Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    I stayed up until 6 AM just to catch this live. There's a lot of strong words but the standing ovations and his final line had me deeply touched.

The Revenant is IMO one of the best films released this decade. Thus I think it deserved the best motion picture award as well, but the competition was insane. I'm glad at least the most important people involved in the movie got their awards. Was hoping for Hardy as well, but I don't think I've ever hated a character as much as his so I'm fine with him not being awarded for it lol (he'll get an oscar eventually, I'm sure).

With that said I'll probaby pass on the Oscars next year. The political messages got overhand with the speeches, Gaga's performance and bringing on Joe Biden. As with sports, entertainment people should stay away from politics. Also there's always too many bullshit nominees/winners for me to digest.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Excellent in The Aviator.
    This one is my favorite DiCaprio performance. His Howard Hughes was excellent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Wolf of Wall Street was awesome. Maybe my favorite movie of 2013.
    He first impressed me as a proper good actor in The Beach.
    He was good in Catch Me If You Can.
    Fantastic in Gangs of New York, though upstaged by Daniel Day Lewis.
    Excellent in The Aviator.

He's got a whole series of awesome movie credits to his name.
    The Basketball diaries (the streets of New York) is one of his best

Deleted
    He deserves an oscar just not for that role. Tom Hardy was a lot better in it and didn't spend half the film lying down... This year should've gone to Eddie Redmayne.

I don't like him very much as an actor. I think he really overacts in a lot of roles, sometimes he is fine I guess. He tends to be in good movies where he has nothing to do with what is good about the movie. Sort of like Natalie Portman who I consider to probably be the most overrated actress in Hollywood.

That said, I don't think that any of the best actor performances were particularly good and some were downright bad. I would have given it to Fassbender I think if I had to. Tom Hardy really got snubbed for not getting support actor, he was way better than Leo in The Revenant.

This win cost me $20. I bet a friend 10 years ago that I would win an oscar before Leo. Now I only trail by one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    He deserves an oscar just not for that role. Tom Hardy was a lot better in it and didn't spend half the film lying down... This year should've gone to Eddie Redmayne.
    Back to back academy awards for that nobody that took an oscar baited title in the Theory of Everything? That's never going happen. If anything, Benedict should've won last year. That's the academy awards for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you ask me, he deserved Oscar 19 years ago, for his performance in Titanic. And since then, he has had so many amazing roles, it is indeed surprising that he was rewarded only now.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    If you ask me, he deserved Oscar 19 years ago, for his performance in Titanic.
    His performance in Titanic was somewhat frigid. He felt like a block of ice. He kind of froze towards the end.

0 shits are given about awards to people who play make believe for a living

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    0 shits are given about awards to people who play make believe for a living
    Someone who gave no shits wouldn't even have read through this thread, let alone respond to it.