Mythic halp for a new Enhancement Shaman- Manno

Hello All

I could use a little bit of help (maybe a lot of help, but we’ll keep it nice and say only a little). I recently switched mains from a Resto Druid to a Shaman. My shaman was always MS Resto, but well…not many current mythic fights use a lot of healers and the HoT healers always seem to be the least fun when “overhealing” so I said forget it! I am going full dps, and I switched to Enh/Ele. Simple enough, but now that my Enhancement gear is 730-732, depending what trinkets I have equipped, I feel like I should be doing more damage and dps than I am. I am not sure if its talents or my rotation, but I think I am using the right talents with the class trinket and for ST verses Multiple Target fights. I could most definitely be wrong though which is why I am here on MMO champ, bearing my soul to you all…soul might be a tad dramatic…but to the point

I’ve only ever healed Mythic Mannoroth, but stepped down in progression to join a more fun group and I have found myself dpsing as Enhancement. So a few questions if anyone has the time and knowledge to answer:

1. Should I be Enhance or Ele? Is there a big difference or is it merely a comfort level?
    2. Should I be using the Demon BOA trinket? (I do NOT have the Blademaster trinket right now- but if I had it on heroic or mythic should I be using that one?)
    3. I switched to Liquid Magma for most of these logs and dropped the class trinket- good choice? Bad choice? And if its ok to use Liquid Magma should I hold it for Imp and other add spawns or use on CD?

Here are some logs (only 10-20 pulls logged on Mannoroth over 2 different days…and we aren’t getting very far into the fight yet) BUT if anyone does see something that they would like to yell at me for doing or not doing I would appreciate it! I was also only in for Zakuun/Xhul as I didn’t need gear from the upper bosses- and my dps was dead last or pettylow, which I know for a fact shouldn’t be the case as the Enh shaman when I was resto and alliance was doing AMAZING dps…

Going from a MS healer for the last 3 expansions and all of my raiding career to melee is…quite the change, and feel free to be blunt with me if I’m doing something horrid- appreciate any advice given so I’m not holding the group back!

Ok- well its saying I can't link anything until I've posted a few times >.< BUT if anyone was feeling charitable and had extra time. My shaman's name is Lilhussy-Area52 (Horde). Feb 18th and Feb 23rd have the Mannoroth wipes and me in for a Xhul and Zakuun kill. Guild doesn't have a page for logs except on Insidious_Souls on Area 52 Thanks!

To answer your Questions:

1. Both Enhancement and Elemental Shamans are decent if played well enough. Elemental even more so because of ChL + Earthquake for Imps.

2. Blademaster Trinket can work well if you're struggling with imps dps. Personally I'm using Mirror, since it adds a ton of AoE and even some singletarget/cleave damage for the Doom-Add that spawns. The BoA Trinket is quite decent in terms of singletarget DPS, but honestly I'm using Mirror + Soul Capacitor.

3. LM provides the best Singletarget- and AoE-Damage, I usually use it for bombing adds. Elemental Fusion can be good too, if you're not bursting demons as fast as other guilds. If you have access to soul capacitor + classtrinket I'd use them. If you have Censer from Velhari, its even better than the classtrinket, since it provides good damage on both single and multitarget.

Wordup has a pretty good google document, with a lot of tips and other stuff for bosses.

Edit: cant look into your logs/armory right now, since I dont have the time for it at the moment. Maybe someone else can help you faster in that case
    Last edited by Darleth; 2016-02-24 at 06:10 PM. Reason: Added his Armory and Logs.
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

Deleted
    Theres a few issues i can see for manno right now.

1.) Low itemlevel legendary ring (your burst will be rocksolid once you get a proper dps ring)

2.) Your aoe buildup is too slow i think. That means you dont get as many firenovas out as you could. How i prepare for impspawns: Flameshock on boss -> unleash elements right before imps spawn -> lavalash right after impspawn -> unlock your inner beast and smash the firenova button as hard as you can. That way you can get atleast one more firenova, even if the imps die after 8 seconds (which they do most of the time in your tries)

Now improvements concerning Zakuun:
    If im not mistaken you were using Elemental Fusion for Zakuun. I'd advice you to pick either LM or Storm Elemental. Think about that: Fight lasts 2 minutes and 30 seconds, and you can have 2 entire minutes filled with elementals beating the shit out of Zakuun. Thats way more damage than an improved flameshock (and frostshock i guess^^) can provide. Due to lucky Soulcap proccs i usually go with LM tho. Storm Elemental does not work with Soulcap -> LM does.

The ring issue applies to Zakuun aswell^^

All in all youre not doing so bad imo. Good luck mastering the elements

Edit: Try to get your hands on the Zakuun chest. Thats pretty damn good for ST.
    Last edited by mmoc40b2c01b73; 2016-02-25 at 03:50 PM.

Hi thanks for both replies- yea the ring upgrade has been brutally slow. I didn't even OWN the enhancement ring up until 3 weeks ago and still wasn't sure if I was going to be focusing on ELE or ENH for my MS. After trying to run elemental on some fights last night...pretty sure I will be mainly enhancement, I prefer the flow of things So getting 3 upgrades on the ring a week will hopefully help me out!...and yes I agree my AOE on imps can be way better- I will definitely be using the above suggestions.

Does anyone have any advice on trinkets for Mannoroth? I have Demon BOA trinket, Soul Cap (M) and Class Trinket (H WF) and I might be able to get Blademaster (H). All upgraded if applicable.

Logs from last night on Mannoroth...going to try to link (ignore the attempts as elemental please hahah- it was worth a try...didn't go well)...still no linking luck- they're for Feb 25 2016 if anyone is feeling curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Breezey View Post
    Does anyone have any advice on trinkets for Mannoroth? I have Demon BOA trinket, Soul Cap (M) and Class Trinket (H WF) and I might be able to get Blademaster (H). All upgraded if applicable.
    You should talent LIQUID MAGMA.

You should be using Soul Cap and Blademaster. You should have Blademaster up for every other set of imps (1,3,5 etc.) and you MUST have LM up for EVERY set of imps. Prep you flame shock/unleash elements, then when imps land, lash lash and fire nova like crazy. You should be unmatched at blowing up the imps Make sure you don't mess up a soul cap explosion by being out of range from abilities. Use a 'cancelaura' macro if necessary. Drop Windwalk totem to have yourself and raid hustle through the slow goop if necessary. Have Ascendance & AG ready for that hairy time going from P3 into P4, when all the shit hits at once.

btw; assuming you know you can buy ring upgrades with valor
    Last edited by Vizslakane; 2016-02-25 at 10:11 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    2.) Your aoe buildup is too slow i think. That means you dont get as many firenovas out as you could. How i prepare for impspawns: Flameshock on boss -> unleash elements right before imps spawn -> lavalash right after impspawn -> unlock your inner beast and smash the firenova button as hard as you can. That way you can get atleast one more firenova, even if the imps die after 8 seconds (which they do most of the time in your tries)
    wont hurt if you throw a chain lightinig after 2 fire novas, so what i do is i gather some 10x maelstrom before imps, i do as you do then
    fire nova one! chain lightning (glyphed) , fire nova 2 , maybe 3, chain again, imps dead. if not dead, nova again.
    this way you start eating the nova cd and you add more damage inside the cds. this is the best way as long as
    when imps die, fire nova is still 0 and recharging and you just used chain lightning twice
    another good thing is
    HINT! dont fire nova before the DK mass grip them together because it won't do that much damage otherwise

Deleted
    For Mannoroth i would strongly advice doing Class trinket + Soul Cap. Your mirror will only STRONGLY decrease of ST dmg you can do with abusing Fire Nova for your ST dps. Besides, if you use mirror, you would have to pre-pop it, and it wont be up for every imp wave. Now if Imps are gripped on top of the boss (on top of the Mirror) the will melt, but then again your ST dmg will STRONGLY decrease by using Mirror above your class trinket. In general sense you would never swap out either Soul Cap or Class trinket once you get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockhao View Post
    For Mannoroth i would strongly advice doing Class trinket + Soul Cap. Your mirror will only STRONGLY decrease of ST dmg you can do with abusing Fire Nova for your ST dps. Besides, if you use mirror, you would have to pre-pop it, and it wont be up for every imp wave. Now if Imps are gripped on top of the boss (on top of the Mirror) the will melt, but then again your ST dmg will STRONGLY decrease by using Mirror above your class trinket. In general sense you would never swap out either Soul Cap or Class trinket once you get it.
    This is pretty spot on.

13/13 mythic enhance here - I use mythic WF class trinket and Soul Cap. Our imps die in literally 4-5 seconds, so I get those Novas off as quickly as I can and just continue to single target the boss and priority big adds. Your main focus on this fight should be single target....your raid has enough AOE to kill imps quickly if everyone swaps, so they shouldn't be a problem.

Deleted
    Don't forget Fire Nova is your greatest ST spell if there's imps up. So that's the main reason to not use mirror, unless they're really up for long.