Poll: What is worse - racism or sexism?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

What's worse: racism or sexism?

No long introductions this time. The question is plain and simple: what do you think is worse, more harmful to the society - racism or sexism?

Discuss!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

7+ Year Old Account
    It depends on the context.

Ex: Sati
    Ex: Lynching (United States)

OT:
    As a Mudcrab, I don't have a lawn. I would appreciate it if you edited your poll to make it more inclusive.
    Last edited by Magical Mudcrab; 2016-02-25 at 08:55 PM.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Deleted
    Sexism

blacks are a minority, women aren't

... this isn't a contest, you know that right?

Asking which type of prejudice is worse is like trying to rank privilege to see which person's life is 'harder'. Leave that garbage for angst-ridden Tumblr blogs.

As a white cis male, everything I say and do is both sexist and racist. Even apologizing and flogging myself is offensive. Honestly I can't win, and there is nothing I can say or do that will be the right answer.

I am a white male, so neither concerns me.

Quote Originally Posted by vilememory View Post
    As a white cis male, everything I say and do is both sexist and racist. Even apologizing and flogging myself is offensive. Honestly I can't win, and there is nothing I can say or do that will be the right answer.
    You could try shoving it in their face? The less ashamed you are of being white, the angrier they become, anger eventually leads to aneurysms... So hopefully that will work out for us.
    You're not to think you are anything special. You're not to think you are as good as we are. You're not to think you are smarter than we are. You're not to convince yourself that you are better than we are. You're not to think you know more than we do. You're not to think you are more important than we are. You're not to think you are good at anything. You're not to laugh at us. You're not to think anyone cares about you. You're not to think you can teach us anything.

Deleted
    neither

both are "3rd world problems" and are seen as real problems by only feminists and swj's on the internet.

we are all racist at some level
    and we are all sexist towards other gender
    women are not oppressed in modern world you wanna see oppression towards woman ? Go to any muslim country thats how real oppression looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by GrinningMan View Post
    You could try shoving it in their face? The less ashamed you are of being white, the angrier they become, anger eventually leads to aneurysms... So hopefully that will work out for us.
    Or they kill me and claim self defense, become professional victims and make a lot of money off gullible morons.

Neither. Both are meaningless husks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Racism is awful. There is no excuse for discriminating because of someone's race.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Given that they're both produced by the same type of flawed thinking and that flawed thinking is ultimately the problem, I think choosing either answer to the exclusion of the other is a wrong answer.
    This pretty much.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by vilememory View Post
    Or they kill me and claim self defense, become professional victims and make a lot of money off gullible morons.
    That sounds like fear.
    You're not to think you are anything special. You're not to think you are as good as we are. You're not to think you are smarter than we are. You're not to convince yourself that you are better than we are. You're not to think you know more than we do. You're not to think you are more important than we are. You're not to think you are good at anything. You're not to laugh at us. You're not to think anyone cares about you. You're not to think you can teach us anything.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Sexism

blacks are a minority, women aren't
    In the same stroke though, the number of people in the entire world who are ethnically different from yourself is going to be greater than the number of people who are of the opposite sex.

If you're asian, there are more non Asians out in the world. If you're white, there are more non white people, ect. But no matter your sex, the amount of people belonging to the category "not your sex" is going to be about the same.
    Last edited by GodlyBob; 2016-02-25 at 09:46 PM.

So few experiences racism compared to sexism so sexism is worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are both awful, though I'd say sexism because any society will have men and women, but not necessary different ethnic groups.

Goddammit I misclicked in the poll.
    Last edited by Cerilis; 2016-02-25 at 09:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GodlyBob View Post
    In the same stroke though, the number of people in the entire world who are ethnically different from yourself is going to be greater than the number of people who ate of the opposite sex.
    I hope so, otherwise it would be very bad for us to live among cannibals who eat the opposite sex.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Given that they're both produced by the same type of flawed thinking and that flawed thinking is ultimately the problem, I think choosing either answer to the exclusion of the other is a wrong answer.
    This is pretty much my opinion as well, in general. In specific cases, there probably can be a definitive answer. I'd say, in Iran sexism is much more harmful to its victims than racism, since the very society is built in such a way that genders have strongly separated roles, while races matter mostly on a case-by-case basis. While in the US, I would say racism is more harmful. In general though, yes, both are the types of the same kind of prejudiced thinking.

---

Hmm, why does everyone want me so bad to get off their lawns?
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    This is pretty much my opinion as well, in general. In specific cases, there probably can be a definitive answer. I'd say, in Iran sexism is much more harmful to its victims than racism, since the very society is built in such a way that genders have strongly separated roles, while races matter mostly on a case-by-case basis. While in the US, I would say racism is more harmful. In general though, yes, both are the types of the same kind of prejudiced thinking.

---

Hmm, why does everyone want me so bad to get off their lawns?
    Because you're playing "What's worse" with a set of terms warped into parodies of themselves by labeling everything in sight one of those terms.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by De thuong View Post
    I hope so, otherwise it would be very bad for us to live among cannibals who eat the opposite sex.
    'Dat phone correct.