Poll: What if Hunter Artifacts were divied by culture rather than spec?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What if Hunter Artifacts were divied by culture rather than spec?

You're a revered Dwarven hunter, a hero of Iron Forge. When the Legion invades and you need a weapon of surpassing power, why wouldn't you talk to Bran about a Titan gun?

You're known as one of the finest archers in all of Darnassus. When the Legion invades, wouldn't you naturally seek out a famous Elven bow?

What if culture determined the famous weapon you reached for, rather than spec? They are, after all, just custom-shaped talent trees of sorts. You could fill either with buffs for either spec.

Would this make more sense (lore-wise) to you?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    That's what the different skins are for.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

I like this alot, and you can still change it via Transmog since you can't make everyone happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthh View Post
    I like this alot, and you can still change it via Transmog since you can't make everyone happy.
    You can change the skin but not the quests you're doing. The NPCs will still be talking to your BM hunter about pursuing a Titan gun and your MM hunter about pursuing a famous Elven bow. You can double think all that if you like, but a little fore-thought on Blizz's part could have made this more fun for everyone.

Deleted
    It's all about the numbers, I dont care about carrying a gun or a bow, I care about raid perform and boss killing.

As long as other appearances were obtainable and you weren't stuck with a bow because you're an elf and the game says you need a bow. If I had say, a gunslinger transmog for my elf hunter, I wouldn't want to be forced to have a bow.

Funny, when I think of Nelfs I generally figure the LAST thing they'd want is anything that's been touched by, created by or used by a "high" or "blood" elf.

Nelfs be super-racist.

SUPER.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    Funny, when I think of Nelfs I generally figure the LAST thing they'd want is anything that's been touched by, created by or used by a "high" or "blood" elf.

Nelfs be super-racist.

SUPER.
    I don't know that Valeria has ever been seen as a villain by Night Elves. She is portrayed as a hero to all in the stories. Night Elf concerns with the High Elves has always been about the abuse of magic, especially being complicit with the Legion. Valeria, on the other hand, was a champion and martyr in foiling Legion plans.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xaxi View Post
    It's all about the numbers, I dont care about carrying a gun or a bow, I care about raid perform and boss killing.
    I understand wanting to be competitive in raids, but doesn't lore/flavor add anything for you? I mean, if it was really JUST numbers, why play a fantasy game at all? Couldn't you just play a math game with lots of numbers on the screen?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by DarklingThrush View Post
    I don't know that Valeria has ever been seen as a villain by Night Elves. She is portrayed as a hero to all in the stories. Night Elf concerns with the High Elves has always been about the abuse of magic, especially being complicit with the Legion. Valeria, on the other hand, was a champion and martyr in foiling Legion plans.

- - - Updated - - -

I understand wanting to be competitive in raids, but doesn't lore/flavor add anything for you? I mean, if it was really JUST numbers, why play a fantasy game at all? Couldn't you just play a math game with lots of numbers on the screen?
    Alleria, not Valeria.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xaxi View Post
    Counterstrike is that way...

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    What if culture determined the famous weapon you reached for, rather than spec? They are, after all, just custom-shaped talent trees of sorts. You could fill either with buffs for either spec.
    Why would Titanspark summon a regiment of fallen rangers to my side, and why would/how could a dwarven hunter with a titan-technology weapon be a dark ranger.

This just doesn't work either way.

Counterstrike is that way..
    True, consistent lore and flavor isn't here either though.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-02-23 at 01:29 PM.

Deleted
    You will do both quests anyway, so I dont see the problem. And the way the weapons currently interact with abilities + artifact skilltree does not make it possible.

None of the proposed answers. I want a bow whatever the race I play.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    None of the proposed answers. I want a bow whatever the race I play.
    Thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis right there

Quote Originally Posted by Acasta View Post
    You will do both quests anyway, so I dont see the problem. And the way the weapons currently interact with abilities + artifact skilltree does not make it possible.
    I'm leaning toward SV & BM, so I won't do the bow quests at all, despite the fact that I'll be equipping a bow as BM. I'll just have to double-think somehow that Titanstrike is my transmog bow.

Deleted
    Yeah sure, I like lore, or course, but I like it on quest, not really on my character's weapon... Im Pandaren right now, I really dont feel I need to weare a bow, a gun or a crossbow to feel the lore of my race... at least me dont take me wrong

Every single class would prefer more racially themed weapons. Blizz just out right refuses to acknowledge players care about their race.

Thus we get weird situations like all three warrior artifacts being Vrykul and the MM bow all skins being elf.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    Because not enough resources.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Every single class would prefer more racially themed weapons. Blizz just out right refuses to acknowledge players care about their race.

Thus we get weird situations like all three warrior artifacts being Vrykul and the MM bow all skins being elf.
    Yep. I do think the game would be richer if they invoked lore - from a player's perspective - more often.

- - - Updated - - -

As has been stated before Blizzard tends to skim over racial lore in favor of factional hand holding and wet sloppy kisses out behind the bleachers after football practice.

This has only been made more broad, though sensibly so, with many of the racial limitations on class being removed. It's easier to believe that the Nelf society would be more welcoming of the return of the High Born after working closely for years with talented arcanists of other races. This is despite the fact that the warrior-priesthood sentinels of Elune basically spent 10,000 years buddied up with the Wardens actively murdering every last High Born mage that ventured out of Dire Maul.

Basically Blizz really pulled the teeth out of the Nelfs for WoW compared to the RTS and probably just lumped it all under the calming influence of Malfurion waking up.

Really though we sacrifice a ton of "RP" for the sake of gameplay. Whether it be a Vindicator not immediately killing a warlock on sight, goblins not willingly switching faction for coin, anyone willingly dealing with the Forsaken or even just the lack of true contention regarding Stromgarde and the ruins of Arathor and the Arathi highlands which have massive historical presence for all the humans on Azeroth.

7+ Year Old Account
    What if culture determined the famous weapon you reached for, rather than spec?
    There are more races than specializations, therefore it would never be done... At least not all at once.

Besides, the current Hunter Artifact weapons sort of emulate what you are after - Beast Mastery's Titanstrike has some Dwarven and Gnomish influence, Marksmanship's Thas'dorah has some Night Elven and Blood Elven influence, and Survival's Talonclaw has Tauren influence.

If you truly care so much about this, then at least there is transmogrification...
    Signature and matching avatar made by the lovely Winter Blossom.
    Hellfire Citadel Progression: 13/13 LFR, 12/13 Normal, 7/13 Heroic, 0/13 Mythic