really crazy n tough, i did a search for "crab predator" in google n found this pic

or maybe more of a cyborg type Predator

I'm hoping they go wild...and not the same old "predator chases a bunch of humans until the last one survives the odds"

the synopsis said "new predator, new hunt, new prey" the last could mean anything..hmm..

Hmmm...
    http://orig12.deviantart.net/b420/f/...us-d945t5y.jpg
    http://orig13.deviantart.net/760a/f/...us-d952h4c.jpg

Lol..
    http://img01.deviantart.net/a9b0/i/2...es-d7t2zoc.jpg
    Last edited by mmocced9c7d33d; 2016-11-28 at 09:40 PM.

Deleted
    are the cross-overs canon?

I really dig the Predator vs Alien thing and that they use them as sport and some sort of proving ritual

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    are the cross-overs canon?

I really dig the Predator vs Alien thing and that they use them as sport and some sort of proving ritual
    dunno, I doubt it, in the comics it's in the future on different worlds, some ranchers on some alien world get a visit

I think the Predators should fight some other creatures instead of xenomorphs..

http://www.christiantoday.com/articl...ward/79450.htm
    It is also speculated that the two "Alien vs Predator" films will not be considered as part of the official canon. Both films were loosely based on the video games and comic book series that mashed the two franchises together but neither movie properly acknowledged the mythos built by the individual "Alien" and "Predator" series and were critically panned.
    The comics were much better than the movies..
    The first Aliens versus Predator centers on Ryushi, a recently colonized planet, and Machiko Noguchi, the Chigusa Corporation's administrator there. The settlers on Ryushi raise cattle-like quadrupedal ungulates called rhynth for export to other solar systems, and at the time of the story are in the process of assembling a shipment of the native livestock.

Unbeknownst to the colonists, Ryushi is a traditional hunting ground of the Predators, and they are returning for their initiation rites. On board the Predator ship, the prey are prepared: an Alien queen lays eggs for delivery to Ryushi. Confounding the Predator's safeguards, this queen manages to slip an egg containing the seed of another queen into the shipment.

On reaching Ryushi, the eggs hatch and infect Rhynths. Led by a Predator elder, "Broken Tusk", the Predators arrive expecting to encounter Aliens. However, they soon run into the settlers and, after Broken Tusk is incapacitated, change their plans and hunt them instead.

Meanwhile, the infected Rhynth have been loaded aboard a cargo transporter and, with a queen among their number, an Alien colony quickly takes hold. The Predator assault continues to the settler colony itself, and the surviving settlers find themselves pitched between the Aliens and Predators. Broken Tusk, now recovered due to the intervention of a human doctor, sides with Machiko, and together with the cargo ship's crew they arrange for the transporter's massive orbiter to crash into Ryushi and destroy the colony and the Aliens.

In the ensuing fight, Broken Tusk is mortally wounded, but, admiring the courage of his human comrade, "bloods" Machiko with the mark of his clan. The story concludes with Machiko the sole inhabitant of Ryushi, the surviving settlers having been evacuated from the planet. She awaits, and is rewarded with, the return of the Predators and another hunt. One of Broken Tusk's former Predator rivals greets her and, recognizing Broken Tusk's clan symbol, accepts Machiko into the hunt.

Seems someone has made a 'cool' looking figurine of Machiko
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSZJShoqNi8
    but she no longer looks Japanese and is a bit too slutty looking which makes it silly..

This got me thinking, Predators taking on an Alien (human) companion, kinda like 19th century white hunters in Africa with black followers, no? Yeah, I doubt the Predator would truly see another species as equal, especially not one so puny as humans..
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_hunter
    White hunter is a literary term used for professional big game hunters of European or North American backgrounds who plied their trade in Africa, especially during the first half of the 20th century. The activity continues in the dozen African countries which still permit big-game hunting, but the "white hunter" is now known as the "professional hunter."[1] White hunters derived their income from organizing and leading safaris for paying clients, or from the sale of ivory.
    So, what would "big-game hunting" mean in the galaxy if one follows Predators along and would they have other companions with them that are neither human nor predator?? I think we have only scratched the surface on this alien-hunter-franchise thingy...
    In predator 1 & AvP there's a bunch of skulls in the predator ships, I always wondered what they are, excluding the human, xenomorph & engineer helm...those are some badass creatures those others it seems...
    http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h2...thskullug8.jpg
    http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f2...brightened.jpg
    Last edited by mmocced9c7d33d; 2016-02-21 at 02:12 AM.

Deleted
    Seriously Hollywood is cryin about piracy like crazy and then they reboot everything that was successfull 30 years ago....
    Whats next? Rebooting Citizen Kane, Ferris Buellers Day Off?....
    WTB some more new stuff from Hollywood....

10+ Year Old Account
    Next reboot...Gone with the wind. I doubt they can come up with new stuff. Most of the new things are based on books, old books. Those guys in Hollywood are morons.

Deleted
    Shane Black, guy who directs the movie, was in the original 1987 movie, if you remember this dorky character..

Hope we won't get any more cringe-worthy pussy jokes..

Hmmm...his resume..this is not good guys, I realize now..
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000948/?ref_=tt_ov_dr
    latest post on his imdb page is "You RUINED Iron Man 3 mgezz3"

I'd love to be wrong about him...I remember I freaked out when I heard splatter-movie director Peter Jackson was signed up to do Lotr...but..this guy has had his shots with big budgets..this is really sad, the Predator character is my favorite over Terminator, Alien any day..
    Last edited by mmocced9c7d33d; 2016-02-21 at 02:45 AM.

Deleted
    Some update...

Predator Reboot to Begin Production by October, Director Confirms - GS News Update.

GameSpot
    May 11, 2016

A new Predator movie is on the way, directed and co-written by Iron Man 3's Shane Black. Titled The Predator, it has now been confirmed that the film will begin production this fall.

Oh this is great news, i love the alien and predator universes.

Deleted
    Predator reboot? Sorry if I'm being a moron, but doesn't a reboot mean that they start over? This is a continuous story set to happen after the original Predator. There's just a lot of years between the first Predator and now this one.

Can't wait though. Love this universe.

Shane Black, so it'll take place during Christmas as per usual?
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Shane Black, so it'll take place during Christmas as per usual?
    And finish with a dock shoot out, with lots of one-liners. Possibly Arnie saying he's too old for this shit.

......... I'd still watch it.

Pretty hard to get excited about this since I really only enjoyed the first one. Wait and see is my approach here, but am highly skeptical of anything good coming of this.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd certainly hope it's not a reboot. There really isn't anything to reboot. Continuing forward? That I can see.

And what's Predator 3? Please don't tell me Predators. I'm a huge aliens/predator buff, and even I try to pretend like that movie never existed. If the AvP movies aren't considered canon, then neither should Predators.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I'd certainly hope it's not a reboot. There really isn't anything to reboot. Continuing forward? That I can see.

And what's Predator 3? Please don't tell me Predators. I'm a huge aliens/predator buff, and even I try to pretend like that movie never existed. If the AvP movies aren't considered canon, then neither should Predators.
    I think they mean reboot as in a continuity reboot - they'll abandon all other spin-offs/'sequels' and continue straight from where the original left off. So Predator 1 finishes with the explosion going off and Arnie surviving, whatever this entails continues from that story, seemingly ignoring even Predator 2.

Still waiting for Batman vs Predator. Then we can have Alien vs Predator vs Terminator. This will build to Superman & Batman vs Aliens & Predators. We'll be putting out four of these movies every year until 2020 to build a cinematic universe, they'll all be hits, trust me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Truhan View Post
    Still waiting for Batman vs Predator. Then we can have Alien vs Predator vs Terminator. This will build to Superman & Batman vs Aliens & Predators. We'll be putting out four of these movies every year until 2020 to build a cinematic universe, they'll all be hits, trust me.
    You must have seen this. It's been around for a long time.

Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Quote Originally Posted by Summerdrake View Post
    Shane Black, guy who directs the movie, was in the original 1987 movie, if you remember this dorky character..

Hmmm...his resume..this is not good guys, I realize now..
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000948/?ref_=tt_ov_dr
    latest post on his imdb page is "You RUINED Iron Man 3 mgezz3"

I'd love to be wrong about him...I remember I freaked out when I heard splatter-movie director Peter Jackson was signed up to do Lotr...but..this guy has had his shots with big budgets..this is really sad, the Predator character is my favorite over Terminator, Alien any day..
    Shane Black is a great writer/director, if somewhat of a quirky one. Some people got mad at him because he did something creative and different with Iron Man 3 though, I think. Given the goofy elements of Predator, he might work well at the head of this kind of movie if it doesn't take itself too seriously. I adore the vast majority of his work.

Quote Originally Posted by Tucci View Post
    You must have seen this. It's been around for a long time.

No, but I've seen this, and it's been around even longer.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped.../Batvspred.jpg
    http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/...20080311025716
    https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...or_-_cover.jpg

I love the predator movies. All of them. Yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

The AvP movies sucked(a real shame, since the original script written years ago, based on the original AvP comic series, was excellent), but the original Predator is classic, Predators is a well done followup with a clear respect for the original, and even Predator 2 is quite fun, so I'm always down for more Predator.