Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Free game offering from AMD... Details within.

Instead of explaining stuff I shall simply forward you to the following news item:

FREE GAME WITH CERTAIN AMD STUFF... CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS!

Enjoy.

*checks out games*

all are terrible

*is glad he doesnt own anything AMD anyway*
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

Deleted
    Lame... Missing Club3D and Sapphire as manufacturers... -.-

Oh man, that Radeon R9 380 or whatever I got like 3 months ago is gonna pay off now? Hurray.

I would of never found out about this without this link honestly, thanks OP!

Quote Originally Posted by Ambushu View Post
    *checks out games*

all are terrible

Guacamelee is pretty good game honestly. Don't know about the rest, and I already own Guacamelee. They should of gave the one with all the DLC though if anything.
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2016-02-24 at 09:15 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambushu View Post
    *checks out games*

all are terrible

You'd be surprised how fun the Lego batman game actually is.
    Gives the real one a run for it's money

10+ Year Old Account
    I bought R390 few months ago and and had free copy of Civ Beyond earth, so what is new?

10+ Year Old Account
    I've seen better games with Humble Bundle.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    I've seen better games with Humble Bundle.
    Still a free game.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeara View Post
    Lame... Missing Club3D and Sapphire as manufacturers... -.-
    ... their own go-to OEM is left out? Pro, AMD, Pro.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    ... their own go-to OEM is left out? Pro, AMD, Pro.
    As it turns out, it is only for systems (desktops/laptops) build by OEMs. Sapphire just sells the GPU's...

It's a shame...

10+ Year Old Account
    Not exactly free, from what I just read it appears you're only eligible if you purchase the hardware after the start date of said promotion.

Link to AMD's PDF on the promotion https://www.amd4u.com/amdgamepromo/f...mePromo_TC.pdf

Will update with whether or not it works for products bought before the promotion started, as my build is two years old and using AMD graphics card and motherboard.
    Last edited by TEHPALLYTANK; 2016-02-25 at 08:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Just tired it on my system it's using a r9 390 and won't work bought this during October so yeah the pdf is right.

Deleted
    Honestly, this is why I would rather go with Nvidia even though AMD are providing better bank for buck atm. Nvidia just provide better games with their promos, games that I would actually buy at full retail price, e.g. The Division, so its almost like knocking $60 off the actual cost of the card. Most of the games in that AMD promo can be bought on a steam sale for less then 5$

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moosie View Post
    Honestly, this is why I would rather go with Nvidia even though AMD are providing better bank for buck atm. Nvidia just provide better games with their promos, games that I would actually buy at full retail price, e.g. The Division, so its almost like knocking $60 off the actual cost of the card. Most of the games in that AMD promo can be bought on a steam sale for less then 5$
    Well this is not the same type of promo as you're referring to.
    AMD does exactly the same and has historically even offered more and better games than nVidia.

This is just a "Oh well... here have some free just cause!" promo.. so using that as a reason is to prefer nVidia is ... well kinda dumb.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Not exactly free, from what I just read it appears you're only eligible if you purchase the hardware after the start date of said promotion.

Link to AMD's PDF on the promotion https://www.amd4u.com/amdgamepromo/f...mePromo_TC.pdf

Will update with whether or not it works for products bought before the promotion started, as my build is two years old and using AMD graphics card and motherboard.
    Can confirm, my old pc with a 6300 in will not verify via the app, saying I need to provide proof-of-purchase to redeem the "free" games. Hardly free. Just seems to be like AMD are trying to somehow dump all the unused game codes from their Radeon rewards campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Evildeffy View Post
    Well this is not the same type of promo as you're referring to.
    What are you on about? It's exactly the same. Buy an AMD product during the stated time-frame, get a shitty game thats been available on Radeon rewards for years.
    Last edited by mmoca8c3a8c487; 2016-02-27 at 01:46 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Can confirm, my old pc with a 6300 in will not verify via the app, saying I need to provide proof-of-purchase to redeem the "free" games. Hardly free. Just seems to be like AMD are trying to somehow dump all the unused game codes from their Radeon rewards campaign.

What are you on about? It's exactly the same. Buy an AMD product during the stated time-frame, get a shitty game thats been available on Radeon rewards for years.
    Actually no, this is an after purchase bonus.
    Nothing to do with "Buy a GFX card and get this free!" as a promotion bundle.

The promotion types you are referring to are always GFX related which is not THIS promotion.
    Perhaps it is extra codes they want to get rid of and this is a good way of doing it.
    Easily able to give it out for free if you bought an AMD product as an extra bonus.

If it were a real promo you'd get an actual hyped game that is recent or will be released soon .. not this.

Deleted
    Actually no, this is an after purchase bonus.
    Nothing to do with "Buy a GFX card and get this free!" as a promotion bundle.

The promotion types you are referring to are always GFX related which is not THIS promotion.
    Perhaps it is extra codes they want to get rid of and this is a good way of doing it.
    Easily able to give it out for free if you bought an AMD product as an extra bonus.

If it were a real promo you'd get an actual hyped game that is recent or will be released soon .. not this.
    Where have you been for the past 5 years? lol AMD have always done after purchase bonuses. Their Bioshock and Tomb raider were "after purchase" promos, and then even later on if you had got those games, you got farcry 3 blood dragon as an added bonus about 2 months later. AMD have always done it this way..

By your logic to, Radeon rewards is also an "after purchase bonus", which has been going on for a fair few years now..

Again, they are just extending their Radeon rewards to cover CPU purchases too.

Oh and to top that off, systems build by yourself are not covered by the reward, even if you buy it within the time-frame, this is arguably one of the worst promotions for a "free" game they have ever done.

Note that only branded notebooks and desktop PCs bought from participating OEM vendors and system builders that have been listed below the eligible products will be eligible for the offer.
    In English, buy a system that's 300 dollars more expensive then building it, and we'll throw in a couple of 3$ games.

The only bonus I see from this is maybe AMD are dumping all the unused keys to relaunched their "never settle" campaign which was pretty decent at the time, add some newer games to it.
    Last edited by mmoca8c3a8c487; 2016-02-27 at 06:57 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Where have you been for the past 5 years? lol AMD have always done after purchase bonuses. Their Bioshock and Tomb raider were "after purchase" promos, and then even later on if you had got those games, you got farcry 3 blood dragon as an added bonus about 2 months later. AMD have always done it this way..

By your logic to, Radeon rewards is also an "after purchase bonus", which has been going on for a fair few years now..

Again, they are just extending their Radeon rewards to cover CPU purchases too.

Oh and to top that off, systems build by yourself are not covered by the reward, even if you buy it within the time-frame, this is arguably one of the worst promotions for a "free" game they have ever done.

In English, buy a system that's 300 dollars more expensive then building it, and we'll throw in a couple of 3$ games.

The only bonus I see from this is maybe AMD are dumping all the unused keys to relaunched their "never settle" campaign which was pretty decent at the time, add some newer games to it.
    Oh good God...

I wonder if you're just being annoying or what exactly?

Every single reward is "Buy this now and get X for free" but it's not like that in this case.
    You buy a graphics card and it features a game it will clearly state it, Radeon or GeForce rewards alike.
    It will be mass marketed and promoted .. hence the word promo.

In THIS case you just get it as a bonus like "Oh ... You bought that huh? Well we didn't market it but gimme a poke and I'll give you a reward.".
    It's not an active marketing bonus you get with your card/cpu/apu that they advertize and promote massively.

It's a freebie unrelated to promos as (yet again) it will be clearly stated and promoted when you get free AAA-games with your high-end cards.

You are directly comparing an ACTIVE MARKETING CAMPAIGN that you get with high-end gear and being AAA-titles to something that is more like an afterthought but still free and say you prefer nVidia for that reason when nVidia doesn't even HAVE this?

Active promos with high-end cards (Like right now nVidia's The Division Bundle with GTX970 or higher) is not the same as this current freebie you're able to get with the above mentioned rewards.
    So comparing 2 entirely different campaigns where 1 is actively promoted to increase purchase rate of the components vs. the one where you get a freebie just because is stupid.

If it were a campaign that was actually actively promoted saying "BUY AN R9 FURY CARD AND GET THIS GAME FOR FREE NOW!" and it was supposed to be current I could agree with you but it's not... it's just an extra you can get.

What you're comparing (and I'm putting it in nVidia terms for you) would be "BUY THE GTX 1380 Ti AND GET THE NEW FAR CRY 3: BLOOD DRAGON FOR FREE" in 4 - 5 years to promote their new card... entirely different concept here.
    It's more like "Oh cool, I bought an nVidia card a year ago and because of that I can get a free game as an extra.. nice" .. those are some pretty huge differences.

Thanks for this! Completed verification process and installing Dirt Rally now for free via steam.

Deleted
    snip
    It's exactly the same, Buy x, receive y, but good job not reading 90% of my post. It does not matter how its marketed at all, if you buy an AMD product in a system bought from a specific vendor during a specific time period, you get a game. This is not free. Free is Need for speed most wanted on Origin at the moment, available to everyone at absolutely zero cost.
    Last edited by mmoca8c3a8c487; 2016-02-27 at 08:40 PM.