New Computer Build for my wife

Hey I'm looking to build a new computer for my wife. My end budget will be around 1000 USD.

The things she will be doing with it mostly is playing video games (Fallout 4 and anything blizzard) and doing her digital art. She mainly used paint tool sai for her art but she also dabbles with photoshop. The other thing she does is she records the raids of her raid group and edits them to youtube, nothing to major tho. She also sometimes streams herself drawing art.

I'm looking for something that can handle all that and play games like fallout 4 on ultra at 60+ FPS on 1080p

The things I already have are a monitor, keyboard, and mouse. For the case she has been pretty outspoken about not wanting a black one, preferring white or a bright color like red.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

On a side note, i'm looking to clean out my HDD some because i'm approaching full (930gb out of 1TB) and I was wondering if there was a good way of knowing what programs I can delete without effecting other stuff. I've gone through the uninstall programs in Control Panel but a lot of them I don't know what they do or if I need them.

Deleted
    Start by cleaning all temp files and whatnot. In control if you don't know a program what it is just google it, most likely you don't need it either
    As for your wife's setup, do you need an o/s within that budget and is there any space restrictions, like does it have to be the normal atx or can be micro or even mini? Micro/mini obviously will have the case on desk. Additionaly does she need the case to have an optical drive bay? Many cool cases don't have one anymore.

Deleted
    Regarding cleaning your HDD.

I use a program called Sequioa View, it's a little old now but still works with Windows 10. It gives you a visual map of your hard drive, which can help you identify large files and folders quickly.

There may be similar progs that do the same, but I don't know them by name.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyro1990 View Post
    preferring white or a bright color like red.
    Any form-factor preferences?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
    Need a budget.

Deleted
    This is the closest i can bring it to budget without gimping performance. Your next move would be to add another stick of same ram if you need it:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($244.99 @ NCIX US)
    CPU Cooler: be quiet! PURE ROCK 51.4 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($34.99 @ NCIX US)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 3 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($131.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory ($31.49 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($87.49 @ OutletPC)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($49.89 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 390 8GB SOC Video Card ($304.99 @ Micro Center)
    Case: NZXT S340 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case ($63.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Power Supply: EVGA 650W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($58.98 @ Newegg)
    Total: $1008.80
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-02-25 16:37 EST-0500

edit: There is a new case coming out from Phanteks - Eclipse Series in two weeks and will have white version available, just not up there yet to link it.
    Last edited by mmoc73263b3bd5; 2016-02-25 at 09:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Any form-factor preferences?

Need a budget.
    I put 1000 USD in the first sentence

sorry for the late replies. I was planning on doing a regular ATX board in either a Mid or Full tower. Never messed with the smaller form factors, it would be only my second build and i'm not sure if they are more difficult but I would be open to the possibility. And no, I can't think of any reason she would need an optical drive.
    Last edited by Pyro1990; 2016-02-26 at 01:40 AM.

I put 1000 USD in the first sentence
    I missed that somehow. Ill try to post a build tomorrow.

- - - Updated - - -

Slightly overbudget, but will do all the things she needs and more for quite some time:

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/VZ2VsY
    Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/VZ2VsY/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1225 V5 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor ($216.95 @ SuperBiiz)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.74 @ Amazon)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X150-PLUS WS ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($168.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Memory: Crucial 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory ($69.99 @ Adorama)
    Storage: Seagate 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Hybrid Internal Hard Drive ($69.88 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB Double Dissipation Video Card ($369.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: BitFenix Neos White/Red ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Power Supply: XFX TS 550W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply ($74.99 @ Amazon)
    Total: $1050.52
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-02-26 22:29 EST-0500
    Case is a bit bare-bones (in terms of style, just a plain case, still very functional).

Gets her into an 8-thread part on a modern socket, 16GB of RAM, and a very good GPU that is a lot more future proof than any of nVidia's current offerings.

Deleted
    The build above is different approach just a few remarks.

The xeon will have less performance in wow and in rendering but its cheaper. But considering the mobo price difference there is really 0 reason to get it over the i5. It would have been ok if this was say a 100$ savings but its not.

The case is not something amazing but most important of all won't fit the evo cooler. It will actually won't fit most aftermarket coolers that are taller than 150-155mm.

The xfx will work just fine but i am not sure how much overhead it will have, but most likely will be fine since you can't overclock that cpu.

Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post
    The build above is different approach just a few remarks.

The xeon will have less performance in wow and in rendering but its cheaper. But considering the mobo price difference there is really 0 reason to get it over the i5. It would have been ok if this was say a 100$ savings but its not.

The case is not something amazing but most important of all won't fit the evo cooler. It will actually won't fit most aftermarket coolers that are taller than 150-155mm.

The xfx will work just fine but i am not sure how much overhead it will have, but most likely will be fine since you can't overclock that cpu.
    Thanks for this reply. I actually looked into the difference between the too processors and only saw that the xeon was slightly cheaper but unclockable with slightly slower clock speeds. I was wondering how that would effect things, thanks for clearing that up

Is there any reason to get more expensive mobas?

Thanks for this reply. I actually looked into the difference between the too processors and only saw that the xeon was slightly cheaper but unclockable with slightly slower clock speeds. I was wondering how that would effect things, thanks for clearing that up

Is there any reason to get more expensive mobas?
    Kost is only partially correct.

Firstly, the new Xeons (E3 v5) can now Turbo, which previously the Xeons couldnt. The one i listed will Turbo to 3.9Ghz, putting it on part with a stock-clocked i7 6700K, roughly. Its also about 200$ cheaper than that i7.

Secondly, the Xeon will stomp the i5 into the dirt doing rendering and video work.

As for the case, it was just the first one to pop up that wasnt black and was relatively affordable. PCPartpicker didn't pick up any issues with the parts (cooler height) so...

Case choice is highly subjective. If you had some cash to spare to go overbudget and want a really great not-black case...

http://www.phanteks.com/Enthoo-Evolv-ATX.html

is probably my favorite full ATX case right now. Looks great, and has all the cable management you might ever need, plus great airflow.
    Last edited by Kagthul; 2016-02-27 at 04:33 PM.

Deleted

Firstly, the new Xeons (E3 v5) can now Turbo, which previously the Xeons couldnt. The one i listed will Turbo to 3.9Ghz, putting it on part with a stock-clocked i7 6700K, roughly. Its also about 200$ cheaper than that i7.

It turbo's to 3.7 tho.

Deleted

That xeon tho has only 4 threads, not 8 like an i7 6700k or previous 8 thread xeons. So essentially is like an i5. And since we compare to an unlocked cpu the difference in performance it can only go higher.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post
    That xeon tho has only 4 threads, not 8 like an i7 6700k or previous 8 thread xeons. So essentially is like an i5. And since we compare to an unlocked cpu the difference in performance it can only go higher.
    I completely missed that xD Intel really changed Xeon around...

The 1230 does have HT, turbos to 3.8.. but it is more expensive than the 6600k (still cheaper than the 6700k tho)