Poll: Do you like the new LB animation?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    Shamans need a legit no target limit forked lightning.
    http://imgur.com/clIKi2v

Well here it is in Legion

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    People like to pretend there's higher powers behind their personal opinions on whether or not something looks better, to give them more weight.
    Simple fact is that Blizzard thought this would look nicer, and by the looks of the poll so do most other people.
    You are incorrect about thunderbolts, and my argument all along was to allow us to have the old style if we so choose via glyph. I use lore to legitimize that stance and the information that this was prompted by systems and not the art team to highlight how arguments for art direction are weak.

I'm not trying to tread on your feet with my preferred art design here, that's on you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I presume that they forgot to change the animation of the Overload spell.
    Hmm lets hope so, I don't really care wich one they end up using. But they should be uniform.

Also to add fuel to the fire, i've always asumed Lightning Bolt to be a ball of sorts, like https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ball_lightning
    The article even states that ball lightning seems to exists for a slightly longer period of time than the momentary flash of a bolt.

Original lightning bolt was best lightning bolt. This new one looks like ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think lightning bolt should look more like:

Crash Lightning
    http://legion.wowhead.com/spell=187874/crash-lightning

@2:05

Quote Originally Posted by Vossie View Post
    Also to add fuel to the fire, i've always asumed Lightning Bolt to be a ball of sorts, like https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ball_lightning
    As said, i think if it really was supposed to be a Ball Lightning, they would have called that spell "Ball Lightning" or "Lightning ball".

In the recent build they added new SFX to LB that gives it a "clap" as it hits the target, it's really satisfying actually.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really want an animation that shows a bolt, not a stretched out series of zappy lines. The vanilla animation was the closest to a lightning bolt. Something similar to a Druid's Wrath would be cool, maybe without the long trail.

I really hope the new animations are still placeholders, overloads show the older animation instead of the new 'Lightning Zap'.

- - - Updated - - -

That is the best one in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wordup View Post
    In the recent build they added new SFX to LB that gives it a "clap" as it hits the target, it's really satisfying actually.
    I'm lazy, do you have a video which includes this clearly? Having the impact sound could go a long way to making the new one more acceptable to me personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    I'm lazy, do you have a video which includes this clearly? Having the impact sound could go a long way to making the new one more acceptable to me personally.
    I haven't but I intend to. I'm more hoping that the last animation missing (doom vortex) gets the PH animation removed so I can do all the ones missed in my first pass video alongside it.

Thrall: Isn't magic magic?
    Grom: Yes and no. Sometimes the effect is the same. For instance, if a shaman was to summon lightning to strike his foes, they would be burned to death. If a warlock was to summon hell's flames against an enemy, they would be burned to death.
    Thrall: So magic is magic.
    Grom: But lightning is a natural phenomenon. You call it by requesting it. With hell's fire, you make a bargain. It costs a little of yourself.

(Quoted from Kralljin)
    So when Elemental Blast and Lava Burst is on CD, your Maelstrom isn't high enough for a Shock spell, and all you can do is spam Lightning Bolt, I wonder what the shaman is chanting...

Ele Shaman: "Can I get some lightning bolt please?"
    Storm God: "Sure."
    Ele Shaman: "Can I get another lightning bolt?"
    Storm God: "Ok."
    Ele Shaman: "Sorry still low on Maelstrom."
    Storm God: "Np."
    Ele Shaman: "Damn, Lava Surge didn't proc."
    Storm God: *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by Terminal Lance View Post
    Grom: Yes and no. Sometimes the effect is the same. For instance, if a shaman was to summon lightning to strike his foes, they would be burned to death. If a warlock was to summon hell's flames against an enemy, they would be burned to death.
    Grom: But lightning is a natural phenomenon. You call it by requesting it. With hell's fire, you make a bargain. It costs a little of yourself.

(Quoted from Kralljin)
    So when Elemental Blast and Lava Burst is on CD, your Maelstrom isn't high enough for a Shock spell, and all you can do is spam Lightning Bolt, I wonder what the shaman is chanting...

I'm imagining this as a situation where the Storm God also has to fill out paperwork for every spell allowed.

...no wonder Ragnaros wants us all dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Terminal Lance View Post

(Quoted from Kralljin)

LOL, jokes aside I think it works like a pre agreement, where the shaman make a deal with the elements and so he or she can use whatever power whenever they want, but if they do things the elements don't like they will lose the ability to use power. If a shaman had to ask every time, they would never be able to do thing that go against the will of the elements.
    Everything that is, is alive.

Agaor - Enhancement Shaman

Quote Originally Posted by Torm View Post
    Hello there,
    I wonder what is the general consensus about the new LB animation? In my opinion I dislike the new animation, it has very 2D effect, I stead a bolt traveling to the target which I preferred more.
    What is your opinion? Would you prefer old or new one? Or you hate both?
    Would be nice if you could put in links so we can compare...

Deleted
    I really dislike the new animation. I get the style of what they are trying to do but it just looks weird to me. I think they could use the lightning animation from the ele artifact quest when you pick up the fist and lightning comes from the ceiling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyugzT7pgAM

At around 21:20.

I love the new animation. Instead of throwing little balls of piss I'll actually be hitting my enemy with lightning. The current iteration should be called energy ball because it looks nothing like a bolt of lightning. This and the new chain lightning effects may have convinced me to main shaman in Legion. I'm excited for the return of full palpatine mode for AoE.

Quote Originally Posted by Nautren View Post
    I really dislike the new animation. I get the style of what they are trying to do but it just looks weird to me. I think they could use the lightning animation from the ele artifact quest when you pick up the fist and lightning comes from the ceiling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyugzT7pgAM

At around 21:20.
    I totally agree with this. Something about the current animation makes it look like it was drawn with a crayon. Maybe if it was one of the zigzag lines instead of two, it wouldn't look as bad, but your suggestion definitely looks way better.

7+ Year Old Account
    I Agree with most of you guys, it should be a Lightning BOLT, the old animation was the best, as it is now in WOD is more then good.

if you ask me insted of reworking the Animation of the entire spell, make us use our weapon and shield when we are casting, instead of having our weapon + shield put away when we Cast powerful spells....

Btw: Lightning Bolt should be cast while moving, just like in "Cataclysm" Mobility is a key component to having fun

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Love the Legion animation so much more!