Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Increasing the gold cap would be a nice start since people are willing to pay more then the current cap for items anyway. And even better make the gold account/server wide, annoying to send gold to dffrent alts all the the time because the low cap.

I'm not too sure the inflation is anywhere near as severe as most think. The garrisons were quite the gold sink themselves, I'm pretty sure I've spent well over 100k setting up various garrisons just upgrading and buying blueprints. Yes I made the gold back many many times over, but considering most people have gone through the game with only 50k or so in their bags, I doubt THAT many people actually set up followers and logged in frequently to really cash in.

And at the end of the day, Blizzard was holding the strings all expansion. They nerfed gold missions only in an account-wide way that only punished people generating cash on alts. If the garrison inflation was anything extreme they would have been on it. Of course a little bit of inflation was probably desired by blizzard to make selling tokens seem more appealing, but every expansion some inflation happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Apolyc View Post
    It's no secret that with garrisons the inflation on nearly every realm has sky rocketed. It's fine that the gold missions are going the way of the dodo but it's too late, the damage is done.

In Legion a guild sink is needed to bring inflation down to manageable levels. It can't be something required, and should provide something fun so people want to use it otherwise the issue won't be solved.

So what kind of gold sink would you like to see come Legion?
    I don't think Legion should have a gold sink at all, and instead go back to using short-term currencies.

Gold sinks just plain don't work, and I can show you why. You said you wanted it to be something fun, but answer me this: what feature would be fun for all the rich people to spend their money on, but the people who don't have the money would never care about?

There's no way to guarantee you're only targeting the people you need to get the gold away from. Any given gold sink is going to take money away from a poor guy who scrounged up just enough for it, while leaving the occasional rich guy who doesn't care about the sink at all untouched, as much as it hits its target, which actually risks making the problem worse.

And this will be a problem, especially if Blizzard's marketing idea with the movie works. There's no way you can keep an economy balanced when the way a whole ton of people got rich isn't even available when a whole ton of new people come in. Like you said, the damage is done, and no matter how little people might think that gold is, it's not going to be little to a new generation, and it's not going to be little to anyone who was unsubscribed or otherwise not grinding it that whole time.

The only solution is to abandon gold as a serious currency again, and start everyone fresh.
    Last edited by Jokubas; 2016-03-03 at 12:50 AM.

I think that the game for sure needs more better gold sinks, not because the economy will suffer. The economy will always find a way to survive, but just the fact that there is NOTHING TO DO WITH GOLD. Seriously I have close to 2-3mil saved up just from Heroic Archi/Mythic sales, garrisons on my characters and professions. But nothing to do with it. Im tempted to buy cmode/heroic/mythic carrys for all my terrible alts knowing that they will become obsolete or account wide come legion. Otherwise i just keep paying my sub and hoarding gold.

They can only continue the exponential inflasion, make people able to farm 1billion gold in no time compared to WoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    BMAH is THE gold sink, and is why blizzard hasn't really nerfed gold gain since MoP. When you start to consider just how much gold is in the economy, the BMAH does a really good job at draining it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    People will be spending away their gold on WoW tokens while making very little to recoup the loss of income from Garrisons. Prices should drop a fair bit in a year or two after Legion's release...
    I was thinking something along these lines.

I bought quite a few tokens for RAF accounts so I could get pets/mounts back when they had that 9 dollars for WoW offer around xmas. I made back that gold within a week or two.

I have spent about 1.5mil on gearing out alts with carries or buying crap off the AH or just crafting stuff I could have sold.

I bought ALL the TCG mounts I could. I bought over 1mil in pets this xpac. I bought other mounts like the ones that are 50k plus apexis crystals...all of them.

I am at about 1.5mil now, maybe its 1.8mil? I have so many chars, I can't tell. I'll be at like 4mil by the time legion hits. Maybe 5mil.

If Legion doesn't have free gold floating around, I'll prob make my usual 3mil or so during an xpac's life doing tradeskills AHing, but really where will all the WoD go that I have banked up? Coins? I don't buy them as I like my gold more 15bux for a sub is cheap cheap entertainment for me.

So yeah...they need a gold sink bad, or it will be the new guys buying tokens for cash and hoarders spending gold for tokens - and at 1 token a month for a sub, unless they go to 100k each, it will take a long time to eat up 1mil+ gold and tons of people are sitting on at least 1 gold cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    BMAH is THE gold sink, and is why blizzard hasn't really nerfed gold gain since MoP. When you start to consider just how much gold is in the economy, the BMAH does a really good job at draining it.
    I just wish they wouldnt keep putting up the same stuff on my realm. Senjin fetish is up there every second day, siamese cat is up a bunch. Only see Baron Rivandare's deathcharger once since expansion launch (I got mine as a drop from baron, but still). Blue proto drake seems to come up fairly regularly, never black or plagued.

I wouldn't mind throwing more of my gold at the BMAH if there was something on there I actually wanted to buy. Not the same easily farmable pets and mounts. Where is the good stuff? The stuff you can't get through other means.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    It hasn't managed to stop people paying multiple gold caps for items, and an increased cap woudl allow it to drain even more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

They need to add some titles like

"NAME, the Wealthy" 300k

""NAME, the Exuberantly Wealthy" 600k

"NAME, the Flamboyantly Wealthy" 800k

"NAME. I OWN you, peasant!" Gold cap

"NAME, of the 1%" Gold Cap
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Deleted
    We dont need a goldsink as we allready have one in the game. Its called BMAH.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    We dont need a goldsink as we allready have one in the game. Its called BMAH.
    3-4 items that can be bought with just ONE player every 48 hours, DAT GOLD SINK....

7+ Year Old Account
    BMAH is not a realistic gold sink because who has 900k gold to drop on a mount? It's simple, just allow there to be Legendary BOE drops and people will pay for them. Look at the BOEs right now. People are willing to pay a premium for them. Imagine how much they would pay for a legendary BOE. Issue resolved.

Easy.

Remove from the game EVERY gold generator. That's it:

- Gold from missions.
    - Gold from garrison.
    - Gold from mobs.
    - Gold from vendoring.

Now there's no possible income besides gettig the gold from another player, via AH, selling services (rushes and such) or WoW token.

Leave in place current gold sinks, like repairing and BMAH.

The amount of gold in the servers will go down and down and eventually economy will be stable.

Probably you'll need to drop drastically the price on $$ of the WoW token, like to $5 so newcomers dont have such a bad time leveling and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    It hasn't managed to stop people paying multiple gold caps for items, and an increased cap woudl allow it to drain even more.
    The game has a way of finding out how much gold you have on a realm and a way to proportionally take away gold from each character. Extending that to the BMAH would allow for bids up to 11 million (-11 copper). They'd have to rework the process of re-bidding though, to avoid having to log up to 11 characters to get the money from previous bids back.

Give me a flying golden pig. I want to just wallow in my wealth, no shame.