Thread: mage utility

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Idk, I think it'd be cool to have Mages teach their spells temporarily to allies on the spot. It'd be like Symbiosis, but you can only use it once every few minutes, not the entire fight.

PS: Look what your dumb bullet points did to my formatting
    I always loved the concept of [Symbiosis], and would be nice if mages receive something similar. Nice idea!

PS: Yes, bullet points are perfidious and unforgiving... not surprising nobody likes them

I'm still very unhappy about losing Remove Curse and Arcane Brilliance for PvP purposes.

Last build they added back disease/poison/curse dispels for the other classes, yet Mages are still without Remove Curse.. Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Aceveda View Post
    I'm still very unhappy about losing Remove Curse and Arcane Brilliance for PvP purposes.

Last build they added back disease/poison/curse dispels for the other classes, yet Mages are still without Remove Curse.. Sigh.
    Being the sole decurser in a few progression fights lately made me think what an important utility it can be. But, I prefer I didn't have to do it. That thing triggers the GCD.

It might be fun if it didn't trigger it and was cast during arcane blast.

To be frank I would be happy with some QoL utility, that has no direct effect on our raid performance.

For example:
    To be able to set a few additional teleport/portal destinations freely, the mage have to visit the spot in person beforehand of course. Or have a lot more locations on the map, which could pop up when you start casting the spell so you can pick where you want the spell to lead, determined by the devs to avoid mischief, like meeting stones, flight masters as a start.

Or buff our conjured food so full stacks of it can be combined with 1 regular +stat food(it is consumed in the process) and then eating the enchanted mage cakes would give the same bonus.

I don't think we will get more teleports. They are too many already as it is. It is a game at the end of day and it has to retain some simplicity, more than 12 portals is too much.

I think we should differentiate between out of combat utility (things like mage portals, lock summons, dk's path of frost etc.) and combat utility which for me doesn't matter if it's defensive, cc, buffs, what matters is "x class is brought to x encounter because it is necessary part of the tactics or at least makes it was easier with x class than without". Dk's mass grip is utility, makes xul and manno much better than without. Mage's evanescence is utility, zakuun's crescent soaking / team protecting is way better with a mage than without.

Also can't really take a change out of comparison with other classes, yes mages are losing the arcane intellect in legion but so is every other class that offered a persistent buff. I have no idea why is Blizzard removing all the long duration buffs from the game. They were a part of the picture since vanilla...

Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    I always loved the concept of [Symbiosis], and would be nice if mages receive something similar. Nice idea!
    Thank you! It'd be a unique way to give Mages some raid utility since they kept removing all of ours.

Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    PS: Yes, bullet points are perfidious and unforgiving... not surprising nobody likes them
    I just hate when my formatting gets fucked up. For anyone who was around during WoD's beta (I made the WoD Beta Mage thread), my OP kept getting screwed over and I kept needing Shang's help to fix it. Drove me nuts!

Quote Originally Posted by Aceveda View Post

All buffs are being removed so don't be too unhappy about AB being gone.

Us losing Remove Curse with other non-DPS having dispels though, yeah that's fucked up, even though it won't be too big a loss.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    I think we should differentiate between out of combat utility (things like mage portals, lock summons, dk's path of frost etc.) and combat utility which for me doesn't matter if it's defensive, cc, buffs, what matters is "x class is brought to x encounter because it is necessary part of the tactics or at least makes it was easier with x class than without". Dk's mass grip is utility, makes xul and manno much better than without. Mage's evanescence is utility, zakuun's crescent soaking / team protecting is way better with a mage than without.

Also can't really take a change out of comparison with other classes, yes mages are losing the arcane intellect in legion but so is every other class that offered a persistent buff. I have no idea why is Blizzard removing all the long duration buffs from the game. They were a part of the picture since vanilla...
    The buffs were a serious problem in 5mans. And 5mans started becoming serious business lately because of the Challenge Mode loot early in the expansion. In raiding they were mainly an annoyance since they were trimmed to very few for a 20man, hunters bring most of them, and the players only track a repetitive reapplication.