Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by -Nurot View Post
    Well neither are Presbyterians, but Trump has it down to a science and it boosts his popularity.
    ted cruz holds a bible and then lies through his teeth, and he's the most biggest fanatic of them all.

but yeah, mitt's got the look of a guy from the 50's. he's out of touch and has no place in the race, nothing he said has hurt trump i think.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    These goddamn morons in the Republican establishment are so incredibly thick-headed and dumb that they just don't understand that attacking Trump just makes him stronger and stronger.

He's against the establishment, and his supporters hate the establishment, so when you, a part of the establishment, try to attack him, it doesn't matter how much sense you make, it doesn't matter if you use facts, they don't like you, and anything you say will just enforce their view that you're the most horrendous shit on this planet and Trump is the savior.

I mean... It's not rocket science.
    Exactly. And the more attacks the launch, the more support he gains because either his followers become more firm in their beliefs, or people who are on the edge who have a neutral opinion are like "Um...they are being a bit crazy."

Or worse yet, people start going like "Gee, establishment GOP are attacking trump more than the left."

Don't discount this effort as just trotting him out as an attack dog. This is prepwork in case it's necessary to brokered convention Romney into the nomination.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    At this point i believe trump is trying to win in order to pocket tax dollars in contracts and personal gifts in exchange for favors to corporations like cheney and the clintons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by damajin View Post
    Don't discount this effort as just trotting him out as an attack dog. This is prepwork in case it's necessary to brokered convention Romney into the nomination.
    Yyyeah... Nominate someone else than Trump, Trump runs as an independent, half the Republican and right-leaning voters vote for Trump, half vote for the establishment nominee. Then again, since the Democrats will nominate Shillary, and Sanders supporters will simply not vote, it might be an interesting threeway.

Quote Originally Posted by damajin View Post
    they do that, they're gonna show just how corrupt the system is.

you think those people voting trump are bad now? wait till they're really pissed, people will get hurt and maybe even killed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yyyeah... Nominate someone else than Trump, Trump runs as an independent, half the Republican and right-leaning voters vote for Trump, half vote for the establishment nominee. Then again, since the Democrats will nominate Shillary, and Sanders supporters will simply not vote, it might be an interesting threeway.
    Something like that is going to happen regardless. If Trump is nominated, there's a large portion of the Republican party that can't stomach him and won't vote. If someone else is nominated, there's a large portion of the party that will be pissed and either won't vote or will vote for an Independent Trump. Either way, the Republicans are likely to lose this election. This is damage control, since the GOP doesn't want someone who is speaking in nearly overt racist overtones representing the party in the minds of people for years to come. They've already lost. They want to salvage their reputation for future years.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

News at ten: Rich white guy says bad things about other Rich White guy
    I could care less about what mitt says, seriously.
    He has to be the worst presidential candidate in recent possible all of history.

I still get the golf player country club vibe from him, and i despise that.

Repub. Establishment would rather have Hillary than Trump, since she's Establishment they know they have common goals on a variety of their agendas.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    they do that, they're gonna show just how corrupt the system is.

you think those people voting trump are bad now? wait till they're really pissed, people will get hurt and maybe even killed.
    No doubt about that, it would certainly get ugly but make no mistake they are wargaming these very scenarios out right now and have been for some time.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Deleted
    What's hilarious is a number of posters here that was pro Romney suddenly going anti Romney

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    What's hilarious is a number of posters here that was pro Romney suddenly going anti Romney
    Do you keep track of every ones posting history, because I have no idea who was pro anyone

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Do you keep track of every ones posting history, because I have no idea who was pro anyone
    I remember stuff, it's a magical ability

Romney has more in common politically with Obama than Trump, which is why he's going harder at Trump. Romney is for illegal immigration, govt enforced healthcare, endless foreign conflicts with no discernible victory and free trade where America gets destroyed repeatedly. I'm a republican voter, but I'm at the point where I hope the GOP dies a horrible death if they continue to fuck Trump over. It's very, very clear the GOP doesn't trust its voters, and not just Trump's voters, but Cruz's as well. In fact, they hate the majority of their voters. America, I think, would be better in the long run if the GOP split into a nationalist/populist party and the diarrhea-soft middle-ground loser party run by limp rags like Mitt, Jeb Bush or John McCain. There's no difference in the long run between the current GOP and Dems.

Romney can attack Trump as much as he wants, but what's he accomplishing?
    He's an establishment pick from a failed presidential bid. Does he really imagine that he'll win over those that voted for Trump?

10+ Year Old Account
    lurking in the bushes outside of your window.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    This was great stuff.

Trump is responding predictably, by tossing insults and throwing a tantrum like a toddler.
    Romney shitting all over the front runner, that's great stuff? window lickers abound

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Something like that is going to happen regardless. If Trump is nominated, there's a large portion of the Republican party that can't stomach him and won't vote. If someone else is nominated, there's a large portion of the party that will be pissed and either won't vote or will vote for an Independent Trump. Either way, the Republicans are likely to lose this election. This is damage control, since the GOP doesn't want someone who is speaking in nearly overt racist overtones representing the party in the minds of people for years to come. They've already lost. They want to salvage their reputation for future years.
    Exactly. The aim is to minimize the number of permanent defections from the party and the reputational damage that Trump is causing. He is in essence saying Trump doesn't really represent us and what we stand for.

Unfortunately for them its extremely clear that Trump is what the republican party now represents. But that is what you get after thirty years of fear mongering and hate used by them as a political tool to activate their base. Its going to need to spend a decade in the wilderness while it fundamentally reforms and leaves governance to the adults.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    Romney has more in common politically with Obama than Trump, which is why he's going harder at Trump. Romney is for illegal immigration, govt enforced healthcare, endless foreign conflicts with no discernible victory and free trade where America gets destroyed repeatedly. I'm a republican voter, but I'm at the point where I hope the GOP dies a horrible death if they continue to fuck Trump over. It's very, very clear the GOP doesn't trust its voters, and not just Trump's voters, but Cruz's as well. In fact, they hate the majority of their voters. America, I think, would be better in the long run if the GOP split into a nationalist/populist party and the diarrhea-soft middle-ground loser party run by limp rags like Mitt, Jeb Bush or John McCain. There's no difference in the long run between the current GOP and Dems.
    I'm afraid to break it to you but none of your leadership likes its voter base in any shape or form. They used you. They saw they could not win on economic polices with the majority (trickle down? honestly? how many people would fall for such garbage?). So they used racial and social dog whistles (look black people! being gay is a lifestyle choice!) with no intention of ever delivering on those dog whistles. Now the base is nominating someone who appears to be willing to go to bat on the "hatred of the other" and the leadership which used you is horrified that after decades of dogwhistles the dogs are now choosing a more appropriate master to the way they have been trained.

I truly cannot be happier.

Deleted
    Brilliant speech... (except for the bits about Hilary, but what can you expect?).

Romney is very impressive when he speaks from conviction, which he seldom did as a candidate, as he had to masquerade as some one he wasn't. (Trump is doing exactly the same).

His critique of Trump was completely valid and fair. Interesting that so many apparent Trump supporters have replied in this thread to criticize Romney but not one has challenged a single word he said about the Donald.

So what is Romney doing
    Does he want another shot at President

If the Republican Party take his words seriously,
    then Trump would probably run as an Independent and split the Republican vote.

A Walk in the Park for the Democrats & Hillary to win.
    I must remember not to post stupid stuff when very drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post
    So what is Romney doing
    Does he want another shot at President

If the Republican Party take his words seriously,
    then Trump would probably run as an Independent and split the Republican vote.

A Walk in the Park for the Democrats & Hillary to win.
    Well, if he can convince voters not to give Trump the 1,237 delegates he needs, Romney could get selected at the convention.

I don't think that's what this would be about though. Whoever gets selected on the Republican side is probably doomed anyway, due to party infighting. I think this is about the party saving face and minimizing reputational damage for years to come.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Trump supporters don't give a shit. This only makes him stronger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.