Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Exclamation The Dalaran Fountain Changed?!

Hey everyone, check this out:

Before

After

What the heck just happened?! I literally teleported to Dalaran, ran into this, and my jaw dropped to the floor. Why did they feel the need to randomly change the fountain of the original Dalaran? Nonetheless, I think it's kind of awesome that they decided to make such a big and sudden change to the city, even if it is a bit strange.

What do you guys think of this sudden update? Do you support the removal of the big, golden monument, or are you against it?

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess it kind of makes sense if they wanted all of old Northrend to be pre-fall but seems like a pointless change. Would be curious to know if "new" Dalaran has it still.

I like it, status were an eyesore
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickmagnus View Post
    I guess it kind of makes sense if they wanted all of old Northrend to be pre-fall but seems like a pointless change. Would be curious to know if "new" Dalaran has it still.
    There's a building in the center in Legion

10+ Year Old Account
    I.. haven't even noticed..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Does that mean you can no longer watch the lich king defeat cinematic from there?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Does that mean you can no longer watch the lich king defeat cinematic from there?
    Thankfully enough, they haven't removed the plaque that shows you the cinematic, so I suppose some of the memorial is still there, if not much. You can make one of them out, if you look at the new fountain image closely enough.

Lame, those statues were a tribute to our success over the lich king.
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

Deleted
    Wait, is this on the Alpha or live? I am asking because I know that on the Alpha the whole place was replaced with Agewyn's Tower or whatever it is called now and it would be pretty pointless to make this change on live.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KaiserTodosi View Post
    Wait, is this on the Alpha or live? I am asking because I know that on the Alpha the whole place was replaced with Agewyn's Tower or whatever it is called now and it would be pretty pointless to make this change on live.
    This is on the live Warlords of Draenor servers. You should go have a look at it right now, if you can.

10+ Year Old Account
    iirc this was pre ICC dalaran garden area, I suppose it was already in the file and they switched it? Personally like this over that big ass statue that is meh and an eye sour

I believe this is how the fountain looked originally. The statue only showed up after the Lich King was defeated on your server. I'm glad to see it back to normal rather than having that opulent eyesore there.

Like seriously, what kind of a paladin lets people build golden statues deifying him!

Still looks like the top picture for me!
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

I believe that a gold fountain will appear once you kill Lich King for the first time (25 man I think). I suppose nobody bothered yet

i just checked on live stormrage us the statues are still there for me

I got a question - there will be two Dalarans,right?One which is in Northrend and the other at the Broken isles?I just wonder how they gonna differentiate it for for the mage portals and the shrine Dalaran portal?Is it going to be in the other time zone? Thanks for the replies in advance!

my immersion is ruined, i mean we killed the LK we built a statue to remember our heroic deeds and now it suddenly dissapears?

10+ Year Old Account
    That is bizarre that it is coming up as the golden statues for some people. I know for a fact that I showed it to my friend, and she acknowledged the fact that it had changed. Perhaps Blizzard has accidentally released some sort of glitch with the last patch that has reset the fountain, and it will only change back into it's golden counterpart, after somebody on the server defeats the Lich King?

To be honest, I kind of hope that this is not the case, though it seems to be something along those lines. I do much prefer the aesthetic of the original fountain, and would welcome it as a permanent change with open arms.

P.S. Checked on Moon Guard and it's showing as the original fountain for me there as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Felt amused, so had to look, nope. It is still there, a little shame but again, it is a mark of our defeat of the Lich King (Except for Bolvar).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felixon View Post
    I got a question - there will be two Dalarans,right?One which is in Northrend and the other at the Broken isles?I just wonder how they gonna differentiate it for for the mage portals and the shrine Dalaran portal?Is it going to be in the other time zone? Thanks for the replies in advance!
    The one in Northrend is the one that isn't updated. It'll still keep as the old one.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I think I know what is happening here.

The way CRZ works is it transports you to some specific IP of a server (or not server) for your business when in specific zones. I guess, in theory, it could be possible you are somehow in a zone (IP) where the lich king hasn't been defeated, but I don't think that is what the Fountain looked like pre-ICC so idk.

Interesting nontheless.

Looks like the old fountain before you defeated the LK. Go kill LK, get the achievement on the alpha, the statue will most likely reappear as it is in live game.
    Yes, I draw my own avatars.