Deleted

SuperTed To Return To British TV - And He'll Be More Politically Correct

https://uk.celebrity.yahoo.com/post/...tv-and-hell-be

It has been reported that much-loved children’s cartoon, SuperTed, is set to make a return to TV screens across Britain, although the crime-fighting bear will have to adapt to the changing times.

The original show aired between 1983 and 1986 and animator Mike Young has revealed that SuperTed and his pals will be back by the end of the year.

He explained: “We hope it will be back in production this year.”

Addressing the change in political correctness over the last three decades, Mike added: “In SuperTed, we had a gun-slinging cowboy, a flamboyantly gay skeleton and a fat guy who had jokes made about his weight.

"And all these things you just wouldn’t do today but you can still write the show in a funny, entertaining way.”
    I'm pro PC but the issues addressed here confuse me... I never considered a camp/effeminate male character or overweight character to be politically incorrect, am I missing something? Isn't having an openly gay character good?

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I'm pro PC but the issues addressed here confuse me... I never considered a camp/effeminate male character or overweight character to be politically incorrect, am I missing something? Isn't having an openly gay character good?
    The gun slinging cowboy has guns, that's no longer PC for a show aimed at 5-9 year olds, the overly camp skeleton and the fat man are both stereotypes, and teaching children to ridicule stereotypes is no longer PC.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    The gun slinging cowboy has guns, that's no longer PC for a show aimed at 5-9 year olds, the overly camp skeleton and the fat man are both stereotypes, and teaching children to ridicule stereotypes is no longer PC.
    We have homosexual / fat stereotypes on TV all the time.... It's in RL too, if it isn't offensive I see no issue

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    What stereotype have I been missing out on?
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    We have homosexual / fat stereotypes on TV all the time.... It's in RL too, if it isn't offensive I see no issue
    It's a child's TV show, such things are not PC for childs shows anymore (not saying I agree with it, just stating the facts).