Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    The 1987 film was the only good one, imo. I feel like all the ones after it have just butchered the franchise. Hopefully, this one does much better.
    Couldn't agree with this more.

I liked predator 2 also, Hudson and Glover where great. Also Hudson/Bill Paxton have been killed by a Alien, a Predator and a Terminator lol, never ends good for him.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2016-05-13 at 07:37 PM.

Deleted
    Will get new look, toys n rated R

http://www.scified.com/news/the-look...n-the-predator

Director Shane Black has confirmed that the costume for the new Predator in his Predator 4 / The Predator will be organically different. He adds that their goal with the design of the new Predator is not to necessarily improve it, but to make it fun. He also adds that the Predator technology will be getting an upgrade and that we will see a multitude of new weapons and tools at the Predator's disposal!

Ultimately though, Shane does add that the design of the Predator is inferior to the quality of the film's story. Focusing primarily on delivering a compelling and quality story will be what makes The Predator the success he and 20th Century Fox are hoping for.

“It’s not to ‘improve,’ it’s make it fun, make it different, make it organically different. So what’s the extension of it that makes sense, that’s exciting? There have been a lot of changes to Stan’s design over the years. These different Predator movies have done different things. Ultimately it’s not about design to me, it’s about the story you want to tell. There are people who are always going to agonize over Iron Man, what color his suit is. Maybe this weapon does a new thing, but if the story is not good I don’t give a sh*t what color the suit is. In ‘The Predator’ we’re doing a lot of upgrades to what you would consider to be the traditional Predator technology and look, but hopefully the story is what’s going to drag people in, not just the attention to the minutiae.”
    http://www.scified.com/news/shane-bl...ill-be-r-rated

Director Shane Black continues to impress Predator fans worldwide with his minor tid bits about The Predator. Following a long list of recent Predator 4 updates, Shane Black adds once more to the hype surrounding this new sequel, by assuring fans that The Predator will in fact be rates R!

Considering the size and scale he and 20th Century Fox are planning for The Predator, it was a legitimate concern that the Studio may try to put limits on Shane's vision in order to cash in on a broader, younger audience. However, following the incredible success of Deadpool at the Box Office, it has shown that R-rated films can perform just as well as their lighter-rated competitors. However, Deadpool's success aside, Shane reveals that part of the stipulations agreed upon when he signed up to direct the next Predator film were that there were to be no limits placed on him or his story. Thankfully, Fox agreed and are letting Shane create (what we hope to be) the perfect Predator sequel! Speaking to Den Of Geek, Shane said:

“I made a condition of my participation with Predator that it be the same rating as the first movie, and the first movie was Rated R. In other words, I don’t want to cut away every time the Predator does something violent. I was watching the American version of The Grudge, which was PG-13, and I remember being so frustrated by the fact that everything that was scary in the Japanese version, they had to cut away from in the PG-13 American version.”

Black then added:

“there’s also a sensibility and a sense of brooding menace and we can have fun but there’s an element of horror that’s unmistakable in The Predator,” he continued. “I don’t want to have to compromise it by just treating it like a popcorn film. That said, I hope there’s some popcorn viewing available in it, too. It’s an R-rated popcorn movie, which is the best kind to me.”

Deleted
    http://www.predator4-movie.com/news/...us-funny-scary

'The Predator' will be Wondrous, funny and Scary! Filming begins February, 2017!

Written By Matt on 2016-10-25 12:42:27

News regarding 'The Predator' has been difficult to come by. However, this has changed recently as Collider obtained an interview with the director, Shane Black. Black revealed the start of production:

"“Right now we’re looking at probably beginning to mid February. I’m heading up to Vancouver in a week or two to go into a serious pre-production, so we’re on the cusp.”"
    If the film starts production in February, then the project has three months to finalize casting. Expect some more casting news regarding the project in November or December as the roles are filled up during the start of production. Shane Black also shared a tidbit about the tone of the movie:

“I think the Predator movies have slightly veered from typical sci-fi in that there is a sort of thriller aspect to them. I think it should be scary, I think it should be funny, and I think ultimately it should be wondrous and about perceiving things that human beings very seldom get a chance to see… I don’t mean movie audiences I mean characters in the movie. I’m not saying the movie will be nothing anyone’s seen before (laughs).”
    The tone of the film sounds as if it will try to balance some humor in the film early on as we first get to know the characters. The line about wondrous, may potentially mean we may learn more about the Yautja's culture and technology in the film.Shane Black then began to talk about the types of characters that would be in the upcoming film:

“I think it’ll be interesting to get a group of credible guys—the hallmark of the first one is you have guys together that are kinda funny and self-referential and also very tough. I don’t know that we’re going to deviate over much from that, but there are at least a couple of factors that we’ve deliberately chosen to make it not just that group of buff, tough guys“
    The group in this movie seems to be a very diverse cast. It veers from a stereotypical group of macho soldiers to potentially creating more depth for the cast of characters. While no other character details have been revealed, it certainly is intriguing.

Shane Black also described some details about the rating of the movie, and how the studio accommodated them:

"Fox has been very cooperative. I mean part of it is the success they had with Deadpool, but I also made a case—and I think they agreed—that fans of the Predator generally, probably aren’t looking to go to see a PG-13-rated version of it. It would be more of a letdown if it was sort of tailored to a family friendly audience than if it were allowed to play out to the same scale and level that the first R-rated one did.”
    The film being R rated certainly means that the level of violence in the film will not be toned down. It also allows for the film to be more intense, showcasing the ruthlessness of both the Predators and Humans during the hunt.

So are you excited with all of these new tidbits? Has the movie captured your interest with Shane Blacks comments regarding tone and characters?

20th Century Fox, Executive Producer Bill Bannerman and Producer John Davis will release Shane Black's The Predator February 9th, 2018. Boyd Holbrook/ is being cast as a lead character in the project

Source: Collider

Deleted
    as long as it doesn't turn into a one on one with a Human and Predator at the end where the human wins then I will be happy

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Boyd Holbrook fits pretty well, imo. I like him as an actor.
    Agreed, he's fuckin great in Narcos.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    are the cross-overs canon?
    Yes.

Unfortunately Fox has never done very good with them. What we need is an Alien vs Preadator movie with the Colonial Marines from Aliens fighting both sides. The 2006 Aliens vs Preadator game was great because they used that formula.

Deleted
    This is a bit off-topic, but wasn't sure it needed a new thread, not a fan of making new threads over everything..

Predator - After Credits.

How It Should Have Ended
    Nov 29, 2016

Deleted
    What is it with all these cast reveal photos nowadays? Everyone's doing them..

is this for an action movie or a comedy?..Black better pull some awesome action n predators out of his ass is all I'm saying..

Filming started this week..
    http://twitter.com/BonafideBlack

WTF is with that cast? Is this a Predator movie or a new show on the CW? Why the flying FUCK is there a little kid front and center?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    WTF is with that cast? Is this a Predator movie or a new show on the CW? Why the flying FUCK is there a little kid front and center?
    Well...

Predator 2 had a kid...
    AvP2 also had some kids...
    and Predators had Topher Grace (who for me will always stay the kid from "that 70ies show")

The kid isn't really the one who seems unfitting... the one on the right on the other side... I think his lastname is Key... and i know him from ad-comedy inserts on Comedy Central.

Predator is an immortal classic.

Predator 2 is crappy.

AvP is a B movie, and not even a very good one.

I haven't bothered with AvP 2 or Predators. I probably should for the sake of research.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    Well...

Predator 2 had a kid...
    AvP2 also had some kids...
    and Predators had Topher Grace (who for me will always stay the kid from "that 70ies show")

The kid isn't really the one who seems unfitting... the one on the right on the other side... I think his lastname is Key... and i know him from ad-comedy inserts on Comedy Central.
    Predator 2 had a kid make a brief 20 second appearance, it did NOT have a kid as one of the main cast(which this picture is supposed to be). AvP2(and 1, for that matter) were fucking terrible, so the inclusion of kids there sorta helps make the point. And regardless of how your mind works, Topher Grace wasn't a kid in Predators. Now, admittedly, he did seem out of the place with the rest of the cast, but that was explained when it was revealed he was essentially there solely for the "twist".

Deleted
    They better kill the kid early in the movie.
    I always hate the fact that kids get out alive and well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    They better kill the kid early in the movie.
    I always hate the fact that kids get out alive and well.
    AvP Requiem got away with facehugging one of the kids, pretty early too. It was edgy as fuck because seems hollywood has a thing about death of children in movies.

AvP Requiem wasn't very good though, a bit better than AvP, but then again, that bar wasn't set very high in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    AvP Requiem got away with facehugging one of the kids, pretty early too. It was edgy as fuck because seems hollywood has a thing about death of children in movies.

AvP Requiem wasn't very good though, a bit better than AvP, but then again, that bar wasn't set very high in the first place.
    It still burns my soul thinking about the crappy AvP we got vs the original AvP script which sounded awesome...

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So it is confirmed! Jordan Peele plays the predator.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    It still burns my soul thinking about the crappy AvP we got vs the original AvP script which sounded awesome...
    I would very much like a link or something for the original script.
    Anyone knows where it can be found?

Deleted
    Yvonne Strahovski joins as the Mom, never heard of her..
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2088803/

this guy too http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0654295/

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    So it is confirmed! Jordan Peele plays the predator.
    If that's true, i'll move to Siberia, say goodbye to civilization and live amongst raccoons n big foot, screw humans!

Seems Black made this tweet before about the movie
    http://twitter.com/BonafideBlack/sta...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

And, just to be clear... PG-13 is for pussies. Spines bleed... a lot.
    oh lol..
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/I-Aint-Got-...+Time+to+Bleed

Quote Originally Posted by TheTeacher View Post
    I would very much like a link or something for the original script.
    Anyone knows where it can be found?
    Looks like we got a quest giver here must complete

Convicts
    Last edited by mmocced9c7d33d; 2017-03-09 at 06:01 PM.

I bet Theon Greyjoy/Alfie will die among the first and this time not with as fast and clean kill as John Wick gave him.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2017-02-24 at 09:54 PM.