Thread: Stardew Valley

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    https://twitter.com/ConcernedApe/sta...73088529879040

1.1 coming on Monday, October 3rd.

New Features
    • Shane and Emily are now available to marry. They each have new events, music, and more!
    • Spouses now have a unique outdoor area and behavior on the farm.
    • You can now choose from 5 different farm maps at character creation. Each map is focused on a different skill area.
    • Standard Farm - The original Stardew Valley farm.
    • Riverland Farm - Lots of water, good for fishing.
    • Forest Farm - Foraging opportunities and a unique weed that always drops mixed seeds.
    • Hill-top Farm - Has a small mineral deposit from which ores spawn, including a unique geode-bearing ore.
    • Wilderness Farm - Bats and Golems spawn at night.
    • "Shed" building... An empty room that can be decorated, filled with kegs, etc.
    • "Mill" building... Can be used to turn wheat into flour and beets into sugar overnight.
    • A new quest that can be started after the Community Center or JojaMart quest arc is complete. The new quest results in a new "magical construction" feature available from the Wizard's Tower. The new quest is triggered when you enter the Railroad area.
    • Added several new locations that are related to the above quest. "Junimo Hut" building (Magical Construction). Junimos will harvest crops within a certain distance of the hut, instantly transporting the harvest back to the hut for you to gather at your convenience.
    • "Earth Obelisk" building (Magical Construction). A permanent warp totem to the mountains.
    • "Water Obelisk" building (Magical Construction). A permanent warp totem to the beach.
    • "Gold Clock" building (Magical Construction). Prevents weeds from spawning and fences from decaying on your farm.
    • You can now move your buildings via Robin's construction menu.
    • New house upgrade from Robin that adds a cellar to your house and teaches you the "cask" crafting recipe. In the cellar, you can use Casks to age cheese and alcohol, increasing their quality.
    • "Iridium-star" level quality is now attainable for aged goods and fruit. (2x value)
      NPC's now appreciate quality level in gifts, but it only has an effect on gifts they "like" or "love".
    • Added Coffee, a spring/summer crop, and Coffee Bean. The bean acts as the produce and the seed, similar to sunflowers.
    • 5 Coffee beans can be added to a Keg to make coffee.
    • Honey can be placed in a keg to make mead.
    • Void eggs can be placed in mayonnaise machines to make void mayonnaise.
    • 2 new fish, "Void Salmon" and "Slimejack"
    • You can now choose to color your chests with one of 20 color options.
    • Evil Shrines, where you can make offerings in exchange for dark magic.
    • Divorce. You can file from a little book in mayor's house.
    • You can now wallpaper the little hallways in your upgraded house.
    • When you beat Journey Of The Prairie King, you can now start over in a harder mode, keeping your upgrades and coins.
    • 2 new "Lost Books"
    • Krobus now sells a "Return Scepter"... a tool which acts as a permanent warp totem to the farm.
    • Giving someone a gift on their birthday will never make your spouse jealous.
    • Pierre now sells a "Catalogue" furniture item that can be used for unlimited free access to all wallpapers and floors.
    • Robin now sells a "Furniture Catalogue" furniture item that can be used for unlimited free access to nearly all furnitures.

Bug Fixes
    • Wild plums are now labeled as fruit.
    • Grandpa's Shrine should now always properly give the reward for reaching 4 candles.
    • Fixed issue where gathering an item with the "botanist" profession would fail if the inventory was full, even though the gold-level item was present in the inventory.
    • Slime charmer ring should now protect against giant slimes
    • You can no longer tap a stump
    • Fixed Joja Warehouse graphic issue in winter
    • "Check action"-mapped keys should now work to attach bait to a rod.
    • Rain ambient sound should no longer play in Sandy's Oasis under any conditions.
    • Your baby should now be properly born, even if you pass out in the mines on the eve of the birth.
    • Moonlight Jellies engagement crash
    • Galaxy sword should now be truly unloseable
    • You can no longer lose hay to a hopper because you have no silo.
    • You can no longer plant fruit trees off the farm.
    • Typo fixes

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh snap, time to start a new game and go ham.
    BAD WOLF

Looks promising. Let's see if it will meet expectations..

Quote Originally Posted by thenerdds View Post
    Looks promising. Let's see if it will meet expectations..
    Expectations? The base game was absolutely amazing and it's free DLC that they didn't have to give us :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    God, some of these people make me wish I was a woman so I could go around aborting babies all willy-nilly just to piss them off.

Quote Originally Posted by Victorious9876 View Post
    Expectations? The base game was absolutely amazing and it's free DLC that they didn't have to give us :P
    Well, that settles it then.

Quote Originally Posted by Victorious9876 View Post
    The game itself is worth the 15$ they ask,. (and you can get it for less on discount)
    this patch + update has some content that other companies would charge you 10$ in addition for and sell it to you as a DLC.

http://news.xbox.com/2016/11/29/star...medium=twitter

Coming to Xbox One on December 14th.

- - - Updated - - -

Other dates:

http://stardewvalley.net/stardew-val...release-dates/

PS4 NA release on December 13th, globally on the 14th.

Wii U version cancelled for Switch version.

Can you play this game without getting married? I only want to play for the farming :/

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reklia View Post
    Can you play this game without getting married? I only want to play for the farming :/
    Yup getting married is completely optional.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

https://twitter.com/ConcernedApe/sta...67019931967488

PC will be getting mutiplayer first, followed by the Switch, then the PS4 and XBO.

http://stardewvalley.net/stardew-val...tiplayer-news/

Hi everyone! I’m the Chucklefish dev who has been coordinating with Eric on localisation, porting and multiplayer for Stardew Valley over the last year. I’ve previously worked on Starbound (the procedural quest generator was my baby), and I’m also developing Lenna’s Inception, another Chucklefish project, on the side.

I’m here with an update for those of you who have been waiting so patiently for news on multiplayer! Now that we’ve pinned down the main technical issues, we know enough to feel confident describing the gameplay you can expect from it.

Shortly after you begin the game, Robin will offer to build up to 3 cabins on your farm. Each cabin will house a farmhand, controlled by one of your friends.

Farmhands can do almost anything the main player can do. They can farm, mine, fight, fish, forage, marry NPCs and take part in festivals. Each player has their own inventory. When a farmhand is not connected, their inventory can be managed through a chest in their cabin.

Certain decisions can be made only by the main player: when to sleep, when to start and end festivals, and whether to side with Joja, for instance.

You won’t need to set up a server to run multiplayer. Friends can be invited onto the farm through Steam. The invite mechanism for non-Steam versions is TBD, but likely to be similar in most cases.

A lot of players have requested player-to-player marriage. It’s an idea we like a lot, and want to make available as a feature. Player-to-player marriage won’t use the mermaid pendant, but rather an alternative method that requires a similar amount of effort to wooing an NPC. We’re still working out what that will be.

Local multiplayer, split-screen and PVP are not planned at this point.

Effort so far has been focused on overcoming the biggest technical hurdle: synchronising multiple games over the Internet. Almost every source file has been touched, and 15,000 lines of code have been rewritten. Retrofitting multiplayer into a game that didn’t have it originally is notoriously hard.

Anyway, that chunk of work is almost complete now and we’re starting to look towards what’s next:

• Implementing the farmhand cabins
    • UI and menus
    • Events and festivals
    • Multiplayer NPC relationships
    • Polish, testing and optimisation

We currently expect to be able to start a beta test at the end of the year for Steam users to help us test the game. Mod authors will be encouraged to update their mods during this beta period. Then, in early 2018 we will release it as the 1.3 patch on Windows, Mac and Linux.

Consoles will get the patch too, starting with Nintendo Switch. This will be a bigger patch than usual, so be aware that it will take a while to roll out to each platform.

Leave your thoughts in the comments section below!

7+ Year Old Account
    Whelp, looks like I'll be dusting off my farm when the update hits.

Just started on PS4 and my god this is an amazing game.

Did the guy really design all of this on his own? Because he deserves so many awards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Just started on PS4 and my god this is an amazing game.

Did the guy really design all of this on his own? Because he deserves so many awards.
    Designed, programmed, made music, made pixel art, everything. Once Chucklefish came on to publish, they handled all non game activities like getting the website up and all that jazz. But yes, everything you play when you play this game was created by one guy with a computer science degree who wanted to make the perfect Harvest Moon.

And he nailed it.

PS: He didn't do any early access, kickstarters, or anything. Said he would only charge for it when it was feature complete. Also worked with the community very openly on features, things they wanted added, etc. He is pretty much the only shining example of a game dev to this degree I've ever seen in my life.
    Last edited by Kelimbror; 2017-08-01 at 10:33 PM.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Designed, programmed, made music, made pixel art, everything. Once Chucklefish came on to publish, they handled all non game activities like getting the website up and all that jazz. But yes, everything you play when you play this game was created by one guy with a computer science degree who wanted to make the perfect Harvest Moon.

And he nailed it.

PS: He didn't do any early access, kickstarters, or anything. Said he would only charge for it when it was feature complete. Also worked with the community very openly on features, things they wanted added, etc. He is pretty much the only shining example of a game dev to this degree I've ever seen in my life.
    Damn. And how long did it take him?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Damn. And how long did it take him?
    4-5 years I think.
    BAD WOLF

https://www.twitter.com/mollygos/sta...28153464410112

Chucklefish's tester is currently testing Stardew Valley's Switch port.

- - - Updated - - -

Chucklefish's CEO just casually threw this up on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/Tiyuri/status/895644152469344256

This is fun

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post

- - - Updated - - -

hhhhhhhhhhnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggg

gimmie

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post

And he nailed it.

Holy shit this guy seems like the ideal indie dev I am glad I tossed him some money for such a great game.

On a side note Switch version yes please tought getting a switch is still a pain in the ass

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Hnnnng. God, why did I click on this thread. Would love to have SDV on a portable. If nintendo ports bayonetta2 to the switch and SDV runs well on it, I might suck it up and get one.
    Currently playing: GW, TORTANIC.
    Still visit: TSW, W*, GW2, Rift, LOTRO, ESO.
    Endure. In enduring, grow strong.