Why are my dreams...

So why are my dreams so much more realistic. For example, earlier while sleeping I woke up from a intense dream of watching a airplane crash and explode on my old apartment building. In this dream and after seeing that plane crash - I ran down the street towards it and noticed the plane landed in my neighbors apartment. I ran inside the apartment to only see their daughter on the couch crying and the parents were under the debris - I heard gas leaking from the heater in this dream - it sounded and smelt SOO REAL I knew if i made my way across the debris I wouldn't make it, I knew something wasn't right, so I decided to leave the girl in the apartment to let firefighters know there was a survivor up there. When the firefighters got up there the entire site blew up - spectators across the street (including myself) felt the shockwave - SOO powerful - that the shockwave shattered windows on cars and nearby residences. During the shockwave we all were covering our ears, but it was so intense that our brains were being scrambled - everyone started to bleed out the eyes/nose and that is when I woke up.

Strange, I've never experienced odors in a dream.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

It's common to have your senses feel as if its there, that's just part of the conscious mind. Its like how sometimes we think we smell something familiar thats not really there. Vivid dreams remind of us of our fears, hopes, and what stresses us out. It could be part of many factors like recent events, long-term effects, side effects from medications, etc. Night Teeth Grinding, night sweat, sudden wake ups in the middle of the night is also a sign of stress or so.