Looks like SAB is back...no, not an early April Fool's

...or if it is, well...Anet definitely needs some PR help, to put it nicely:

Source

03/31/2016 – March 31 Release Notes

NEW FEATURES AND CONTENT

Super Adventure Festival

Super Adventure Box has returned with the Super Adventure Festival!
    Play World 01 and World 02 on Normal, Infantile, or Tribulation Modes.
    Play through World 02 in record time, utilizing brand-new shortcuts.
    Seek out new hidden furniture shops and collect Fancy Furniture Coins to purchase decorations for your guild hall.

Speak with Moto in Rata Sum and browse his reward items.
    If you own the Infinite Continue Coin, speak with Moto to receive your free Super Bee Dog Mail Carrier.
    The Infinite Continue Coin will now grant 99 lives when used in Super Adventure Box.

Moto has created a set of orange Super weapon skins.
    Complete Moto’s Course Work daily achievements for extra baubles, and earn an orange Super weapon skin.

Festivities are scheduled to end April 19.

BALANCE, BUG-FIXING, POLISH

General

Clicking the icon of a collectible obtained by completing a separate achievement or collection now takes players to the details for the achievement that grants that collectible.

LFG: Timeouts for attempting to join multiple groups have been adjusted in an attempt to not punish players who are using the tool legitimately.

Events

Fixed a bug that sometimes prevented the event “Help Pact troops establish a camp at Hope Falls” in Malchor’s Leap from starting.

Raids

Salvation Pass

Slothasor’s event area now has a boss camera, allowing you to zoom out farther.

Additional mushrooms now spawn in Slothasor’s event area, at the entrance, 60 seconds after the encounter begins.

Volatile Poison now has a special action skill allowing you to drop the growing poison early.

Slothasor can no longer chain cast Halitosis and Tantrum, allowing him to move more easily.

BLACK LION TRADING COMPANY GEM STORE

New Items and Promotions

The Super Adventure Pack is now available and contains the Infinite Continue Coin, 1 Super Adventure Box o’ Fun, and the exclusive Super Bee Dog Mail Carrier, located in the Special category of the Gem Store for 600 gems.

Super Adventure Box miniatures have returned. They can be found in the Toys category of the Gem Store for 500 gems, only for a limited time.

The Super Explosive Finisher can be found in the Upgrades category of the Gem Store for 600 gems.

This is the last week for the Molten harvesting tools. Pick up yours today in the Special category of the Gem Store for 1,000 gems.
    Looks like SAB will now be an annual event. As someone who never got to try it the first go around, this is nice to see. Might even move GW2 onto my new PC (from it's current residence on an external drive) once said PC is up and running.

Man... the backlash if they turned around and said it was just a joke would have been epic >< But yay, I'm looking forward to playing around in SAB again

Festivities are scheduled to end April 19.
    Why not make it permanent?

Well, it will at least be an annual thing, so that's nice.

They needed something to stem the tide of bad news that's been hitting the game over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    Perhaps it's an event they want to have annually rather than having something to do with hunting easter eggs or what not (a la WoW's Noblegarden event).

I do agree, though, that this thing could be a permanent fixture if they chose to do so. But hey, at least it's actually going to be playable again, so no more #saborriot nonsense on the official forums/reddit/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    Eh, if they make it permanent it'll be another thing they have to test before they can make any big changes to the game. I mean the big reason we had to wait this long was because of their improvements to how physics works in the game and it broke SAB completely. This way they can do what they need to with the game and then just make the updates to this on a regular schedule.

where is world 3....

I don't want to do world 2 with shortcuts

:x
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    where is world 3....

I don't want to do world 2 with shortcuts

:x
    World 2 on Tribulation mode go go!

And yea I am sad about no World 3

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    World 2 on Tribulation mode go go!

And yea I am sad about no World 3
    I already did that, I 100% everything. This is clearly a last ditch effort because of the extreme content drought. It's clear they had no real long term plans to release SAB. But bring it up to date, recolor existing skins, nerf world 2 more and shut people up for a month

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I mean...it's better than nothing. I was just joking around about it and then it came back. Now I kinda don't want to play it. I'm so fickle and silly. I've realized my brain has been warped into this weird MMO space where I can't play one for more than 3 days or so and then I burn out and go to another one. I got all crazy during the long weekend last week where I leveled a new character to 60ish via boosts, crafting, etc...then I PvPd an entire day as a healy druid, then I did world boss trains the last day before going back to work.

And then I can't even bring myself to do anything other than log on this week...even with SAB back. Wtf is wrong with me?
    BAD WOLF

Ya I'm not interested in coming back for SAB I mean I love it but I already have it 100% why would I come back for a more nerfed version of world 2 and ugly orange skins?

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    I already did that, I 100% everything. This is clearly a last ditch effort because of the extreme content drought. It's clear they had no real long term plans to release SAB. But bring it up to date, recolor existing skins, nerf world 2 more and shut people up for a month
    Oooo. Nice to see another MMO dipping to WoW's level for a change.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Ya I'm not interested in coming back for SAB I mean I love it but I already have it 100% why would I come back for a more nerfed version of world 2 and ugly orange skins?
    Some of us didn't complete it before so it's a pleasant addition.

I thought SAB was a great idea and prank and as ongoing content (or recurring at the least) it demonstrated a lot of the core gameplay mechanisms of Guild Wars 2. However, when Anet added more to the mode due to popularity they began to over design the mode.

That over design diminishes the game mode and make development on SAB a development resource hog. Over-commitment really ruined SAB I think.

Deleted
    spent 5 hours doing going through the 1st world a couple of times showing new people some secrets that I remembered from 2 years or so ago

good times

7+ Year Old Account
    Smells like damage control.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.