Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Why is that man pulling his pants down? Is he trying to get the viewer to engage in homosexual activity?

Deleted
    (In literature and movies) As long as it don't change or interfere with the original story and/or narrative, then it's fine but won't mean anything.

(In the real world, such as jobs, politics and universities etc) Again, it simply dosn't matter. A university could be 100% black or asian or white or whatever, and it would mean fuck all. Same goes for politics and jobs.

The only people who think it matters, are people who think they are being suppressed by the majority. In some places of the world, like the middle east, this is definitly true if you are a woman or gay or something other than a muslim.

However in the west, where equality is a universally agreed upon and enforced value, the only people who think they are opressed by the majority (white people) are A) racists, since they think all white people or even just a majority opress them, which is utter lunacy and incredibly generalizing.

And B) sexists, who think that men are opressing women (which again, is utter lunacy and incredibly generalizing).

Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    Why is that man pulling his pants down? Is he trying to get the viewer to engage in homosexual activity?
    OH you're confused which I understand. He isn't "pulling them down." He is just to god damn fucking lazy to pull them all the way up when he puts them on.

It's nice. In a context where it hurts absolutely no one, such as the pictured cartoon, it's a nice thing to do. The USA is a really diverse country and having representations of that diversity here and there is a nice way to make kids represented. It's also accurate - if you're portraying a school in California, the rich, snobby, cheerleader archetype really is pretty likely to be an Asian-American girl.

Man, I really want a Bape Belt now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    It's nice. In a context where it hurts absolutely no one, such as the pictured cartoon, it's a nice thing to do. The USA is a really diverse country and having representations of that diversity here and there is a nice way to make kids represented. It's also accurate - if you're portraying a school in California, the rich, snobby, cheerleader archetype really is pretty likely to be an Asian-American girl.
    Yet in most California teen shows, most cheerleaders are portrayed as white.

Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post
    Everything that doesn't support the following picture.
    Soooo the white people I know that like Weezy are of another ethnicity? I'm confused.

Quote Originally Posted by G3 Ghost View Post
    Soooo the white people I know that like Weezy are of another ethnicity? I'm confused.
    Ethnicity isn't the same as culture. The question was "what is white culture?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blomster View Post
    Western culture isn't homogenous.
    The vast majority of the western canon (both music and literature) is created by white men.

Here is a list you can check for your self:

http://www.openculture.com/2014/01/h...ern-canon.html

Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post
    Ethnicity isn't the same as culture. The question was "what is white culture?"
    Ah. So you're not being a terrible human being. Gotcha. Just misunderstood.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pts99 View Post
    The vast majority of the western canon (both music and literature) is created by white men.

Here is a list you can check for your self:

http://www.openculture.com/2014/01/h...ern-canon.html
    I don't see what this has to do with the fact that western culture isn't homogeneous, there is no "white culture". Swedish culture is very different from french culture.

Quote Originally Posted by G3 Ghost View Post
    Ah. So you're not being a terrible human being. Gotcha. Just misunderstood.
    I was being sarcastic, correct. Though, I do believe many would support the assertion.

I don't see what this has to do with the fact that western culture isn't homogeneous, there is no "white culture". Swedish culture is very different from french culture.
    I'd agree with this. The notion of some unifying pan-white culture doesn't seem to have any particular factual basis, but is just a white supremacist wet dream.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I'd agree with this. The notion of some unifying pan-white culture doesn't seem to have any particular factual basis, but is just a white supremacist wet dream.
    Yeah, idk where people get that idea from. When I was in italy it was very apparent to me, even as a tourist, that the culture is different. Nice to visit, wouldn't want to live there. :l Have had people say it's no different than here, which is just laughable if they've spent some time in both countries.
    Last edited by mmocfb6c003936; 2016-02-26 at 01:34 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    he looks gay

Quote Originally Posted by WarpKnight View Post
    because two wrongs always make a right
    It's not wrong, if it's right. And if all the others have to "go back", so should everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    It's not wrong, if it's right. And if all the others have to "go back", so should everyone.
    Your people? So you are going to tell me you are 100% Indian living on a reservation?

Yeah, idk where people get that idea from. When I was in italy it was very apparent to me, even as a tourist, that the culture is different. Nice to visit, wouldn't want to live there. :l Have had people say it's no different than here, which is just laughable if they've spent some time in both countries.
    Hah, I remember our tour guide telling us about Dialects during my trip to Italy. You think America has it bad with its Texan vs Boston Vs California accents / dialects? Imagine a country not much bigger than Florida, where there is such a change in dialect that people living in the north end almost literally can't understand people living in the south end, even considering that they are all nominally speaking Italian.....

Deleted
    Diversity of what?

If you mean diversity of different cultures, there's nothing really positive about it, just an extra source of conflict that needs to be managed by the state and that often translates into increased policing costs (sometimes counter-terrorism costs if not the complete collapse of the country in extreme cases like Yugoslavia, which I will get to below).

Look at Ukraine. Ukraine is not a monoculture and Putin is exploiting the existence of a Russian population within Ukraine to assert his influence on Ukraine. (i.e. invading it)
    Look at Yugoslavia. Several different ethnicities that were forced to live together under communism (which isn't all that different from SJW ideology, both have the same rotten roots) and broke up because they didn't get along on a collective level.
    Look at Sudan. Broke in two.
    Look at Iraq (Shia vs. Sunni vs. Sunni Kurds) - place is a mess with badly drawn border lines that didn't take into account "diversity".
    Hell, look at Romania even (Hungarians vs. Romanians vs. Romas), Hungarians and Romanians are both white btw (and Hungary and Romania both in EU) and there's STILL some amount of tension over some stupid territorial autonomy.

And don't get me wrong, I'm all for tolerance, on an individual level I personally don't care what your culture is, but please don't insult my intelligence and tell me that diversity is actually good for society, is a MUST, something that every country should strive towards and they should go out of their way to be multicultural. A common dominant culture is what makes a country strong, not mashing up different cultures with often different interests.

The reason why the US is a bit different is because people actually adopt a wider American identity. It's a melting pot, not a multicultural society, although the left is trying to undo that too so watch out America.
    Last edited by mmoc8a3727531d; 2016-02-26 at 01:53 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Hah, I remember our tour guide telling us about Dialects during my trip to Italy. You think America has it bad with its Texan vs Boston Vs California accents / dialects? Imagine a country not much bigger than Florida, where there is such a change in dialect that people living in the north end almost literally can't understand people living in the south end, even considering that they are all nominally speaking Italian.....
    Uh, it's worse here. You can have a hard time understanding someone in the region next to yours. I can't, even if my life depended on it, understand listerländska.