Thread: Farcry Primal

Farcry Primal

Most of the reviews for Primal suggest that if you have played the previous Farcry games, you might not find too much different about it to enjoy it - so... what about those of us that have never played any of the Farcry games? Worth giving it a go in that case?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by neocount View Post
    Most of the reviews for Primal suggest that if you have played the previous Farcry games, you might not find too much different about it to enjoy it - so... what about those of us that have never played any of the Farcry games? Worth giving it a go in that case?
    If you've never played one definitely. The taming is fun and the story/progression is alright, even if a little short.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, in my personal experience is that while the game certainly improved, going from FC2 to FC3 to FC4 was pretty seamless and it all feels really familiar BUT the games definitely where improved with each iteration. Not anything groundbreaking but positive change can also be in the little things.

I'd say that if you're not familiar with any of the older FC games and if you like a sandbox environment FPS I'm sure you'll have a good time with it. (that said, I haven't played Primal myself yet, 'caus still trying to finish last years steam summer sale games before buying new stuff :-P )
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by neocount View Post
    Far Cry has been like that since 2? Haven't played the first one. Its pretty much the same each installment with improvements to their core designs. Not bad because its a solid franchise. If you've never played a Far Cry game and like open world games, its probably a safe bet. If you've played Far Cry then you could probably wait until a price drop/sale.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

I finally checked out Farcry with 3 or 4 I forget. But the moment they gave me a "go collect 10 bear asses" quest I shut it down and never came back.

Sorry I don't have time for that shit.

Until I hear they change that part of the franchise I won't be giving it another shot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I finally checked out Farcry with 3 or 4 I forget. But the moment they gave me a "go collect 10 bear asses" quest I shut it down and never came back.

Sorry I don't have time for that shit.

Until I hear they change that part of the franchise I won't be giving it another shot.
    Was there really that much of gathering stuff? If I remember correctly only if you'd want to upgrade an item. And you can finish the game perfectly fine without any upgrades at all. If you skip the item upgrades I don't think you have any 'gather X of Y' quests.
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

Let's just say "I'm riding a furry tractor" was said by me last night.

It has a lot of similarities, and all of the NPCs look relatively the same, but it's still pretty fun, plus you can ride a fucking sabertooth tiger(and other animals)...how I have not auto won the game at that point is beyond me...who is going to mess with a guy with a sabertooth as a damned pet?

Deleted
    Far Cry has been shit ever since Far Cry 2. The only good Far Cry for was the first one.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Far Cry Primal is the only one of the bunch that I've played and honestly, I really enjoy it. It could be because I have no others to compare it to so the content, NPCs and gameplay is all new to me. I enjoy being able to take the game at my own pace with more side quests than one huge direct storyline quest to follow. Or at least..it doesn't feel that way to me. Can't complain about mounted slaughtering either.

Deleted
    Oh a new installement of Borecry. Same gameplay, almost same graphics, same features but oh wait, it has a new story. You should buy it.

The hilarious part was when it was found out Primal uses the exact same map as Farcry 4.

Which means it was once cheap DLC ala Blood Dragon but expanded a little into a full price game.

I'll buy it when it's $15.