Thread: Layers of Fear

10+ Year Old Account

Layers of Fear

Who played Layers of Fear? What did you think of it? I found it on Steam and tried it out. It's super quick and I finished it in a single afternoon.

The brooding, psychopathic artist is definitely an overused, centuries-old trope, but it was executed very well in this "game". I hesitate to call it a game because in reality it's a linear, interactive narrative with virtually no mechanics beyond some simple puzzles. There is no death, no real inventory, no notes to keep track of.

The environments are stunning, though, and the ease with which things change around at a moment's notice and the expert level of attention paid to how will you react (including anticipating those reactions for further scares) was definitely a touch not found in a lot of horror games today.

Let me know what you thought of it!

It lacks actual scary things. The visual are nice thought.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just looked like generic Youtube fodder to me, designed to make millennials scream for the entertainment of children... but maybe I'm a tad cynical.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post
    Just looked like generic Youtube fodder to me, designed to make millennials scream for the entertainment of children... but maybe I'm a tad cynical.
    In the four hours I played I probably only jumped 3 or 4 times. Most of the time it was a "okay, what's next, let's keep this moving".