View Poll Results: Best pvp specc for lock???

Voters
10. This poll is closed
  • Aff

5 50.00%
  • Demo

1 10.00%
  • Destro

3 30.00%
  • NONE

1 10.00%
  • All

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Question ATM, what's the best lock spec for PvP?

I know, most of you are already "living" Legion.... but...
    At this moment, what is the best pvp spec for lock in your opinion?
    Comment your choice if you need to...

cheers
    Last edited by JD3K; 2016-02-29 at 03:39 PM.

I play a lot of destruction and affliction 'tank' specs

'Searing Flames' or 'Harvest Life', 'Soul Link', and GoSac can keep you alive FOREVER if you're smart about it, it's a TON of fun in randoms to watch players see you self heal like crazy, I can just see their rage hahaha

Depends on what you want to do, PvP can be many things - world PvP (actual world PvP), duels, RBGs, bgs, Ashran, 2s, 3s, 5s.

I am personally doing bgs and Ashran, and prefer destro. Back in MoP and somewhat in WoD I did RBGs too, but you'll experience a lot of pressure to play affli, which sucks when you don't like that spec.

For arena, affli seems to be the obvious choice, though you do have some destro locks at a very high rating. If I cared about arena, I think I'd play affli as well, as your enemies hump pillars so much they must have some STDs which means no embers.

It depends on what you want to do, really. I prefer destro, as my areas of interest can support that.

Demo? I want to like demo, but meh, I can't. Love demonic leap. I just feel it requires too much micro management/multitasking (I suck at this), especially with demon bolt, and I'm not really sure how it's supposed to work. Destro has the kills, affli the damage, but what does demo do? Whatever it is, I fail terribly at demo.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I'm just random queuing BGs, Destro is a lot of fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

all 3 have their place, imo destro is the least viable of the 3 overall and has very little to offer that aff and demo can't do better. Demo does however require a much higher skill level than destro does, so a lot of players favor destro due to that. aff is definitely the way to go for arenas, both demo and destro are super fun in randoms and ashran, where you can easily aoe your way to top damage (which does also help your team by helping you wipe the opposing team).

- - - Updated - - -

another thing that puts demo ahead of destro for me is dueling (obv not important at all though), the best destro locks in the world (if there even are any really good locks playing destro, probably aren't) couldn't even really do much 1v1. Demo is really solid 1v1

Deleted
    When doing random bgs for fun definitely destro. Shadowburning people and 2 shotting with chaos bolts is fun.

Now, Demo>Aff>Destro
    In Legion, Aff>Destro>Demo

However, if you go with Shadowburn build in Legion, then it's Destro>Aff>Demo

Deleted
    Affliction.

All 3 specs are viable, but afflic is the best at high end pvp. Destro is very fun for random bgs though, 1 shot nubs for days.