Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How to lose your money with gold naval missions (a caveat)

Do not receive the reward while gold capped. It will not go to the mail like other rewards in the game. It will go to the nether. A GM will not be able to help because they do not track that information precisely.

Or just don't get gold capped on your character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whats the gold cap ?

Deleted
    how to troll somoen trade him 999999g99s99c he wont get it if he has more than 1 copper

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    Or just don't get gold capped on your character.
    this clearly......

I've always wondered this, do people actually walk around with close to or gold cap on their toons?
    I funnel the vast majority to guild banks for fear of accidents.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberie View Post
    I've always wondered this, do people actually walk around with close to or gold cap on their toons?
    I funnel the vast majority to guild banks for fear of accidents.
    Wealthy players don't. WoD brought a lot of new money gold cappers to the table.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Back in the day 10g was a lot to have.... Oh wait that's me now!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    Wealthy players don't. WoD brought a lot of new money gold cappers to the table.
    I had been gold capped before, for a few expansions now.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I keep around 900k on every one of my major toons. There's never really an instance where you'll find 100k out of nowhere. Plus it makes it easier to track how much gold that toon specifically made
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I always wonder where you guys get your data from and what counts as "a lot" for you.

See..I always try to dig up at least SOME info: http://strawpoll.me/4433851/r - half the people only have between 25k and 250k. 3% are 2.5 million and more ( I fall among those. Barely)

Link your numbers?
    You're living under a rock if you haven't noticed WoD has brought an enormous flood of gold to the economy of each server. You can dedicate 10 min a day to logging in to each of your toons to complete gold missions and easily make hundreds of thousands per month.
    It's plain common sense that more and more people are getting gold capped.

Yeah that poll was first posted 9 months ago. 9 months of WoD should change the numbers.

I always wonder where you guys get your data from and what counts as "a lot" for you.

See..I always try to dig up at least SOME info: http://strawpoll.me/4433851/r - half the people only have between 25k and 250k. 3% are 2.5 million and more ( I fall among those. Barely)

Link your numbers?
    Quote Originally Posted by xfreeder View Post
    Yeah that poll was first posted 9 months ago. 9 months of WoD should change the numbers.
    Would be good to see that poll done again now for sure.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabberie View Post
    Would be good to see that poll done again now for sure.
    I would too. I made millions just logging into garrisons everyday when I still actively played on a few toons. That was literally all it took. I imagine most casuals have close to if not over a million gold if they played the majority of the expansion and maximised at least one garrison.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

I'm sure that 500g would break my heart when I have gold cap :P

Seriously though, mule some of it. Or like, spend it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by xfreeder View Post
    Also, even in that poll 7% have more than a gold-cap, which is definitely "a lot".

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I'm sure that 500g would break my heart when I have gold cap :P

Seriously though, mule some of it. Or like, spend it.
    take care of the pennies and the pounds will take care of themselves

Quote Originally Posted by Thepresident View Post
    how to troll somoen trade him 999999g99s99c he wont get it if he has more than 1 copper
    Try it and send results.

Also, cool fuckin story. Tell it again

That is a world first problem if I ever heard of one. Blizzard better throw all resources on solving it.

- - - Updated - - -

Link your numbers?
    Quote Originally Posted by barial View Post
    You're living under a rock if you haven't noticed WoD has brought an enormous flood of gold to the economy of each server. You can dedicate 10 min a day to logging in to each of your toons to complete gold missions and easily make hundreds of thousands per month.
    It's plain common sense that more and more people are getting gold capped.
    I was actually just making a joke about old money vs. new money, but barial is spot on. Do I really need the results of a poll to tell me that garrisons have increased the amount of gold-capped players? Anecdotally I log on maybe 2-3 times PER WEEK and I am up to 750,000 gold simply from missions and prof buildings quests. No shuffle, no AH baron, nothing else.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!