Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

How often have you moved?

I remember moving apartments a lot when I was a kid, I think about ...7 or 8 times. Never out of the neighborhood..just a different apartment. So I never had to start over in school or what not. Still I'd get confused once or twice a year about where I was living lol. Since I've become an adult I've lived in Sweden...Croatia...and now I'll be moving back to the states. Just seems so weird that I never seem to be able to stay in one place for a long..long time.

How about you guys? Have you moved around a lot?

8 states, 9 cities, 13 years. I was always the new kid in school, got picked on a lot (especially in a 98% black school I went to), it sucked balls. But it turned me into a gamer, because Xbox Live was all that consistently connected me with 2 of my best friends (who I game with even today at age 27 lol).

I was lucky enough to have all 4 years at the same high school, though. Including prom with the hottest girl in school. So, that's a consolation prize!
    Last edited by Pawstruck; 2016-03-01 at 02:29 PM.

Deleted
    2 times. I've lived at home (with some interruptions up to 6 months) my whole childhood. After finishing high school, I moved a city ~1000 km away, and later moved again within the city. And, depending on where I'll find a job, I'll most likely move soon again.

Moved plenty when i was a kid, been in my latest appartment for 3 years now.

I am the son of a Marine so we moved frequently when I was young. By the time I was done with school I had gone to 13 from kindergarten to the end of college. As an adult much less frequently though. Outside of work needs now the only reason to move is my own choice so I have stayed in the same 2 cities and same state since college.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Off the top of my head, at least 20 times.

Yes, I'm old and I've seen the world.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

9 times so far ^^ Every couple years basically on average.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

4 times in total.

Lived in the same place until I was 18, then we moved in with my dads new wife, 2 weeks later I moved to a flat in Bristol for uni, moved again for second year and at the end of the second year I moved to Sweden.

So yeah, was 4 times in 2 years basically.

I like to move about every 3-4 years. I'll probably stay in this house another 3 or so, my mortgage is cheap and hopefully by that time the market will improve and I can add another $100k or so to the coffers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Military family, then military myself. 16 times for me, 5 for my three year old
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never moved as a kid.

All within the same 10-15 mile radius.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Deleted
    Uh...never? Some people here seem to be on run from the law, hopefully no police officer reads this thread.

7+ Year Old Account
    In my 29 years i have moved about 10 times. Now that i'm on my own i don't plan on moving again anytime soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Every time my mum split up or got back together with her 2nd husband we moved interstate, this yo-yo effect didn't stop until I was in high school, but as a renting family we still ended up moving around due to lease conditions.

We ended up moving a lot of times, but only between 1 city of one state and three cities of another state. I've lived in 20 different homes but have moved more often than that.
    Last edited by Radio; 2016-03-01 at 02:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Windowmaker View Post
    Uh...never? Some people here seem to be on run from the law, hopefully no police officer reads this thread.
    Or not everyone is born with gold spoon in their mouth, and have to move for education/jobs and so forth? Think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

3 countries (Sweden, Croatia, Denmark), 5 cities, 9 moves until i was 11, but ow I've lived in the same apartment for 10 years

Moved once befor I moved out of my parents house but it was within the same town and area, just a larger house.

After I moved out, 5 times and a year abroad but I kept my apartment so not sure if that counts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Three times, apparently moving a fourth time within the next two years, but I don't want to.

10+ Year Old Account
    3 big moves (different country/ state), and 4 times within the same city.