Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Demonic Servitude

I think I speak for the majority of all warlocks when I say this. Blizzard.
    Would you please be so kind and remove Demonic Servitude as a talent..
    With the removal of Dark soul in legion Warlocks have 1 dmg cd, and not very good one either.
    Summon Doomguard, a temporary pet that we are unable to control, meaning a cooldown we have no control over when killing priority adds.

Demonic Servitude removes this so called "cooldown" and makes grimoire of sacrifice a dead talent aswell.
    Not only that but it is also a really boring lvl 100 talent.
    It does nothing but removing the other demons we have.

Blizzard said it them selves, they want to make the demons feel unique to each spec:
    Imp for destruction, Felhunter for affliction and Felguard for Demonology.

Speak for yourself. I've wanted permanent infernals since Vanilla.

7+ Year Old Account
    People complain about pruning the class, and there is others that wants to remove abilities (that also means by pruning).

If you want to remove it, you need to suggest another thing to replace it.
    I play @ Bleeding Hollow - US

Quote Originally Posted by warzerotwo View Post
    Speak for yourself. I've wanted permanent infernals since Vanilla.
    As did I-- but not in this form. This talent has all kinds of problems with it. For example, it makes Demonology's specific felguard pet (which is already pretty powerful) useless-- thus making this talent very unappealing for Demonology. Plus, could they have made the abilities for the doomguard and infernal more boring? Seriously, their abilities are so dull. This talent wouldn't be so "boring" if these demons actually had some interesting abilities for us to use. The doomguard has the same amount of HP as an imp and the infernal does virtually no damage and barely tanks better than the voidwalker. Infernals and Doomguards are some of the more powerful demons in the Legion...they should be represented as such. The idea behind this talent is awesome, but it was just poorly designed.
    Last edited by jayx10; 2016-02-25 at 06:46 PM.

Deleted
    I see a lot of warlocks (read: noobs) using this talent. it deals quite good damage considering you dont need to manage anything. its all passive and someone is more likely to fuck up with talents like SB:H than DS. maybe thats why they keep it? i mean blizzard is trying to make the game as casual friendly as possible.

before anyone gets triggered: im not being condescending about this. this might be a possibility why they keep it. or theyre just uncreative.

Quote Originally Posted by keniwa View Post
    i think i speak for the majority of all warlocks when i say this. Blizzard.
    Would you please be so kind and remove demonic servitude as a talent..
    With the removal of dark soul in legion warlocks have 1 dmg cd, and not very good one either.
    Summon doomguard, a temporary pet that we are unable to control, meaning a cooldown we have no control over when killing priority adds.

Demonic servitude removes this so called "cooldown" and makes grimoire of sacrifice a dead talent aswell.
    Not only that but it is also a really boring lvl 100 talent.
    It does nothing but removing the other demons we have.

Blizzard said it them selves, they want to make the demons feel unique to each spec:
    Imp for destruction, felhunter for affliction and felguard for demonology.
    agreed 100% ^ it should not be a talent for all 3 specs -.- or a talent in general its sooo boringgg it has been for all these years

10+ Year Old Account
    It's actually a very solid talent with many benefits and little drawbacks.

It's simple, easy to use, effective and has flavor.

Boring? For you that is... Some people do want to be "bored" as in not having 500 different mechanics piling up on them to make things "not boring". This is actually one of the better talents there, as it removes some complexity without just being a bland "lol your spells do more damage all the time passively".

Finally - nobody forces you to take it, if you don't like it - you have 2 other options.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2016-02-25 at 11:53 PM.

Talent is garbage, we could argue aesthetics but quite honestly the look should be a minor glyph. It doesn't add complexity, it isn't interesting.. if it's place is to cater to casual players as an easy passive it belongs in a lower tier.

"Finally - nobody forces you to take it, if you don't like it - you have 2 other options."

Right but... it's taking up the place of something that could actually make warlocks more interesting than they are currently. The only good place I could think of for servitude is demo only.
    Last edited by Gohzerlock; 2016-02-26 at 12:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    It doesn't add complexity
    But that is the whole damn point of what I wrote? Y U NO READ??

Not everyone looks or wants more complexity, many people actually want more simplicity, while still retaining most of the effectiveness and this talent gives that. Different people have different aims.

Some people want more buttons and mechanics because they like juggling 3 spinning plates on poles while jumping through fire on one leg and reciting Declaration of Independence, but there are also people that like to kick back and relax and press or even frikkin' click 1-2 buttons and do reasonably okayish and this talent is for those people as well as others who find specific use in it or have it suit their playstyle/fantasy/agenda/whatever and it's fine.

This talent is specifically made to NOT add more complexity. It's a simple passive choice that reduces complexity. If you want complexity - good - get other talent in that row that suits you and leave talent that suits others alone.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2016-02-26 at 12:42 AM.

So your basically saying this talent is great for ppl who do not want to actually play the game LOL it is not ok to have THIS ONE TALENT for all 3 specs!.. for demo it removes felguard and your 3min cd LIKE HELLO OUR 3MIN CD -.- hahahahaahaha its just bad design with the current specs since we don't have dark soul anymore.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fearsom1992 View Post
    So your basically saying this talent is great for ppl who do not want to actually play the game LOL it is not ok to have THIS ONE TALENT for all 3 specs!
    Yes that is what I am saying.

I am also saying this is a game, not some sort of test for your wits or ability to press many buttons, there are people who genuinely use this talent because they simply suck otherwise and it's fine, there are also people who simply love how it looks and finally there are people who find this talent useful due to reasons such as movement for example or utility.

Sick of spreadsheet heroes trying to take all the fun parts out of the game to make room for another freaking DPS cooldown.
    Last edited by warzerotwo; 2016-02-26 at 01:56 AM.

Deleted
    First of all OP I highly doubt you speak for the majority of anyone but nevertheless Demonic Servitude could use some tweaking imo.

With the current 3 min CD on Infernals/Doomguards, Demonic Servitude does seem to lack some impact compared to when it was a 10 min CD. You could say it doesn't feel as rewarding as when it had a longer CD despite the duration. I too have also longed for a permanent infernal since vanilla (or since WC3) when we had to use enslave demon to keep it under control but that was because it was intimidating in both size and power. What we currently have is a gimped version compared to its old image from both vanilla and WC3.

I don't mind the placement itself as it competes with an AoE and single target talent and thus needs a talent that suits the "in-between" needs. What I would like to see from Demonic Servitude is an "amplified" version of the infernal/doomguard with more utility/abilities tied to it or something that gives that specific demon more impact. If the talent is going to be the "easy" or passive way of doing dps at least make it appear more awesome.. and give its original size back.

Tbh they seem busy enough choosing a specific look for their new talent (inquisitor>dreadlord>beholder) that I doubt there'll be any changes to Demonic Servitude.

10+ Year Old Account
    Having a permanent doomguard/infernal was cool for 5 mins but the talent is really boring.

I've thought about this problem child of a talent for quite a while and atm i do see its place in wod as a flavor talent (disregarding the bad synergy with sacrifice but more on that later) for people who want the eazy road or just want a cool pet

The problem arises in legion.
    1. It replaces our only dps cooldown (other talents excluded) which seems pretty extreme. Ok i guess it can work outdoors but for any dungeon/raid this seems very lackluster
    2. Affli & destro still have the servitude/sacrifice combo. Why is still a thing in legion?! Seems like such an oversight
    3. "Class fantasy" seems one of the keywords flying around lately, concerning legion. Keeping this in mind i just dont see the doomguard's or infernal's place in the affli or destro spec. These demons are very (or should be) powerful and it seems illogical affli & destro can summon these (permanent even with servitude!) while our "Master Summoner" spec deals mostly with summoning overblown insects and pugs with rabies (granted the felguard is cool! But yea servitude replaces this demon..)

The way i see it, Doomguard and infernal should be the demo cooldown ( demo only) as a cooldown they could have a buff like "commanding presence" giving a buff to your demon army (infernal cd could give a cleave or splash effect to the demon army).
    And a permanent doomguard/infernal should honestly work like the inquisitor, a permanent guardian that follows the target of ur main pet.
    That way we still keep our main pets and utility while having the option of having an extra cool demon. This way it also plays very well into the master summoner theme, should this be demo only, as u basically have 2 base pets with servitude.
    Last edited by gruxxar; 2016-02-26 at 06:15 AM.
    made by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Yes that is what I am saying.

I am also saying this is a game, not some sort of test for your wits or ability to press many buttons, there are people who genuinely use this talent because they simply suck otherwise and it's fine, there are also people who simply love how it looks and finally there are people who find this talent useful due to reasons such as movement for example or utility.
    In that case, would it be an acceptable compromise to purposefully undertune Servitude? And with undertune I mean a minor percentage, something like 5%? Enough that people who want it for the cool factor still don't suffer from the choice, but enough so that it won't be forced on the "spreadsheet heroes" because it overtakes other talents at some point? Was pretty disappointing to run serv/serv as Demo and ditch the Felguard in BRF due to numbers to be honest, but I get that a lot of people want the Infernal and Doomguard simply for the cool factor.

Deleted
    I'd like the talent to stay but moved elsewhere. (ideally tier90)
    First thought would be to replace GoSac.
    Destro : Infernal
    Aff : Doomguard
    But that kinda makes GoSup irrelevant.

GoSac + DServ trap talent hurts my brain, hopefully this will get addressed sooner rather than later.
    I also fail to understand why it needs to remove the 3min CD.

Quote Originally Posted by cobz715 View Post
    I'd like the talent to stay but moved elsewhere. (ideally tier90)
    First thought would be to replace GoSac.
    Destro : Infernal
    Aff : Doomguard
    But that kinda makes GoSup irrelevant.

GoSac + DServ trap talent hurts my brain, hopefully this will get addressed sooner rather than later.
    I also fail to understand why it needs to remove the 3min CD.
    I guess we could keep it as a talent. We just need another cooldown. Make it demonology only, and replace the Grimoire of Synergy talent that is just another passive rng dmg increase talent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keniwa View Post
    I guess we could keep it as a talent. We just need another cooldown. Make it demonology only, and replace the Grimoire of Synergy talent that is just another passive rng dmg increase talent.
    Grimoire of Synergy is probably the best one.

I would also not call it passive either, its a proc that you can react to which benefits the player as well as the Pet.
    The proc would work very nice for both Aff and Destro tbh.

7+ Year Old Account
    Are you guys pruning more the class than it's going to be?! LOL
    I play @ Bleeding Hollow - US