Rumor has it BF5 is set in WW1.

Could it be we are done with the fucking Modern and near future fade? About fucking time, its worse then when we were stuck in WW2 shooters, infact at this point i miss WW2. Actually i kinda want this rumor to be true, WW1 tanks and plane fights would be fucking sweet and so different from all you see nowdays.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2016/02/2...ng-to-retailer
    Last edited by minteK917; 2016-02-26 at 06:49 PM.

According to?...

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, I'd prefer another BF Vietnam if anything, WW1 could be interesting though.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

If true I'm definitely interested with what they will do with customization. I was hoping more of a 2142 successor, but lately between COD ruining futuristic stuff for me I have been dreaming of what it would be like if DICE created their version of Chivalry. That would have more customization options than WW1 would have.

Also about customization, I'm fine with it being more limited, I just don't know how the majority would take that though, one problem with massive customization options is balance which is what I dislike about the current customization form.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is not many games in WW1. Battlefield 5 could be really nice in that time and something new.

But after SW:B from DICE, i lost faith.

The question is how would they frame the scenario for a WW1 based BF game? The actions leading up to the major trench warfare still had a lot more rudimentary tech involved, so that would be boring in a game setting. Yes, later in the war when combined arms was developed/used they were able to break the stalemate, but still at incredibly high loss of life.

It would have to be set in other theaters such as the middle east or africa IMHO. Those areas didn't see the same kind of bogdown as France/Germany.
    (Although I suppose they could use artistic license and make the trench warfare not nearly as suicidally lethal to move around.)

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Need a new Vietnam.

or Bad Company 3.

Or Bad Company 3 with Vietnam DLC.

I AIN'T NO FORTUNATE SON!