Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    The guides were prosecuted for an illegal hunt. His guides.

Tell me, how do they guide him on an illegal hunt, while he is hunting legally during the same hunt?

Please inform me. What was their sentence then? What was the verdict of their case?

Again, the hunt was not legal.

That you decide to ignore this isn't surprising at all, but hey, whatever floats your boat.
    I think you misunderstand the way law enforcement works. Even IF a crime was committed, when the prosecutors determine not to bring charges, there is no crime. You have the written law and then you have enforced law. In some areas of the world there is a wide gap between the two.

I think that they decided if charges were brought and the hunter was prosecuted, that there would be no more hunters and thus no money for the preserve. As it stands, it looks as if they hurt themselves more by giving into the PETA types than it was worth.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJoe View Post
    Please inform me. What was their sentence then? What was the verdict of their case?
    It's still going through the courts. But as of now, they're still declaring it a poaching.

That said, luring an animal out of a sanctuary is NEVER legal. Ever. Which the guides did.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bloodrunner View Post
    I think you misunderstand the way law enforcement works. Even IF a crime was committed, when the prosecutors determine not to bring charges, there is no crime. You have the written law and then you have enforced law. In some areas of the world there is a wide gap between the two.

I think that they decided if charges were brought and the hunter was prosecuted, that there would be no more hunters and thus no money for the preserve. As it stands, it looks as if they hurt themselves more by giving into the PETA types than it was worth.
    That's really not how it works.

The guides can be prosecuted for failing to stop an illegal hunt. Palmer could, but won't be for a variety of reasons. One being he can plead ignorance, making it hard to prove he knew it was illegal. That doens't make his actions legal, it just makes him a clueless babe in the woods (and the authenticity of that is doubtful, given he's done illegal hunts before).

10+ Year Old Account
    It's still going through the courts. But as of now, they're still declaring it a poaching.

That said, luring an animal out of a sanctuary is NEVER legal. Ever. Which the guides did.

Again. If you have some evidence that they don't. You should pass it on. Would make their case go a lot faster.

Wonder what is taking so long on such a clear case of poaching.....

Again. If you have some evidence that they don't. You should pass it on. Would make their case go a lot faster.

Wonder what is taking so long on such a clear case of poaching.....
    You realize trials take time, yes? They don't immediately jump forward and "bam, verdict!".

They also didn't inform anyone of the tracking collar once the lion was killed.

Both of these things are facts, reported by palmer, the guide, and the zimbabwe authorities. all are illegal. trying to dance around and say "well well you must know everything go help them!" when i got the facts from them is really stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    You realize trials take time, yes? They don't immediately jump forward and "bam, verdict!".

They also didn't inform anyone of the tracking collar once the lion was killed.

Both of these things are facts, reported by palmer, the guide, and the zimbabwe authorities. all are illegal. trying to dance around and say "well well you must know everything go help them!" when i got the facts from them is really stupid.

They aren't normally delayed like this unless they are having trouble getting evidence to charge them.

But go ahead. Keep up the good fight against those evil hunters.

They aren't normally delayed like this unless they are having trouble getting evidence to charge them.

They're delayed because they're making appeals that have to be heard pre-court. You really know nothing about this, eh?

As I said from the first page of this post, I have zero problems with legal hunts. From start to finish, this one was not. Legal hunts are necessary and useful. Poaching is not.

Just ignore him, if you get down to the level of stupid people, they will beat you because of their experience.

But yeah... who would've imagined that people that use emotion instead of their fucking heads are morons...

Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    Just ignore him, if you get down to the level of stupid people, they will beat you because of their experience.
    While I disagree that the dentists is at fault, Vanyali seems to be much more informed on this case than most of the posters here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    While I disagree that the dentists is at fault, Vanyali seems to be much more informed on this case than most of the posters here.
    And I'd agree with you - the majority of the fault is on the guides. The fault of the dentist lies mainly in ignorance of local law and an insane level of trust in this case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    They read "poaching is fucking dumb" but hear "I hate all hunting in all forms. Please lock all hunters away forever." and then the foam rises from their mouth and they stomp their feet

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    I mean look we get you dislike the dentist hunter, but this is less about him and more about how the backlash against him has caused to a lack of Big-game hunters. They fear being labeled and attacked in the same manor and the direct result of that is this park is telling the world they may have to kill off 200ish lions. Do you not feel a slight bit upset or disturb by this? Was demonizing the dentist worth it if this is the end result?
    Liberals don't feel guilt, they only feel righteousness. They don't care about the consequence on the locals, just that their good intentions prevail over everything.

This is the way of the world. Their good intentions that make them feel better, hurt the people who live there and they could care less. Wait, I am sure they will have their carebear in chief have a donation sent to fund yet more stuff not needing American government funding.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    Liberals don't feel guilt, they only feel righteousness. They don't care about the consequence on the locals, just that their good intentions prevail over everything.

This is the way of the world. Their good intentions that make them feel better, hurt the people who live there and they could care less. Wait, I am sure they will have their carebear in chief have a donation sent to fund yet more stuff not needing American government funding.
    Well it indeed does seem to be true for several left leaning folks here.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Just saw this, I know FOX, but read it. the article even discusses the culling that was proposed (to raise "awareness"??).

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/02...l?intcmp=hpbt1

the part i thought was very interesting is:
    Minnesota dentist Walter Palmer faced global scorn after he shot and killed Cecil with a compound bow. Palmer was lambasted on social media, had demonstrators protest outside of his office and even faced death threats. But he was never charged with a crime because authorities said he had obtained the legal authority to hunt Cecil.
    No charges were filed because no crime occurred.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodrunner View Post
    Just saw this, I know FOX, but read it. the article even discusses the culling that was proposed (to raise "awareness"??).

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/02...l?intcmp=hpbt1

the part i thought was very interesting is:

No charges were filed because no crime occurred.
    He did.

His guides did not. That is why it was still a poaching, though he did not go out to poach. They can't charge him based on "well, you didn't ask your guides why the hunt was moved".