Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

SJW or Scientologists?

Whenever I see any reports or videos about SJWs protesting, no-platforming speakers or demanding safe spaces on university campuses or 'activists' on Twitter trying to gentrify the space and smearing and attacking people who disagree with them (or other websites) or see yet another patreon formed on the back of abuse or hear sensationalised reports about how misogynists forced a woman to go into hiding, see more attacks on video-games that resemble the religious right from the late 90's or see nonsense about *feminist code or just witness the full extent and safe-space bunker that is the SRS network on Reddit - I don't think feminist, I don't think feminazi (a rather lazy and inaccurate term) or even femistasi but I ultimately think Scientologist.

I think the mid to late 2000's internet backlash against Scientology was justified, objection continues to be justified and I think many of the issues that are obvious within Scientology are extant in many aspects of contemporary Feminism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8zdl7gSsrI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77BZLJZaMpc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1S3yMzEee18

*The above is a satire.Albeit I did actually find a webpage (found it now) some time ago that specifically stated that programming language is problematic. In fact if you google "programming code sexist" you'll find a collection of articles decrying the language in it.
    Last edited by mmoce69e574eb3; 2016-02-26 at 06:19 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Both are similar to cults and suffer from a lack of rational and logical thinking. I would guess there are a lot more SJWs than scientologists though.
    Last edited by PC2; 2016-02-26 at 04:45 AM.

SJW's are far more insidious than Scientologists. Scientology is a religion. You have to go through a whole joining process. SJWs range from professionals, to volunteers to wanabees to the morons who spam your facebook.

Or let me put it this way. I never, ever saw an absurd 12 foot tall Scientology banner go up in the middle of town on the Unitarian church. However a Black Lives Matter banner that went up recently and is defacing my otherwise gorgeous New England town. My town has like 3 black people in it and isn't a political town at all. It's total a total band wagon.

SJW's day is coming.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Scientology is a religion.
    Well, no. It's not actually. Except perhaps on paper. It's not a religion to the people who join it. It's more of a "self-help" thing, with a lot of therapy exercises and so on. And you keep paying for them. Until, of course, you reach a high enough level, and only then you're told of Xenu and all that bullshit, by which point you've spent hundreds of thousands or millions, and you're trapped in the cult, so even though you realize it's absolutely ridiculous bullshit, you can't really leave.

Watch Going Clear. It will explain a lot.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4257858/

Here it is on Youtube, the whole thing apparently:

Watch while you still can.

You're all too concerned with these conspiracy theories about some cult, "Social Justice Warriors", it's fucking ridiculous really. Grow up.

Scientology is far worse. SJWs are either fanatical people trying to make the world a better place by using the worst methods possible or scam artists who know how to play the field.

Scientology though? They've figured out how to get away with murder and never even be investiagted. If you think SJWs are bad, never get on the wrong side of Scientology. If you want proof, go watch the South Park episode of about them. Notice how the credits, every name is either Jane or John Doe. If you get on the wrong side of them they will sue you, investigate every second of your life to try and blackmail you, and maybe even kill you. The police will notice you have 9 bullets in your head and write it off as a suicide.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It seems like many Scientologists are still "somewhat" useful to society. So I guess that have that over the Sjw's

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Biotec View Post
    Scientology is far worse. SJWs are either fanatical people trying to make the world a better place by using the worst methods possible or scam artists who know how to play the field.

Scientology though? They've figured out how to get away with murder and never even be investiagted. If you think SJWs are bad, never get on the wrong side of Scientology. If you want proof, go watch the South Park episode of about them. Notice how the credits, every name is either Jane or John Doe. If you get on the wrong side of them they will sue you, investigate every second of your life to try and blackmail you, and maybe even kill you. The police will notice to have 9 bullets in your head and write it off as a suicide.
    I know about Scientology. That's why I made the comparison.

10+ Year Old Account
    SJW's are far more insidious than Scientologists. Scientology is a religion. You have to go through a whole joining process. SJWs range from professionals, to volunteers to wanabees to the morons who spam your facebook.

Or let me put it this way. I never, ever saw an absurd 12 foot tall Scientology banner go up in the middle of town on the Unitarian church. However a Black Lives Matter banner that went up recently and is defacing my otherwise gorgeous New England town. My town has like 3 black people in it and isn't a political town at all. It's total a total band wagon.

SJW's day is coming.
    This is basically a reflection of my experiences as well.

Funny I see more "anti-sjw" soap box then actual "sjw" on a soap box,

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skavau View Post
    I know about Scientology. That's why I made the comparison.
    I think you might be surprised about things. Watch the video I embedded above. Not South Park BS but actual ex-scientologists, some celebrities and so on, explaining exactly what it is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    I think you might be surprised about things. Watch the video I embedded above. Not South Park BS but actual ex-scientologists, some celebrities and so on, explaining exactly what it is.
    I've watched Going Clear. I've also seen almost everything Mark Bunker & Bob Minton put out against Scientology.

Well, no. It's not actually. Except perhaps on paper. It's not a religion to the people who join it. It's more of a "self-help" thing, with a lot of therapy exercises and so on. And you keep paying for them. Until, of course, you reach a high enough level, and only then you're told of Xenu and all that bullshit, by which point you've spent hundreds of thousands or millions, and you're trapped in the cult, so even though you realize it's absolutely ridiculous bullshit, you can't really leave.

Watch Going Clear. It will explain a lot.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4257858/

Here it is on Youtube, the whole thing apparently:

Watch while you still can.
    Well scientology is actually a gigantic con / pyramid scheme / extortion racket. But it calls itself a religion.

I frankly don't really care that John Travolta, Will Smith and Tom Cruise's side hobby of boning their male on set assistants over the years made them an object of extortion. I never really understood why Scientology bothers people so much. If actors get suckered in, who cares.

Deleted
    Well scientology is actually a gigantic con / pyramid scheme / extortion racket. But it calls itself a religion.

I frankly don't really care that John Travolta, Will Smith and Tom Cruise's side hobby of boning their male on set assistants over the years made them an object of extortion. I never really understood why Scientology bothers people so much. If actors get suckered in, who cares.
    Scientology hurts regular members far more than it hurts Travolta and Cruise. Going Clear tells you more than just what Travolta and Cruise got up to. They also target and harass known critics of Scientology.

Deleted
    But it's not just actors.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    This is basically a reflection of my experiences as well.
    I basically barely cared about the whole SWJ thing until that sign went up.

Now I want to send a thank you note to the 23 year old who replaced Black Lives Matters with "All Lives Matters" on a similar display a few towns over. Guy is a patriot.

Of course, being me, I'd replace it with "No Lives Matter", which you think would be fitting for a church that is Unitarian Universalists.

Scientologists are creepy, idiotic, and litigious. They're awful. Their notions are science fiction and their actions are poison. They're also irrelevant. The social justice movements are much more dangerous to the maintenance civilized societies.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Scientologists are creepy, idiotic, and litigious. They're awful. Their notions are science fiction and their actions are poison. They're also irrelevant. The social justice movements are much more dangerous to the maintenance civilized societies.
    Well on paper, Scientologists are certainly more dangerous but they have much less influence and support.

But it's not just actors.
    It's still what? 10,000 people in the whole world?

It's hard to care about a rounding error.

Deleted
    It's still what? 10,000 people in the whole world?

It's hard to care about a rounding error.
    You're just 1 person. Why would anyone care about you, then?

The point being, I'm sure even you have at least one person in your life who cares about you. So do those 10000.