Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Cap and trade is simply pretending to solve environmental issues with voodoo.
    What cap and trade? AFAICT, they seem to be planning for a direct carbon tax.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Basically, as is usual with 4chan, it's dumb kids spouting dumb shit.

Trudeau won the election by a pretty significant margin, has been sticking to his goals pretty closely, and is doing exactly what the Canadian people elected him to do. His approval ratings are staying pretty high. Sure, there's gonna be some people who hate him, but they're the ones who didn't vote for him in the first place, and they don't represent most Canadians.
    Well to be fair, Trudeau doesn't represent most Canadians either. Until Trudeau completes his promise of electoral reform we will continue to get "majority" governments that the majority did not vote for.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    Well to be fair, Trudeau doesn't represent most Canadians either. Until Trudeau completes his promise of electoral reform we will continue to get "majority" governments that the majority did not vote for.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Result...election,_2015

They got 39.5% of the popular vote, with the Conservatives only getting 31.9% of the vote. Most of the differential between that and their representation in Parliament is because they tended to win ridings they were contesting with the NDP, so a lot of NDP votes were cast for representatives who didn't end up winning, moreso than Conservatives or Liberals.

Something I'm well familiar with, because I'm one of those who voted NDP and saw a Liberal win my riding.

However, Canadians are overall happy with Trudeau; the support level for Liberals has increased since the election; http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/gren...2016-1.3469716

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    He makes me feel old since I'm older than our Prime Minister...thats fucked up shit.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    He makes me feel old since I'm older than our Prime Minister...thats fucked up shit.
    How is it fucked up? He's only 3 years younger than Harper was.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)