Question So is EverQuest Next Dead?

On the official there is a Landmark Thank You video which is 146 days old already, no updates since.
    Considering all the layoffs which happened with the studio - Is the game dead?

Quote Originally Posted by GameGod888 View Post
    On the official there is a Landmark Thank You video which is 146 days old already, no updates since.
    Considering all the layoffs which happened with the studio - Is the game dead?
    The game we were promised with storybricks and all? Absolutely. Now, whether or not an Everquest Next of some shape or form will be released, that's still up in the air.

I was looking forward to capturing a dragon, programming it to defend a guild castle, and raiding other peoples homes...
    So, for me the game iz daed.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Yeah it's probably done.

yes, vaporware. not a chance this comes out.

Rest in pepperonis. With all my hopes and dreams. Did anyone even get into the beta? Never heard anything since ever.

Deleted
    I don't think it's officially dead, but I doubt it's being alive.

Ya its DOA and personally I don't trust Daybreak games. They cut H1Z1 in half and are selling each half for the full price of the original. H1Z1 was suppost to be a f2p game.

Once they got bought out by a investment firm I had a feeling that it would all go to shit.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-03-02 at 02:35 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Probably plan to milk it for all its worth into the sunset, then sell off the rights to the IPs when nothing is profitable anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    Probably plan to milk it for all its worth into the sunset, then sell off the rights to the IPs when nothing is profitable anymore.
    Is there even anything to sell atm?

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    Is there even anything to sell atm?
    Nope, just Landmark.

And the thing is... are people going to play Landmark if they aren't sure EQN is coming? I'd say no. Would a financial firm feel it's appropriate to finish funding a game that has been considered to be extremely innovative and risky? I'd also say no.

For all intents and purposes, EQN is dead in the water. I just don't think Daybreak is saying anything about it, but it's pretty easy to draw that conclusion if you're paying attention to the storyline of this whole thing.