Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Overwatch SHOULD have cross-platform play

Overwatch should have cross platform play because competitive players are going to use keyboard and mouse on the consoles anyway. I know I will.

Deleted
    It would be cool for private matches between friends but I can see why they're not doing it in PUGs.

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    It would be cool for private matches between friends but I can see why they're not doing it in PUGs.
    Honestly I would say include it in unranked, but Ranked have it by system you're on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Ranked have it by system you're on.
    I would be 100% cool with this if they had a way to detect which systems you are using.

Wait, I think I misinterpreted what you said.

They should pair people together based on what device they are using, not which system you are using.
    Last edited by Lionpaw; 2016-02-29 at 08:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WoWJamaica View Post
    I would be 100% cool with this if they had a way to detect which systems you are using.

Wait, I think I misinterpreted what you said.

They should pair people together based on what device they are using, not which system you are using.
    By system I meant like, Xbox One Ranked, PS4 Ranked, and PC Ranked are all separate things, while Unranked is all 3 together.

That kind of thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Will never happen, the networks for consoles are segregated and tightly controlled, as they should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Will never happen, the networks for consoles are segregated and tightly controlled, as they should be.
    yeah consoles have never had any cross platform multiplayer games, or any that lasted. it's a nice idea but it sounds like it'd be more work for little pay off.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    yeah consoles have never had any cross platform multiplayer games, or any that lasted. it's a nice idea but it sounds like it'd be more work for little pay off.
    The most recent I can think of is Portal 2 with PS3/PC crossplay.

Oh, wait, Street Fighter V has it too with PS4/PC.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    The most recent I can think of is Portal 2 with PS3/PC crossplay.

Oh, wait, Street Fighter V has it too with PS4/PC.
    really? shit. I was thinking of Shadowrun way back when..

10+ Year Old Account
    Street Fighter V

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 ARR says hi. Just saying.
    Thread: Ranged vs Melee which is easier in PvE?
    'Originally Posted by Thelxi'
    Dragon farts stink so ranged

Cross platform shooter? Very unlikely to happen.
    Might work for other game types though.

Quote Originally Posted by WoWJamaica View Post
    Street Fighter V
    Quote Originally Posted by Manthis View Post
    FF14 ARR says hi. Just saying.
    Yes It could have cross platform play with Windows and PS4, it will never happen for XB1 because Microsoft are assholes. That is actually the only reason why FFXIV is not on XB1

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vqkatsuko View Post
    Yes Windows never XB1 because Microsoft are assholes.
    Um... Huh?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vqkatsuko View Post
    Yes It could have cross platform play with Windows and PS4, it will never happen for XB1 because Microsoft are assholes. That is actually the only reason why FFXIV is not on XB1
    Which is weird because games on PC are (mostly) played on their OS

Dear god no, never. I don't care what 'competitive' players will use (though I think it's silly to pretend the competitive scene will be anywhere but on PC for Overwatch), normal players will be using controllers on console and they will get their asses handed to them by the average MKB user.

No, console has auto aim to help, where as pc it's easier to get a headshot if played correctly. It's controller vs keyboard issue and no one want's that. I feel like more skilled players at PC would dominate the more skilled players on console, where it's opposite with new players.

10+ Year Old Account
    rocket league

Consoles generally get updates a fair bit behind their PC counterparts... just take Diablo 3 for example. If Blizzard would do that for D3 what's the chances of them ever cross platforming the game ?

Deleted
    uhm.. no.

Yes, Overwatch requires much less aiming than average FPS but still the accuracy of movement gained from mouse is so far ahead of a gamepad that it would end up as a slaughter of console players. Basically: whichever team would have less console players -> wins.