Poll: Keep the Shield

Holy Paladin Should Keep Shield in Legion?

I mean class fantasy my foot, I've had a shield slung across my back for over 10 years and know your telling me it's against the "fantasy"

Now I understand we literally never blocked a damn thing with it But it was always more practical to have the extra armor and be the bulkiest of ranged. I understand they are trying to force us into melee but I think that gives us even more reason to keep our shield.

In PvP healers are likely to be trained, your priority is staying alive I'd rather my hammer and board. In PvE if I'm standing in melee I'm bound to take some physical damage, and once again my job isn't to top meters it's to stay the hell alive so my tank can stay alive and therefore the group stays alive. Also often we act as mid line between the melee and the other ranged due to us being the bulkiest after the tanks fall. I don't see why we can't just use a large one hander.

7+ Year Old Account
    The libram you carry does in fact give you armour, so in terms of stats at least you're not losing anything. Basically you have a large 1H and a shield that looks like a book.

So the issue is now the aesthetics of sword & board vs sword & book.

I didn't know the Libram gave you armor, thnx for the info. I think we should have an option then in that case.

Deleted
    there is no "libram", it's not an offhand or an item, it's just a visual book on your belt.

7+ Year Old Account
    I really like the shield... it's an extra thing to transmog that is actually visible. I've had a few off-hands and just don't care for how they look compared to shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal View Post
    I didn't know the Libram gave you armor, thnx for the info. I think we should have an option then in that case.
    You do have the option. The libram is labeled as a shield, so if you don't like the book you can simply transmogrify it.

Quote Originally Posted by Archibalde View Post
    You do have the option. The libram is labeled as a shield, so if you don't like the book you can simply transmogrify it.
    I suppose there is no problem then. Thank you for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Archibalde View Post
    I think that's what it used to be. From what I'm seeing the artifact is now an actual 2-hander and the libram is just cosmetic.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Going 2H with a cosmetic Libram is a lot fucking better than some dumbass one hander and book when we're suppose to be some kind of Plate-wearing battle healer.

Leave the books to the Priest nerds.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    Going 2H with a cosmetic Libram is a lot fucking better than some dumbass one hander and book when we're suppose to be some kind of Plate-wearing battle healer.

Leave the books to the Priest nerds.
    Agree, 2hand hammer is so awesome right now, its soo huge i love it.

Book + 2hander mace = awesome. A good visual difference between prots. rets and holies.
    Last edited by tankbug; 2016-03-03 at 03:15 PM.
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by Unir View Post
    I think that's what it used to be. From what I'm seeing the artifact is now an actual 2-hander and the libram is just cosmetic.
    Interesting. The Tome of the Silver Hand still exists in the database, I'm curious to see what they plan to do with it.

holy love. Two handed Holy like Uther and a Libram. Gg

I would love both options to keep everyone happy but I kind of prefer the 2hander.
    Hi Sephurik

Having played my paladin for a while, I love my shield. I prefer how my shield looks to any off hand. At least give us the option to transmog our libram into a shield. Plz and ty Blizzard

Could not care less. the shield is nice but then again it doesn't hurt to look at a nice overgrown mace for once instead of the silly sword on my hip. and a shield on my back

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    The pre-WotLK Mind Flay animation. 2nd biggest reason for rolling a Priest, biggest obviously being Shadowform. Anyone who uses Glyph of Shadow should reroll Hunter, filthy blasphemers.

I prefer a mace and shield also. But I would rather have a 2h then a 1h and book hands down. The problem I have with the 2h is it needs to be fixed how it looks on your back. The only thing I see is this huge stick sticking out of my back and ABOVE my head. That has to be fixed. They need to fix the shoulders on some of the armor as well. I shouldn't ever see the real shoulders because the armor is so high. Would be nice if we could choose what we want to yield but that is more work for Blizzard. Long as I can transmog the weapon I will be happy and fix where it is situated on the back.