Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beoren View Post
    there were alot of 10man HC pugs back then and it was successful.
    I recall that was mainly a thing towards the end when the raid was escalating its nerfs. That's before mentioning the pre-patch of WoD where hard mode SoO practically became a slightly harder version of regular difficulty, for indirect reasons having to do with the squish and the classes.

Also I believe in this current Tier people misjudge the role of Gorefiend. Gorefiend is not just a boss. Gorefiend is practically the end-boss of half of the Tier.

It would be clearer what the role of Gorefiend is in the difficulty of the tier if the lower floor was simply another building. So, it's not exactly like SoO.

Quote Originally Posted by Beoren View Post
    they still need to provide a challenging smaller raid size content (aka 10man Mythic) for their players.
    Nah, they don't need to do a thing. Don't like it? feel free to leave the game.
    Oceanic spriest, thanks blizz for giving us aus servers. 9/9 mythic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmias View Post
    Sure. Just like 7 million other players. Have fun raiding alone!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xxxDkDkxxx View Post
    players who left due to lack of raiding/unfitting size etc are just a very small bunch of those 7 million if you look at general raiding statistcs and participation. Mythic participation is still very low compared to overall players and everything else is flexible.

Deleted
    This news is seriously not important enough to have 33 pages of people whining in it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xxxDkDkxxx View Post
    I still have plenty of people to raid with mr. emo

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    I still have plenty of people to raid with mr. emo
    "still" is a very good key word in this situation

Quote Originally Posted by Simmias View Post
    curious to see how low sub numbers have to drop before this stops becoming an argument people use

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    "still" is a very good key word in this situation
    No its not. I've got an ingame guild of 10 people who all know eachother real life. We literally dont need another person on the server to keep raiding.

I dont care what you emo folks and doomsdaysayers want for wow. I'l keep raiding and playing until they stop making content

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    With all due respect, a game that's a success can make a name for itself and will be discussed at lengths in the general MMO communities.
    Then your not looking to be honest. Even this site has a Megathread for FFXIV that is active daily.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    I'm hesitant to believe it's THAT easy, but if it's even in that ballpark, it'd explain *a lot*.
    It is, Its as simple as swaping a weapon (after you do the quest you need to do that takes 5mins to unlock the class)
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    curious to see how low sub numbers have to drop before this stops becoming an argument people use
    The fact they dropped so low Blizzard refuses to announce them anymore should tell you all you need to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    The fact they dropped so low Blizzard refuses to announce them anymore should tell you all you need to know.
    He knows this, his comment was aimed at the "if you don't like it just quit!!!!" types. We know millions upon millions have.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    Except the announcement of no longer reporting subs came alongside that people can pay ingame (instead of being subbed). This makes sub numbers a lot less valuable financially to investors because people paying with gold are being covered 2-3x by those who are buying gold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Then your not looking to be honest. Even this site has a Megathread for FFXIV that is active daily.
    I ment casual conversation, not dedicated forums.

It is, Its as simple as swaping a weapon (after you do the quest you need to do that takes 5mins to unlock the class)
    Which, as said, explains a lot then; If you need grip for a boss, you just have a dude "reclass" to DK for grip, and it won't be an issue. I could see small raids working if that was the case in WoW. But with the current system, it's not really feasible.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Except the announcement of no longer reporting subs came alongside that people can pay ingame (instead of being subbed). This makes sub numbers a lot less valuable financially to investors because people paying with gold are being covered 2-3x by those who are buying gold.
    I'd imagine that inflates sub numbers, since I'd be surprised if active token subs are not counted in the figure. That's in fact why I anticipated a sub increase on token release (instead of a decrease).

- - - Updated - - -

No its not. I've got an ingame guild of 10 people who all know eachother real life. We literally dont need another person on the server to keep raiding. I dont care what you emo folks and doomsdaysayers want for wow. I'l keep raiding and playing until they stop making content
    What happens when 1 of the 10 decides to quit? Are you still going to keep raiding and playing, or are you going to have to recruit a possible non-IRL-known person?

Deleted
    No its not. I've got an ingame guild of 10 people who all know eachother real life. We literally dont need another person on the server to keep raiding.

I dont care what you emo folks and doomsdaysayers want for wow. I'l keep raiding and playing until they stop making content
    Ah, not a mythic guild then. Irrelevant..lol
    Come back when you've recruited a stable 20 man roster.

I hardly think the most competitive tier of WoW losing a great guild is a sign of anything systemic. Though obviously, yes, the game is undeniably shrinking. There's still hardly any sign of Mythic progression dying out though..

Quote Originally Posted by Stomping View Post
    ''In the end it came between going international, playing with suboptimal Finnish roster or quitting.''
    Don't see where it says 20 man mythic killed Paragon, lol.
    Finland has 5 million people in it. Finding 25 solid competent players isn't easy compared to doing the same on an international level. Finding 10 solid competent players was feasible.

As such, since the raid size is now forced to 20, their choices were playing with suboptimal players (never going to go #1), quitting or going international. They chose to quit -- and that's how raid size killed Paragon.
    Quote Originally Posted by a wiser man
    Tanking should not exist just to let healers and dps have fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coramac
    If a monk has 200k DTPS and 200k HPS in hots on him, does anyone hear when he purifies?
    WeakAura sets with Rotation Helpers: Vengeance - Brewmaster

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

Deleted
    R.I.P Best guild NA

Deleted
    RIP ParaGONE lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Garkanh View Post
    and why should we care? it doesn't matter who kills a boss first -.-' I care if my guildies and friends are able to down the boss, not if some bunch of random no-named guys i will never meet does -.-' it's so stupid...
    Of course it matters. It was, when I played, a competition between guilds and we loved it.