Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

David Duke responds to Trump/media controversy

Not sure how people will react here but I felt this was pretty interesting, worth a view and may provide information that surprises you. I also would like to add days before this controversy came out, Trump did state specifically he disavowed the David Duke's "endorsement", for whatever reason the media has pretended that this has not happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, there's something wrong when a candidate gets an endorsement from the likes of David Duke and doesn't reject it...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    Yeah, there's something wrong when a candidate gets an endorsement from the likes of David Duke and doesn't reject it...
    Why would it even be a bad thing?

The point of running for office is to get as many votes as possible, hate to tell you this but racist citizens are still citizens and they still have a right to vote.

They're not going to get what they want, but they can vote.

By the same token, Bernie Sanders should condemn his communist supporters. Let's be real, they're all voting Bernie since he's the closest ideologically. Will Bernie condemn them? No.

Yo watch the video. It's 17 min long, if you gonna comment you can at least take the time to view what you're talking about.

Yeah I know, like when a candidate sits in church for over a decade with an insanely racist minister, stating that the man helped him to develop his worldview. I mean, if David Duke was Trumps personal pastor, that would be completely disqualifying, wright?
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    Yeah I know, like when a candidate sits in church for over a decade with an insanely racist minister, stating that the man helped him to develop his worldview.
    Yep, there was something wrong with that too.

I don't know David Duke but I am a little suspicious of his past. however I think that need to know more before I have a definitive opinion of Dr. Duke.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Why would it even be a bad thing?

The point of running for office is to get as many votes as possible, hate to tell you this but racist citizens are still citizens and they still have a right to vote.

They're not going to get what they want, but they can vote.

By the same token, Bernie Sanders should condemn his communist supporters. Let's be real, they're all voting Bernie since he's the closest ideologically. Will Bernie condemn them? No.
    It's all about cost/benefit, the logic behind condemning him for not disavowing his support is that it will cost them more votes than it will gain them, and they aren't wrong about that. The fact he did disavow him though makes this really a non-issue, the media is just craving more views as usual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goradan View Post
    I don't know David Duke but I am a little suspicious of his past. however I think that need to know more before I have a definitive opinion of Dr. Duke.
    Plenty of hour long documentaries about him on Youtube.

All you really need to know is white supremacist though.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post

I guess that's a bad thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I don't think there is any value to Donald Trump or any other candidate telling people not to vote for them, regardless of how objectionable the views of those people may be to others.
    I'll be honest I really think this is just the media's lame attempt at putting the words "KKK" with Donald Trump, and hoping if they do it enough, there will be some weird psychological conditioning where people think "Donald Trump is the KKK!"

Journalist claims this guy is KKK - He states he is not KKK.

Who to believe?

That is the problem with today's journalism and attacks to people's personas. You can't trust most accusations.

I get called racist for saying ghetto culture is trash and ruins the foundations for a law-abbiding community among people of low income involved in it. People will call you "racist", "nazi", "member of the KKK" over disagreements, to the point we have to doubt everything we hear.

Sad times.

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    Yeah I know, like when a candidate sits in church for over a decade with an insanely racist minister, stating that the man helped him to develop his worldview. I mean, if David Duke was Trumps personal pastor, that would be completely disqualifying, wright?
    You. You crushed this out of the park. Good job.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    I guess that's a bad thing?
    Isn't any kind of racial supremacy bad?

Inc obligatory BLM criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    It's certainly possible, but I'd also expect a lot of people do genuinely care to see him (or any candidate receiving a similar endorsement) reject it.
    He already has:

This was a few days before the "controversy" happened.

Words from him in August of 2015 (not long after the endorsement happened):

“I don’t need his endorsement. I certainly wouldn’t want his endorsement. I don’t need anybody’s endorsement,” Trump said.

http://dailycaller.com/2015/08/26/do...d-acted-alone/

Now I'm not saying David Duke in any way is a good guy or anything, but it really strikes me as bizarre that the left wing media has suddenly decided to make this an issue. I think the answer is pretty obvious as to why though. And don't get me wrong, Fox news pulls tons of shit too, but we've seen a huge amount of left wing media outlets go on about this story when he has already stated he didn't want David Duke's endorsement.
    Last edited by RickJamesLich; 2016-03-02 at 03:07 AM.

If I was running as a politician, I'd want approval from 100% of people, including the hate groups. Endorsements mean that the person supports YOU, not the other way around.

When support gets tricky is when you're getting money from people that you gave taxpayer money too. Like when public sector unions give money to politicians, which is really where the bad stuff happens. At least if the entire KKK gave 100% of their money to a candidate, they would be giving away money NOT taken from taxpayers (Though I'm sure theres a postal worker in there somewhere).

I'm a little more concerned over the fact he said he didn't know who this guy was, despite being on record condemning him for being a racist in the past. And generally trying to dodge the question.

Well I say concerned, more amused really.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    Not sure how people will react here but I felt this was pretty interesting, worth a view and may provide information that surprises you. I also would like to add days before this controversy came out, Trump did state specifically he disavowed the David Duke's "endorsement", for whatever reason the media has pretended that this has not happened.
    It is kind of hard to keep up with him contradicting himself on a pretty much hourly basis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Plenty of hour long documentaries about him on Youtube.

Then fuck him. I am half black and the jackass can burn as far as I care.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I'm a little more concerned over the fact he said he didn't know who this guy was, despite being on record condemning him for being a racist in the past. And generally trying to dodge the question.

Well I say concerned, more amused really.

It is kind of hard to keep up with him contradicting himself on a pretty much hourly basis.
    It was just a bad earpiece duh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiricine View Post
    If I was running as a politician, I'd want approval from 100% of people, including the hate groups. Endorsements mean that the person supports YOU, not the other way around.

When support gets tricky is when you're getting money from people that you gave taxpayer money too. Like when public sector unions give money to politicians, which is really where the bad stuff happens. At least if the entire KKK gave 100% of their money to a candidate, they would be giving away money NOT taken from taxpayers (Though I'm sure theres a postal worker in there somewhere).
    People who get paid by the government shouldn't be allowed to participate in the political process by donating to a candidate they support?