Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Have Warlocks really been on top for 3 expansions now?

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gar1234 View Post
    Why do people keep saying this?? I mean, I think a pit lord would be awesome. However, how in the hell are they going to make one a permanent pet without making it look stupid? The doomguard and infernal are already shrunk down to the size of ridiculousness and people complain that they're too big! Pit lords are far larger than most doomguards and infernals. So how would that work? If they shrink it down to be a head taller than a tauren, that would kind of defeat the purpose of having a pit lord.
    There was a good thread here a while back where someone suggested a toggle option to hide pets that aren't yours - to reduce screen clutter. It was a great idea but I don't think we ever got any acknowledgement from blizz, I'm not sure if anyone bothered to link it on the official forums.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, not jealous in the slightest.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

Quote Originally Posted by JJShadoe View Post
    My envy has nothing to do with logs or raid status, it's purely an RP quality-of-life issue, if you will.

From the beginning, the Warlock was the edgy "bad guy" antihero class. That was central to their identity and position in the cosmology of the game and the player base. Shadow Priests were also clearly bad guy antiheroes, but they never had a strong identity as the Priest class identity is dominated by the Light side of things. The Warlock's anti-hero position eroded a bit when Death Knights were introduced. It will erode further with the Demon Hunter, and doubly so because unique aspects of Warlock play style are transferring over to them. Shadow Priests are also getting a strong, lore-based identity. Being a Warlock simply isn't as cool of a niche as it used to be as a result of all that.

I think Death Knights and Demon Hunters and new Old-Goddy Shadow Priests are rad. Warlocks need an overhaul in the identity department. Demonology is getting some love there, making a lot more of their abilities involve summoned demons. Destruction needs to be all about Fel, as others have said, for it to really have its own identity. They need to work on that. Affliction needs to be all about Souls, also as others have said, for it to really have its own identity. For me personally, I was hoping over time that Affliction would lean towards an Old God influence, but that's obviously not going to happen now.

Thus, I am jealous of Shadow Priests.
    Shouldnt all the warlock specs be about fel, fire, shadow, and demons to some extent?

Otherwise I agree with your assessment. Stop restricting Destro to direct damage and Affliction to purely shadow DoTs.

Affliction is corrupting right? Why not have a spell which visibly shows that corruption?

I focus on Afflction because it's the most identity less and restricted imo.

Hello, no I am not currently jealous of Shadow Priests!
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

I know I am, They get a void form and all we get is a stacking unstable afflcition -.- oh and souls that look like DH orbs .

Quote Originally Posted by dholland662 View Post
    warlocks were top dps by a mile on literally every fight in mop, save for a couple cleave-dominated fights in t14 where rouges/warriors beat them out. BRF there was a warlock spec that was either top or within 5% of top on every fight until the current ring retardation - now it's only half the fights where there's a warlock spec on top.

as far as cata, it's not as clear. you definitely wanted warlocks in your raid because they did decent dps, but also because they brought dark intent which buffed fire mages, surv hunters, moonkin or shadowpriest damage by such a large margin that the ability was repeatedly nerfed and eventually removed in mop.

Quote Originally Posted by dholland662 View Post
    Top no, though mop was shenanigans.

We've been one of the best classes to be in the game since always though.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Top no, though mop was shenanigans.

We've been one of the best classes to be in the game since always though.
    lets be fair tho, locks werent top through all of mop, it was only in siege that locks became top, ppl tend to forget that mages were top up until then, ppl have very short memory.