Deleted

Have they reverted back companions nerf in 4.0.2 ?

Heya,
    So i stoped playing when they nerfed companions in 4.0.2.
    I want to return but really do not like the companion changes they made in 4.0.2.
    So have they reverted the changes or not ?
    Thanks in advance,
    Sew

Mostly. Healing mode is about 80% back to where it was (so basically still godmode), dps mode is still mostly useless, tank mode can finally shield/has defensive stats.

So basically if you used your companion as a healer, it's almost the same as it was pre-nerf.

Deleted
    Agree with edge
    Healer still feels like god mode,
    Dps feels really lacking, so stopped using that on any alt
    Tank although boosted still seems in a bad place, well for me it does, tho others like it

Quote Originally Posted by Mythicalfury View Post
    Agree with edge
    Healer still feels like god mode,
    Dps feels really lacking, so stopped using that on any alt
    Tank although boosted still seems in a bad place, well for me it does, tho others like it
    DPS really feels useless, as tank mode does like 80% of the damage out while taking like, half of the damage in (with the defensive stats now working).

Ultimately though, it boils down to the fact that while DPS/tank modes are functional, healer mode is just so much more useful/effective that nobody really bothers with anything else : /

Sucks when you want to level up as a healer, because you're gimping yourself.

Deleted
    mine still seam overpowered

*snip*

Keep referral links to the dedicated thread, please. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2016-03-04 at 08:20 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    DPS really feels useless, as tank mode does like 80% of the damage out while taking like, half of the damage in (with the defensive stats now working).

Ultimately though, it boils down to the fact that while DPS/tank modes are functional, healer mode is just so much more useful/effective that nobody really bothers with anything else : /

Sucks when you want to level up as a healer, because you're gimping yourself.
    Absolute agree with you there, recently started levelling a healer and it feels like a competition if I have Comp set to healer lol, so always use tank, as you stated takes less damage

One thing I will add about comps tho, and this is probably just bugging me
    But I really wish they would stop chucking companions at us like candy each chapters
    Got so many now and most of them I have never even summoned
    They need to either
    Stop giving us 2-3 comps per patch
    Or
    Give the companions a use, like the ability to add more than one comp to a mission to boost crit chance
    Or the ability to send more than six comps out on missions, even if it's restricted to crafting, not the gathering ones
    Just feels silly having so many unnessesary companions, especially since they are coming from other classes, which takes that classes identity a way a bit

Absolute agree with you there, recently started levelling a healer and it feels like a competition if I have Comp set to healer lol, so always use tank, as you stated takes less damage

One thing I will add about comps tho, and this is probably just bugging me
    But I really wish they would stop chucking companions at us like candy each chapters
    Got so many now and most of them I have never even summoned
    They need to either
    Stop giving us 2-3 comps per patch
    Or
    Give the companions a use, like the ability to add more than one comp to a mission to boost crit chance
    Or the ability to send more than six comps out on missions, even if it's restricted to crafting, not the gathering ones
    Just feels silly having so many unnessesary companions, especially since they are coming from other classes, which takes that classes identity a way a bit
    Maybe after the alliance war is over and things return to normal, we will be able to pick our 6 favorite companions to man our ships - at least that is what I am hoping. My consular only had 2 companions on his ship I didn't want to blow out the airlock.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
    Maybe after the alliance war is over and things return to normal, we will be able to pick our 6 favorite companions to man our ships - at least that is what I am hoping. My consular only had 2 companions on his ship I didn't want to blow out the airlock.
    Sure hope so, my ship is like a ghost town tho lol, then again, returning 2-3 each month, it will take ages to get the original set back

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Healers are OP as hell.

With a DPS or Tank companion I go down like a sack of potatoes though.

For me, I didn't realize that we are going to have so many companions to deal with. I can deal with six. Way too many now IMO. I use two or three based on the mood I am in. Companion modes however, I don't use Healer or DPS mode. Tanking is good spot, I have no problems with except the over charging to targets or the companion pulling the targets away from me to them.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    So people mention that in context it sometimes feels like our characters aren't as strong as they've previously mentioned. But through combat and w/ a healing companion, you definitely feel powerful as all hell. Freaking wrecking ball...

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Healers are OP as hell.

With a DPS or Tank companion I go down like a sack of potatoes though.
    I think this depends on gear and class. Personally, as a Sniper, I have a far better time with DPS companions (when pulling single packs) or tank companions (when mass pulling to AoE).

I also wonder how viable healer player/DPS companion and tank player/DPS companion are.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Belichick View Post
    So people mention that in context it sometimes feels like our characters aren't as strong as they've previously mentioned. But through combat and w/ a healing companion, you definitely feel powerful as all hell. Freaking wrecking ball...
    It's compared to immediate post-KotFE where companions could comfortably solo most content. A healer companion would be putting out damage similar to what a DPS player could at about 10 Influence.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    SNIP...

It's compared to immediate post-KotFE where companions could comfortably solo most content. A healer companion would be putting out damage similar to what a DPS player could at about 10 Influence.
    Do you not think it was mainly because people didn't have great gear in combination with, companions no longer needing gear and the down leveling that was going on that made companions have an appearance of being greater than they really were?

They were indeed very powerful, don't get me wrong. But if you had some average gear starting into KotFE and while secondary stats don't change much for down leveling and wouldn't be high enough to over compensate for the down leveling. While companions were already powerful. They would appear so much more powerful because of gear and if you leveled a companion up really high, really fast. You would see this even more so.

Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by tgoodchild View Post
    I'm picking back up after taking a few months away and am wondering what is the status of Tactical FPs now? Are they the same tedious mess they made of them with KotFE or did they fix them (or did people get less stupid and able to run them properly)? I used to love Tacticals as something to occupy my time but the way they changed them just sucked all the fun out of them, I'm not a challenge-junkie.
    Just depends on which ones you get. Many of them are a breeze, but there are still ones that are clearly overtuned. You don't really need a tank, but having a healer makes it considerably easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeba View Post
    Just depends on which ones you get. Many of them are a breeze, but there are still ones that are clearly overtuned. You don't really need a tank, but having a healer makes it considerably easier.
    I'm not thinking their over turned VS just not turned as a tactical FP. Many of those FP were not designed as a tactical. Just a normal group of tank, healer and 2 DPS. Even with the little bit of changes BW made. They didn't put a huge amount of effort into really tuning them for a group made that doesn't fit the standard group setup.

It's a pain in the ass on some of them still if you run them as a tactical. Knowing that if you had a normal group setup. It would be so much smoother.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    I'm not thinking their over turned VS just not turned as a tactical FP. Many of those FP were not designed as a tactical. Just a normal group of tank, healer and 2 DPS. Even with the little bit of changes BW made. They didn't put a huge amount of effort into really tuning them for a group made that doesn't fit the standard group setup.

It's a pain in the ass on some of them still if you run them as a tactical. Knowing that if you had a normal group setup. It would be so much smoother.
    And made even harder when you end up with a group that think the healing stations aren't their concern. Got shouted at other day for using one, when we were all low health, because they said they like the challenge..

And made even harder when you end up with a group that think the healing stations aren't their concern. Got shouted at other day for using one, when we were all low health, because they said they like the challenge..
    Gamers like that you just right click and ignore.

A BIG, F-U right before the ignore is of course optional.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post

You're kind of arguing semantics, but yeah.

They obviously did a poor job of adjusting the numbers with a group of 4 dps in mind. It's one of the reason the "kick a player and use a companion as a fourth" was a thing. The companions were OP, and you needed a healer... or at least a tank to really do many of these. I don't play much at all anymore, but when I do queue up for something I just skip tactical and go with ops finder or a random hm fp. Both are probably going to be less painful than a tactical and are more rewarding as well. That and for some reason several of the tacticals never awarded credit for the tactical weekly. I don't know if they've fixed that, but the whole thing seemed like a giant waste of time last I tried.