Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    Havoc Demon Hunter Overview

    Hi, I'm Wordup, I produce a lot of documents for Enhancement & had a good response from the Legion Overview document I did to keep people up to date with the changes over the course of the Alpha. Due to that (and the sheer time I've spent just playing Havoc) I decided to convert the format a bit and have a consolidated place for all the Demon Hunter updates as the Alpha/Beta continued with information on the spec & how it plays from my perspective, which I've linked below for anyone interested


    Legion Havoc Demon Hunter Overview
    Last edited by wordup; 2016-03-18 at 03:17 AM.

  2. #2
    Bloodsail Admiral Unanilnomen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    In the Demon Hunter forums... probably talking about Blade Dance.
    Posts
    1,136
    A note on the change to First Blood: in the previous build it read as an additional 1000% weapon damage to the first target struck. Now it reads as dealing 200% additional damage (no mention of weapon damage on the tooltip for it now on WoWhead at least). Seems to imply that First Blood actually triples Blade Dance's damage if I'm reading that correctly, right?

    That aside, I liked what you did here, was a good read, well done good sir
    "If this is where blood and fire bring rest...

    ... We'll bring the flame...

    ...Your flesh will suffice
    !"

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Unanilnomen View Post
    A note on the change to First Blood: in the previous build it read as an additional 1000% weapon damage to the first target struck. Now it reads as dealing 200% additional damage (no mention of weapon damage on the tooltip for it now on WoWhead at least). Seems to imply that First Blood actually triples Blade Dance's damage if I'm reading that correctly, right?

    That aside, I liked what you did here, was a good read, well done good sir
    Good point, actual testing agrees with it too, should have probably done a once-over when I updated the notes, good catch

  4. #4
    Bloodsail Admiral Unanilnomen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    In the Demon Hunter forums... probably talking about Blade Dance.
    Posts
    1,136
    Quote Originally Posted by wordup View Post
    Good point, actual testing agrees with it too, should have probably done a once-over when I updated the notes, good catch
    Ain't no thing, we non testers appreciate the information you bring us
    "If this is where blood and fire bring rest...

    ... We'll bring the flame...

    ...Your flesh will suffice
    !"

  5. #5
    Do we know if Felblade can be reset by Demon Blades since they are an "upgraded" version of Demon's Bite?

  6. #6
    Bloodsail Admiral Unanilnomen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    In the Demon Hunter forums... probably talking about Blade Dance.
    Posts
    1,136
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhinaz View Post
    Do we know if Felblade can be reset by Demon Blades since they are an "upgraded" version of Demon's Bite?
    They can according to some testers. Seems to be the talent you want to go for with Demon Blades
    "If this is where blood and fire bring rest...

    ... We'll bring the flame...

    ...Your flesh will suffice
    !"

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Unanilnomen View Post
    They can according to some testers. Seems to be the talent you want to go for with Demon Blades
    Sounds cool! Might be possible to make a more cooldown-driven rotation

  8. #8
    Bloodsail Admiral Unanilnomen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    In the Demon Hunter forums... probably talking about Blade Dance.
    Posts
    1,136
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhinaz View Post
    Sounds cool! Might be possible to make a more cooldown-driven rotation
    Most certainly a non-GCD capped spec for sure, without being too boring because of the buffs to Felblade's fury generation basically giving you a Chaos Strike whenever it's off CD
    "If this is where blood and fire bring rest...

    ... We'll bring the flame...

    ...Your flesh will suffice
    !"

  9. #9
    This has been updated to reflect changes from yesterday's build & more stuff on newly accessible 110 features.

  10. #10
    Field Marshal Nagashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Aggra / Grim Batol
    Posts
    58
    Great read wordup. I feel like its kinda unfortunate that Demon Reborn doesn't work with the Meta given by Demonic but if that was the case it was probably a bit too OP, no?

  11. #11
    Bloodsail Admiral Unanilnomen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    In the Demon Hunter forums... probably talking about Blade Dance.
    Posts
    1,136
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagashi View Post
    Great read wordup. I feel like its kinda unfortunate that Demon Reborn doesn't work with the Meta given by Demonic but if that was the case it was probably a bit too OP, no?
    It very likely would be, since i guess it was bugged to work exactly as such and dudes were saying they could essentially keep Meta up full time.

    Someone dubbed it as "Face Lazer Mode". Pretty sure it's been fixed by now, lol.
    "If this is where blood and fire bring rest...

    ... We'll bring the flame...

    ...Your flesh will suffice
    !"

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Unanilnomen View Post
    It very likely would be, since i guess it was bugged to work exactly as such and dudes were saying they could essentially keep Meta up full time.

    Someone dubbed it as "Face Lazer Mode". Pretty sure it's been fixed by now, lol.
    Anguish stacks for days :P

  13. #13
    Bloodsail Admiral Unanilnomen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    In the Demon Hunter forums... probably talking about Blade Dance.
    Posts
    1,136
    Quote Originally Posted by pharix View Post
    Anguish stacks for days :P
    Someone said it stacked up to 30, which is pretty crazy in its own right, lol
    "If this is where blood and fire bring rest...

    ... We'll bring the flame...

    ...Your flesh will suffice
    !"

  14. #14
    Updated the doc with the new changes that happened today here.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nagashi View Post
    Great read wordup. I feel like its kinda unfortunate that Demon Reborn doesn't work with the Meta given by Demonic but if that was the case it was probably a bit too OP, no?
    In situations where it was allowed to work with Demonic it was resulting in crazy things like 3 mins of Meta, so it's fair that stopped happening :P

  15. #15
    Bloodsail Admiral Unanilnomen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    In the Demon Hunter forums... probably talking about Blade Dance.
    Posts
    1,136
    Quote Originally Posted by wordup View Post
    Updated the doc with the new changes that happened today here.

    - - - Updated - - -



    In situations where it was allowed to work with Demonic it was resulting in crazy things like 3 mins of Meta, so it's fair that stopped happening :P
    You're a fuckin doll for keeping this updated Wordup. Keep up the good work sir, your efforts are incredibly appreciated <3

    - - - Updated - - -

    I noticed Prepared isn't under fury generators; oversight? Or am I blind D:
    "If this is where blood and fire bring rest...

    ... We'll bring the flame...

    ...Your flesh will suffice
    !"

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Unanilnomen View Post
    I noticed Prepared isn't under fury generators; oversight? Or am I blind D:
    Oversight, and duly updated :P

  17. #17
    Bloodsail Admiral Unanilnomen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    In the Demon Hunter forums... probably talking about Blade Dance.
    Posts
    1,136
    Quote Originally Posted by wordup View Post
    Oversight, and duly updated :P
    Woo! I helped with the thing!

    Other than that, still awesome. Knowing there's a 20 second ICD on Demonic Appetite means someone could probably make a WA to track said ICD to better make use of the talent. Do you know yet if Inner Demons has an ICD too?
    "If this is where blood and fire bring rest...

    ... We'll bring the flame...

    ...Your flesh will suffice
    !"

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Unanilnomen View Post
    Woo! I helped with the thing!

    Other than that, still awesome. Knowing there's a 20 second ICD on Demonic Appetite means someone could probably make a WA to track said ICD to better make use of the talent. Do you know yet if Inner Demons has an ICD too?
    Inner Demons is definitely RPPM atm (you can have back to back procs vs. full minutes of nothing).

  19. #19
    Bloodsail Admiral Unanilnomen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    In the Demon Hunter forums... probably talking about Blade Dance.
    Posts
    1,136
    Quote Originally Posted by wordup View Post
    Inner Demons is definitely RPPM atm (you can have back to back procs vs. full minutes of nothing).
    I thought I saw something on an artifact talent calculator that showed it had 0.85 PPM. That what that means then?

    Good to know stuff!
    "If this is where blood and fire bring rest...

    ... We'll bring the flame...

    ...Your flesh will suffice
    !"

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Unanilnomen View Post
    Knowing there's a 20 second ICD on Demonic Appetite means someone could probably make a WA to track said ICD
    Yes, yes you could. And maybe.....maybe I have been working on it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •