Page 1 of 35
... LastLast

Please stop trying to take away Mythic Raiding

Why does the casual player base which i realize is the vast majority want to take away Mythic raiding? I have seen so many posts recently about removing or making mythic more accessible, I really can't understand why you think it affects you so much. Give the LFR/Normal mode crowd whatever type of "raiding" experience they want, it could be watching a cut scene of a boss dying and then getting free epics for all I care. Just please stop trying to suggest the removal of Mythic for those of us that do care about it, it really is not hurting the casual player base to let mythic raiders do their thing. For the most part I don't think most progression raiders are trying to take away your LFR or Normal mode raiding, I know some are but I believe they are the vocal minority here.

The biggest argument I see is that only mythic raiders get the best gear and in today's world everyone thinks they deserve the best even if they don't put in the time and effort for it, this is the way of the world these days and I understand that. If it really is just jealousy over gear then let casuals have ilvl 10,000 gear for use in the open world/lower difficulty raids that can one shot every single mob just make it so it doesn't work in competitive end game raiding. I think this is part of their goal with the new legendarys in Legion which blizz has said will either be turned off or limited to 1 item during the initial progression race. The only reason mythic has to have the best gear now is so that the content is the most challenging and allows for a flow of progression within a tier as you obtain more gear to down later bosses. I think that most of the people that raid mythic are in it for the challenge and sense of accomplishment when you finally clear a raid tier. So let us have our progression race and the relevant gear to compete in that progression race in the usual manner and everyone else can have whatever type of gear that will make the casual side of the game most appealing to them, it can be way better than our mythic gear in open world/trivial content I don't care about that.

Blizzard has shown that they do listen to customer feedback to some extent and if enough people complain about Mythic raiding it could eventually be removed. I humbly ask you to please stop complaining about a raid difficulty that you don't participate in and leave those of us that do in peace to continue enjoying the game the way that we do, and in turn Mythic raiders should allow the casual player base to provide feedback to Blizzard and shape the future of the rest of the game as they see fit. Basically let us do our thing the way we have grown accustomed to and you guys can do your thing however you and blizzard decide is best for everyone...

10+ Year Old Account
    I sincerely doubt the vast majority of casual gamers are complaining about mythic raiding being a thing.

The issue is that 'hardcore' raiders are sucking up a huge amount of development resources at the expense of the rest of the game despite representing only a fraction of the total player base - to say nothing of the fact that they continually bitch about LFR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VarianceWoW View Post
    just jealousy
    Not everyone that complains about mythic raiding has this, but most do. It's a common place to try to put the faults of something in things you hate. It's standard, specially in the real world, that people tend to try to take away the achievements of others because they themselves can't achieve it. It's easy to find comrades in the hate towards mythic since the vast majority of players don't do it.

Add this to the fact that people made themselves believe that Mythic raiding actually takes lots of resources away, when it doesn't really. Tuning for mythic difficulty usually comes after the creation and tuning of Heroic difficulty.
    Armor sets are only slightly different from the already normal and heroic modes with some small animations. Increasing the aesthetic reward of mythic is important in an era where having bigger numbers outside of the raid scene is useless as a reward.
    Last edited by Allenseiei; 2016-02-26 at 06:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have been very vocal about the changes i wanted to see, but i have never wanted the removal of Mythic Raiding, hell i love to raid occasionally and always have, not at that level mind you. I have always just thought that Mythic raiding and raiding in general should be a side game, like PvP as opposed to the main focus of the game, but should still keep its individuality for those competitive players. Only raiders i had a problem with were ones who are not world first but like to act like their opinion holds more weight than anyone elses.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    I sincerely doubt the vast majority of casual gamers are complaining about mythic raiding being a thing.

The issue is that 'hardcore' raiders are sucking up a huge amount of development resources at the expense of the rest of the game despite representing only a fraction of the total player base - to say nothing of the fact that they continually bitch about LFR.
    How is mythic raiding taking up a huge part of the dev resources, mythic bosses are pretty much the same bosses as normal just with a couple extra mechanics, more hp and more dmg wow so much resources right?

I understand your point about the development resources and I will have to try to find the quote but blizzard has said it only takes 1-2 additional weeks for their development team to design and add abilities to mythic difficulty encounters. They already spend the vast majority of their development time on non raid content like open world zones, dungeons or game system improvements. I really don't think adding a few weeks to development to appease the "hardcore" contingent is too much to ask as we pay our $15 a month just like everyone else. As far as the continual bitching about LFR I agree that is a problem but like I said I believe that is mostly a vocal minority of mythic raiders. Most everyone I talk to just kind of laughs off LFR as it doesn't really have any meaningful impact on the way that we play the game. The LFR bashing from the "hardcore" contingent needs to stop, it doesn't accomplish anything and there is absolutely no reason that anyone who raids on a hardcore level should even care that it exists.

The issue is that 'hardcore' raiders are sucking up a huge amount of development resources at the expense of the rest of the game despite representing only a fraction of the total player base
    This is the vibe I've been getting as well. I'd imagine only a few silly people want to see Mythic "removed", but many would like to see raiding given less attention and development time than it's gotten in the past. I absolutely want there to be challenging high-end content in the game, for raiders, dungeoneers, and solo players alike. I do not want niche activities to take away from the broader content of the game, however.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think I've heard this complaint...like at all.

Most of the time people aren't complaining about Mythic Raiding, they are complaining about the fact that Blizzard has seemingly forgotten how to do anything but create raiding content.
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

Quote Originally Posted by AssasinxXx View Post
    I have been very vocal about the changes i wanted to see, but i have never wanted the removal of Mythic Raiding, hell i love to raid occasionally and always have, not at that level mind you. I have always just thought that Mythic raiding and raiding in general should be a side game, like PvP as opposed to the main focus of the game, but should still keep its individuality for those competitive players. Only raiders i had a problem with were ones who are not world first but like to act like their opinion holds more weight than anyone elses.
    I agree with you on this, I don't care if raiding is the focus of the game or not just let us have it in the capacity that it already exists. If they want to add more main story stuff outside of raiding and make raiding a side game like you said that is fine just don't water down the raid content difficulty that we have to appease the masses. It's not hurting anyone for it to exists and better/different other content is not hurting Mythic raiders in any way either. There is plenty of room for many different game experiences to be delivered in WoW and we as a community need to stop hating on the things that we don't participate in inside the game for no real reason.

10+ Year Old Account

No they really aren't, just like in LFR it has the same art and just tuned to a different difficulty, stop blaming raiders for every damn thing.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why does the casual player base which i realize is the vast majority want to take away Mythic raiding?
    I do not think that most casual players want to take away mythic raiding. However, the problem is that Blizzard designs all PVE endgame around raiding to appeal to the Mythic raiding crowd. If Blizzard wasn't forcing everyone into raids (which costs a crapton of money to develop), raids would dwindle into 3-4 boss instances, which would piss off some of the "opinion leaders" in the Mythic raiding community, which is something Blizzard wants to avoid.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    No they really aren't, just like in LFR it has the same art and just tuned to a different difficulty, stop blaming raiders for every damn thing.
    When they stop costing the rest of us actual world content, sure!
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarocket View Post
    I don't think I've heard this complaint...like at all.

Most of the time people aren't complaining about Mythic Raiding, they are complaining about the fact that Blizzard has seemingly forgotten how to do anything but create raiding content.
    Well they are usually disguised as threads about consolidating difficulties or removing difficulties in raiding because we have "too many". They don't usually outright call for the removal of mythic but by arguing for going back to 1 or 2 raid difficulties they are in essence doing just that, the 4 difficulties we have now exist to appeal to the many different demographics that play the game which allows blizzard to provide the hardcore contingent with a challenging raid experience that we want while still make the content accessible to everyone.

When they stop costing the rest of us actual world content, sure!
    There is absolutely no proof that it takes away from world content. They have done great raids in the past with great world content. The problem is Blizzard failing at world content, not that raids are taking away from it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raone View Post
    There is absolutely no proof that it takes away from world content.
    "We could do X, but it would cost a raid tier". From the horse's mouth.

People don't want any challenge this days, they don't want to work for something they just want rewards. And that's not just wow its most online games that are getting downgraded/simplified so imbeciles can complete 100% what game has to offer.
    I just hope blizzard wont bend over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well they are usually disguised as threads about consolidating difficulties or removing difficulties in raiding because we have "too many". They don't usually outright call for the removal of mythic but by arguing for going back to 1 or 2 raid difficulties they are in essence doing just that, the 4 difficulties we have now exist to appeal to the many different demographics that play the game which allows blizzard to provide the hardcore contingent with a challenging raid experience that we want while still make the content accessible to everyone.
    And said 'many different demographics' seem to constitute a minority of the total player base. Most people will never see past normal if that.

15+ Year Old Account
    I see a lot less "casual" players demanding the removal of Mythic than "hardcore" players demanding the removal of LFR.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by morthi View Post
    People don't want any challenge this days, they don't want to work for something they just want rewards.
    God forbid people want to have fun on a game.

WoW is not a career and should not be treated as such.

I think the whole "remove mythic raiding"-thing is a sarcastic reaction to all the raiders whinging on about LfR, how it kills kittens, makes baby Jesus cry, curdles milk, ruins WoW and pours icy water on their e-peens, and the incessant posting of new threads that use many wordings and all come down to "remove LfR, i feel less special now it's there!"

I sincerely doubt many LfR-players seriously proposed removing mythic, it's either sarcasm or "for the work that tuning a difficulty level takes (most work goes into models and building the scenery), remove the less used one!", which is also sarcastic, come to think of it...