Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    he is suing you for being attacked in your house he broke into? I swear if this goes to court....

Quote Originally Posted by lordsphinx View Post
    And since you posted the same thing without reading the last time I answered this, I’ll link it again…

also
    yes.. for sure have that attitude in court.. im sure the animal will be spared

Quote Originally Posted by Davos Seaworth View Post
    > Stranger breaks into your home
    > Well trained dog protects his family
    > Stranger sues, gets money from owner
    > Dog is destroyed

Justice, Murica style.
    Most states have a 1 or 2 bite rule. It doesn't matter why or how but if a dog has bitten somebody and it is reported many states kill them, others give them 1 get out of jail card. It sucks but the legal system is much more interested in protecting people then animals.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post
    yes.. for sure have that attitude in court.. im sure the animal will be spared
    You are so off base it's not even funny. You have ignored every bit of evidence provided to you, insisting that dogs are never allowed to attack people (nevermind that this is why people keep dogs to guard their property) and that the dog will be put down. Despite people showing you evidence to the contrary.

You're not really contributing here. You're really just harassing the man in hopes of a response.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Most states have a 1 or 2 bite rule. It doesn't matter why or how but if a dog has bitten somebody and it is reported many states kill them, others give them 1 get out of jail card. It sucks but the legal system is much more interested in protecting people then animals.
    Care to provide a reference? Other than Ohio, I'm not aware of a state where the dog is put down because it defended its owner's property when it was inside a secured house and someone broke in.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

how well trained is your dog? do you have canine good citizen certificate? would you be able to get one and soon? can you get character references from your vet?

10+ Year Old Account
    You said your dog was well trained. Did you train him/her yourself? Or did you have him trained by a professional? If the latter, did they give you any sort of certificate showing that it passed? My point is maybe if you can prove that your dog is indeed trained, and not some rabid animal.. maybe it could help? Granted I have absolutely 0 experience with any sort of legal issues, but maybe it can help. Hope it all goes well.

sig made by BeastyBeauty

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    You are so off base it's not even funny. You have ignored every bit of evidence provided to you, insisting that dogs are never allowed to attack people (nevermind that this is why people keep dogs to guard their property) and that the dog will be put down. Despite people showing you evidence to the contrary.

You're not really contributing here. You're really just harassing the man in hopes of a response.

- - - Updated - - -

Care to provide a reference? Other than Ohio, I'm not aware of a state where the dog is put down because it defended its owner's property when it was inside a secured house and someone broke in.
    I know Illinois has a 1 bite my brother in law had to put his dog down because of it. Arizona has a 2 bite law I have know a few people on the sad side of that. When it comes to dogs the motive behind the bite rarely matters just that they did and it makes them more likely, or in the eyes of others more likely, to bite again. So they destroy them.
    Last edited by Alvito; 2016-03-25 at 06:49 AM.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Guess you'd better not train our dog to guard your property in America* if you want it to live a long happy life

*No nation basherino, probably true in UK too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

I had a case kind of like this about 10 years ago. My home was broken into by two guys and I shot one in the leg. They both got away before the police showed up and I filed my report. They later arrested the guy I shot at the hospital and he filed suit the next day. His lawsuit against me came up before his trial the suit based on the burglary charges and was ordered to pay court costs and restitution for damages. He later went to trial and was found guilty with the prosecution using the civil suit as evidence against him. This was in Texas so your outcome may vary based on the state you live in. I doubt you will lose the lawsuit against you though.
    Last edited by Gsara; 2016-03-25 at 07:32 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    people keep saying this, but i only ever hear of criminals successfully suing people in european countries.
    silly person thats not entire europe its just sweden

10+ Year Old Account
    If the op could follow up with the results of this I would certainly appreciate it. I too am a giant dog owner and would like to know any actual real world ideas for protecting myself from this type of shinanigans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof