Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Legion Alpha - Build 21215

Legion Alpha - Build 21215
    Another build is going out to the beta realm.

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    In the upcoming Patch 6.2.4, we're moving to a new Battle.net infrastructure. There are changes to many of the Battle.net-related Lua APIs, including Battle.net friends and Battle.net chat. If you maintain an AddOn that makes use of those features, you may want to log in to the PTR and test that your AddOn still functions correctly. To help AddOn authors troubleshoot potential compatibility issues, we’ve highlighted a few of the big changes to help direct you to areas that may need your attention.

Conversations
    Support for conversations has been removed. This includes all C-functions (BNCreateConversation, BNGetConversationInfo, etc.) as well as all Lua/XML references to conversations.

Toons
    The new Battle.net architecture doesn’t have the concept of “Toons”. Instead, we refer to “GameAccounts”. As a result, many functions with “Toon” in the name now refer to “GameAccount”
    Examples:
    BNGetToonInfo -> BNGetGameAccountInfo
    BNGetFriendToonInfo -> BNGetFriendGameAccountInfo
    BNGetNumFriendToons -> BNGetNumFriendGameAccounts

Presence IDs
    Previously, “Presence IDs” could refer to either Battle.net accounts or individual toons. Most functions were able to accept either type of presence ID and, when passed the wrong type, tried to guess at what you were trying to do.

Presence IDs have been replaced with bnetIDAccount and bnetIDGameAccount. With this change, we’ve made all functions strict about whether they accept Account IDs or Game Account IDs. In order to make this easier, all Lua variables have been updated to specify which type of ID they are.

You can translate from a bnetIDGameAccount to a bnetIDAccount as follows:
    bnetIDAccount = select(17, BNGetGameAccountInfo(bnetIDGameAccount));
    You can find a player’s active bnetIDGameAccount from a bnetIDAccount as follows:
    bnetIDGameAccount = select(6, BNGetFriendInfoByID(bnetIDAccount));

Current Realm Name
    The “realmName” CVar no longer exists. You can get the name of the current realm using GetRealmName().

Do you mean GetRealmName(), the already-existing function? Or is this a new function that can (or must?) replace GetRealmName()?
    The "realmName" CVar is no longer there, but the function to get the name of the current realm is still GetRealmName. Correction made to the post, thanks for asking.
    Last edited by chaud; 2016-03-03 at 12:49 AM.

Deleted
    well played good sir well played!

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    *turns down the lights*

It's not conclusive proof, but the http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/199...tion-1-27-2016 page that said which content was on the alpha is down. It was up as soon as two days ago. (Didn't check yesterday.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Mmm, Tswift.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Pons View Post
    It's not conclusive proof, but the http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/199...tion-1-27-2016 page that said which content was on the alpha is down. It was up as soon as two days ago. (Didn't check yesterday.)
    Its up now, with 2nd March update notice, and Feral Druid is marked as content added. Nothing else, though.

Deleted
    lol people actually think taylor swift is good?

Quote Originally Posted by Vital View Post

Good kitty sweet kitty little ball of murder...

10+ Year Old Account
    Aww, did I miss this Taylor placeholder, which song was it?

Does the guy in that video know how annoying it is that he can't even rant on one take, and we get stupid "jumps" as he edits his shit together every 30 seconds.
    Last edited by Rixis; 2016-03-03 at 01:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vital View Post

although im sure you're trying to somehow "break new ground" by posting this video, as im sure that's how you felt (or reassured yourself), it contains some parts that are either exaggerated, twist the facts, or just straight up wrong.

1.8gb update - there HAS to be more than just Feral Druids.....

Still no BrM? Blizz pls...

Subtlety Rogues – Many changes to talents and base abilities to adjust rotational speed.
    What? All they did was nerf Shadow Dance and a talent. They made it worse, not better. We need energy regen! It's insanely slow right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's concentrate on the actual news please and leave the Taylor Swift discussion behind.

Ymiron, Hodir, and Thorim as Warrior followers? Brb.

*Digs out Ulduar Transmog*

Maybe I've never looked deep enough into this sort of stuff, but I've never seen this string before.

"ERR_APPROACHING_NO_PLAY_TIME_2 - You are in tired time, and your benefits have been reduced to 50% 50%% of normal. For the sake of your own health, please go offline and rest, do some exercise, and arrange your time properly."

curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghouldan View Post
    Maybe I've never looked deep enough into this sort of stuff, but I've never seen this string before.

"ERR_APPROACHING_NO_PLAY_TIME_2 - You are in tired time, and your benefits have been reduced to 50% 50%% of normal. For the sake of your own health, please go offline and rest, do some exercise, and arrange your time properly."

curious.
    Parental controls? Alarm to set at a time when you want to go do something else?

I am the only one that is starting to loose steam on the excitement of the next expac to the point of not sure I really want to play it?

Seriously stop allowing shit posting about shit music to spam these comment sections. I come here for wow news not shit music discussion.

As a feral I'm glad to be finally able to test.

Excellent, I get Thorim and Hodir as followers >

All I need now is Mimiron and Freya, and my dreams of owning the Ulduar bosses will finally be a reality!