Deleted

2 fury questions.

1st question
    So i read mostly here that the crit cap is 30% buffed for fury. so i've been going for 25% unbuffed naturally. Another warrior in my guild has been mentioning that you have a 3% crit reduction in raids and should therefore go for 33% buffed, just wondering what is correct.

2nd question
    Second question is for mythic mannoroth about trinkets. In our last kills i've been going for gorefiend trinket+felburn and hoping for the sweet procs on imps, just today i got a mythic socketed class trinket though, what trinkets would you guys recommend?.

1) The 30% mark accounts for crit depression. That said, it's not a cap, it's a breakpoint. You will still benefit from crit above that mark, it's just the approximate time at which Mastery becomes the better stat. Individual results may vary depending on your gear.

2) There are many different schools of thought, really comes down to what you're trying to do. Class Trinket is more consistent, ensuring Reck is up for every Bladestorm and increasing your single target damage. Gorefiend is better for ranking, but only when things go your way.

Deleted
    alright, thanks a lot for the quick response

gronntooth warhorn is also very strong on manno, ive had tries of 50% + uptime of it (only one manno kill yet).

I'm pretty sure the 30% crit guideline is already considering the 3% crit supression as it was a "generic advice" number taken from Simcraft testing, even so Crit is very strong well beyond 30%. Also worth taking into consideration that Fury is primarily a Bladestorm Burst + Execute phase dps class and you shouldn't just sim your class based on a patchwerk fight, since Fury is not a good single target patchwerk spec and would never be taken for that role in an ideal raid setup.

On Mannoroth I like Class + Unending Hunger as a sort of healthy middle ground (consistent with possibility of glory rank). Though fel burn is better on progress because it gives you a lot of boss damage, where as UEH is imps glory whoring. Class trinket gives you consistency and reliability (for reck + bladestorm to take care of imps especially), also improving boss damage over other choices. So if it was a progression type gearing choice I'd go Worldbreaker + EDH.

Ultimate ranking with RNG you'd go Grontooth + Unending Hunger, on a bad pull it will be really bad, on a good pull it will be really good, so I'd definitely not recommend it for progress but it's the best choice for ranking. To be honest though ranking is more to do with kill time and how much of the AOE you have to yourself than trinket choice, at some high raid dps breakpoints you can end up skipping an imp wave which will impede ranking quite a bit. Raid comp, overall raid dps & dps distribution and ring use are the most important factors of ranking, stuff that is often largely out of your control.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2016-02-24 at 01:24 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4