Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiral Mage View Post
    Like everyone else said, about damn time. He's an awesome actor.

Read about his thoughts on global warming before, kinda surprised he brought it up that openly but good for him for doing it.
    Surprised that an issue someone every single Academy Awards brings up was brought up? lol Hell, he wasn't even the first one. That one chick that won for makeup I believe did.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by victork8 View Post
    I think it's fairly easy to see if someone is genuine or not.

Did you know that the best idea spreaders out there are in fact popular people, especially in front of what is probably more than 80 million people. So him believing in it or not is secondary, just being a name for environmental change and awareness is in fact a job well done.
    You mean like Michele Obama doing the #bringourgirlshome bit regarding the kidnapped women in Africa? That worked. Was retweet millions of times though.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    I don't think anyone wants to hear an actor's solution to climate change, but the very least an actor of his calibur and popularity can do is spread awareness about it. Which he did.

I imagine it has something to do with an actor knowing he doesn't have the technical skill the scientific professionals at the top of their field have, but knowing he is also a voice and a face.

Honestly though, grasping at straws. Grats to Leo.
    Yeah I'm sure spreading simplistic angst about an economically and scientifically complex problem is going to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    Surprised that an issue someone every single Academy Awards brings up was brought up? lol Hell, he wasn't even the first one. That one chick that won for makeup I believe did.

- - - Updated - - -

You mean like Michele Obama doing the #bringourgirlshome bit regarding the kidnapped women in Africa? That worked. Was retweet millions of times though.
    Didnt even know about that so. I guess it's message have not been heard here, she's not a particularly great "pillar of popularity" outside of the US. Leo on the other hand reaches much further. He didnt have to say anything on climate change, but he did and i think it's great that these actors take their status to raise awareness.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Yeah I'm sure spreading simplistic angst about an economically and scientifically complex problem is going to help.
    What is there to fucking argue about really? Are you angry he said anything about it. Geez.

Deleted
    You'd rather be ignorant and comfortable in that ignorance, blaming society for it's shortcomings.

At least you fought the good battle on the fields of the Forums. (Also, i'll spell it out for you, This sentance here - This one on this line? Sarcasm. NOTE: SARCASM.)

OT: Well, he is a god damn madman when it comes to acting, so, yeah, big grats.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PvPHeroLulz View Post
    You'd rather be ignorant and comfortable in that ignorance, blaming society for it's shortcomings.

At least you fought the good battle on the fields of the Forums. (Also, i'll spell it out for you, This sentance here - This one on this line? Sarcasm. NOTE: SARCASM.)

OT: Well, he is a god damn madman when it comes to acting, so, yeah, big grats.
    Ignorance? Just many people do you think are learning about climate change from Leonardo DeCaprio?

Deleted
    Ignorance? Just many people do you think are learning about climate change from Leonardo Decaprio?
    If the effect is greater than 0, i'd say he did something at least. And if the price of that is the slight stingy feeling of discomfort, then it's worth it.

What other state would cause you to feel discomfort about it being spoken about, other than ignorance? We can call it "Willfully Spending Your Time on "better things"" if that makes you feel less "angsty".

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Honestly, it is about fucking time. Guy nails role after role, should have more than one by now IMO.
    Could not agree more. Definitely way past time.

Congrats to him.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PvPHeroLulz View Post
    If the effect is greater than 0, i'd say he did something at least. And if the price of that is the slight stingy feeling of discomfort, then it's worth it.

What other state would cause you to feel discomfort about it being spoken about, other than ignorance? We can call it "Willfully Spending Your Time on "better things"" if that makes you feel less "angsty".
    It's about the nature of how information is disseminated. For example, a science communicator could explain the issue in a meaningful way without appealing to fear.

Deleted
    It's about the nature of how information is disseminated. For example, a science communicator could explain the issue in a meaningful way without appealing to fear.
    While true, DiCaprio still holds an immensely huge popularity figure - It's better that he speaks of it, rather than that he does not.

15+ Year Old Account
    Long overdue, hes yet again brilliant in The revenant even though the movie was meh at best.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by robomatticus View Post
    Exactly. Felt the same about Mad Max. Everyone was so highly praising it when it was really meh.
    So you thought both the Revenant and Mad Max were meh?

Boy, I bet you are fun to watch movies with.

He actually wrote the climate change bit for his planned speech when he was nominated the first time but people still don't give many shits after all these years so it is still timely.

Quote Originally Posted by turboether View Post
    He actually wrote the climate change bit for his planned speech when he was nominated the first time but people still don't give many shits after all these years so it is still timely.
    People should give far more shits because things are starting to get scary.

15+ Year Old Account
    Finally! Grats Leo!
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    I liked the Revenant but it wasnt Leo's best movie (the departed) or performance (inception) IMO
    For me his best movie was Blood Diamond and performance, The Wolf of Wall Street. So he's been snubbed quite a few times.

Deleted
    I looked at the list with the competition he had and I would say he had it easier this time than last few times he was nominated.

He shouldve gotten it for Wolf of Wall Street imo.

The Revenant explains a little about US gun culture.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Finally, something he should have gotten along time ago imo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Renedric View Post
    Well for those of you who could not watch the Oscars. Here's what we've all been waiting for. As my friend put it, "Well, there goes half of the internet's memes." Lol.

Star Movies HD? I had that channel in Pakistan, was the uploader of this from India?!

Quote Originally Posted by robomatticus View Post
    Grats to him, but the Revenant was still supremely overrated.
    I've also hearded from several people, that it was really overhyped.

I find it fun, I had not heard a word about this movie, til I saw a gif shared on imgur. The scene looked so pretty, so I picked it up and watched the movie.. it was fucking great, so beautiful..

Altho, my parents both fell asleep doing the movie, briefly, but still.

But good for Leo, he is a such great actor. Tho, I kinda assumed he had been nominated more, only 5 times previously, and two was for wall street in 2014.
    Are it really so unusual to get 3 nominations and still not have won, or why did this lame meme with leo start.
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon