Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Paladin Memories

Name the most iconic moment for you as a Paladin, that one moment when you knew that being a Paladin was the right thing for you and you knew you had found your class.

For me it was when I first started playing the game and I walked into Goldshire for the first time as a silly little Rouge, I saw three bad ass paladins sitting ontop of those sexy glowing horses.

Warlock always and forever, Necromancer otherwise
    It is better to be feared than it is to be loved, if you cannot have both.

10+ Year Old Account
    getting the blood tempered ranseur and the level 40 mount back in the day pretty much solidified it for me. those quests at the time (at least for me) were difficult at level and they were super rewarding since this was before heirlooms and mount sharing.

hard to believe it's been like 9 years and soon i'll be able to see that character holding the ashbringer
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

Deleted
    Gaining the mount and I even made an alch for those pesky arcanite bars during the quest line.
    And Verigans Fist http://www.wowhead.com/item=6953/verigans-fist, with bastion of stormwind http://www.wowhead.com/item=9607/bastion-of-stormwind

killing a 70 lvl mage in HFP as 64 lvl through freshly learned Seal of Blood and with a brand new Quill of Terokk.

Not a paladin memory per say, but from a non-paladin I mained back in wrath and having a best friend I raided with who was a Paladin.... DIVINE INTERVENTION!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lightofdawn View Post
    getting the blood tempered ranseur and the level 40 mount back in the day pretty much solidified it for me. those quests at the time (at least for me) were difficult at level and they were super rewarding since this was before heirlooms and mount sharing.

hard to believe it's been like 9 years and soon i'll be able to see that character holding the ashbringer

Tell me about it, I equally enjoyed the mount quest but doing the resurrection quest to be able to revive was a cool experience too.

Divine Intervention on the tank by accident while healing is always a classic.

\o/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mumba View Post
    Divine Intervention on the tank by accident while healing is always a classic.

\o/
    lol yeah guilty.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seal of the Crusader shenanigans in Vanilla. I think it increased damage instead of lowering damage while maintaining the attack speed buff? That was when I first started the game and happened to roll a Paladin. I don't think it stayed in for very long though before being fixed.

Weren't there issues with Seal of Blood in TBC where the damage you took was being added to Recount and why they were baller in Hyjal?
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2016-02-22 at 05:22 PM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Deleted
    Topping DPS on Lady Vashj as Ret. Everyone in the raid thought their meters were bugged, but the fact was everyone else had shit to deal with while I just single targetted a couple of things for the entire fight. Ret just didn't have the toolkit everyone else had, so I just wasn't assigned any of the mechanics for our first kill.

1-shotting myself with seal of blood on Instructor Razuvious repeatedly. That was always fun.

DI wiping (intentional or otherwise)

BoP on melee on the pull - that one never gets old!

But no, I knew I'd picked the right class when I first healed SFK. I switched from Ret to holy specifically for it because guildies couldn't find a healer, and I stayed holy right through to lvl 70 after that - I loved healing instances.

Seal of Command bomb and the tears that followed. On forums and in game. rip SoC

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demeter View Post
    Tell me about it, I equally enjoyed the mount quest but doing the resurrection quest to be able to revive was a cool experience too.
    oh god i completely forgot about that!
    i remember when i did that quest, i had the tranquillien flamberge and i was always so confused because its chance on hit is that it throws a shadow bolt at your target. i was all like "dude im not a shadow paladin whats going on" god i was dumb
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfkrone View Post
    Seal of Command bomb and the tears that followed. On forums and in game. rip SoC
    Ah good times, when judgement was a real hitter.. good times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Using the Holy Mightstone against Kel'thuzad on our successful Undying run. I've had my paladin since vanilla but hadn't raided with her until Wrath.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sett View Post
    Using the Holy Mightstone against Kel'thuzad on our successful Undying run. I've had my paladin since vanilla but hadn't raided with her until Wrath.

I actually remember tanking our undying run on my paladin and I was horrified to toss my avengers shield lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Demeter View Post
    that one moment when you knew that being a Paladin was the right thing for you and you knew you had found your class.
    I'll let you know when it happens. The decision was made for me ten years before even Warcraft 1 was released.

switched from troll shaman to paladin blood elf. so my palamoment was in tbc. trashtank in hyjal and was allowed to tank illidan (the time when orcs had those little shoulders) and the adds in sunwell on felmyst. otherwise every other encounter because holy paladin just felt right. love it. really love the class. and yes. we are pretty pink in plate
    13/13

Monk

Consecration single handedly decided which class I was going to play. I remember watching WowHobbs and being completely enamored with the consecration animation.

Super happy we're (rets) getting it back in legion

No icd or cap on Reckoning talent...

I still have a bottle of tears on my desk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xhgvouRprw
    Last edited by jayinjersey; 2016-02-22 at 10:20 PM.

Deleted
    First time I used Divine Storm...