Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account

So many nasty and toxic people on BGs

Dunno about you but one in every four BGs I get an alliance player saying (or gesturing) weird things like "you are the child of a motherless ogre" or "shoo, go away pest" and I am pretty sure I have never met these people in my life. Even on my faction (horde), I get players calling me stuff like "masochist" and "scrub" , and I am also sure I never met these people in my life as well. So anyways why do people act so negatively with me when they do not know who I am? Are they like this to everyone?

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    welcome to WoW pvp circa. 2006

Keyboard warriors, that's all

But I have to say, been playing league recently, and started ranked.

it makes wow look well like, a friendly environment to game in with people

Although Ive picked up some cracking insults for banter from it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    welcome to WoW pvp circa. 2006
    Or, y'know, just welcome to the internet.

Anonymity makes people into assholes. Try not to take it personally. It's one of the reasons I don't like competitive online games though, brings out the worst in people.

Deleted
    Standard PvP idiot who often forgets he was a freshly dinged toon once upon a time too.

Ignore and do your best, that's all you can do. Don't let them spoil/ruin your game.

Thats pretty much all about bravado and boasting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    But I have to say, been playing league recently, and started ranked.

it makes wow look well like, a friendly environment to game in with people
    Indeed, spend a day in League's ranked queue and you will find WoW a happy-little-tree-world, filled with mild bad moods and some un-nice comments here and there.
    Anonymity turns people into dicks.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Falrach View Post
    Indeed, spend a day in League's ranked queue and you will find WoW a happy-little-tree-world, filled with mild bad moods and some un-nice comments here and there.
    Anonymity turns people into dicks.
    XD. Wow is Leagues community that bad? Ive run into a few nasty people in League but i never thought it was that bad. Maybe its because I hav'nt played ranked yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji47 View Post
    XD. Wow is Leagues community that bad? Ive run into a few nasty people in League but i never thought it was that bad. Maybe its because I hav'nt played ranked yet.
    I don't think it's quite as bad as people make out. Sure you get a lot of people f'ing and blinding when things go wrong, but muting obvious flamers is the way to go. I've had some incredibly pleasant games in League where both teams were incredibly merry and bantered a lot. Last time I played a WoW BG no one spoke at all.
    RETH

We had some nice discussion in my only BG last night. This formed a nice bond between us, which I'm sure helped in our trouncing of the Alliance.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Close bg chat, problem solved.

It is internet mate, imagine an immature child (who prob gets bullied in RLF), who has no life but his video game, with no chance of facing any type of liabilities, ofc he will talk crap to you. You can either turn off BG chat, or dont let it get to you (aka don't go down to their level) and just make fun of those kids with a smug expression on ur face )