Who else would love to play PVP more if they could easily find people to play with?

I really like wow pvp, and i would love to play more of it but i kinda feel that it is really hard to actually find people to consitently play with.

Basicely it goes like this:

I resub, get the char i want to play geared up to do 3s, which is quite fun in itself, but at the end you just want to get finished. Then, its time, fully geared, fully enchanted and ready to go.

Now comes the actually super annoying part. Using group finder to find a group of people to play with in itself can take hours, then you find a group - queue and if you are lucky you didnt get some retard that instantly leaves the first time you lose. In the best case you got 2 other people who you click with and add them both, but people quit wow nowadays left and right, and if they dont they dont really play that much anymore, so those 2 people are online maybe 3 times per week and once at the same time.

So you try to find someone else, again you spend hours trying to find two people who are geared, willing to use comms, and who arent totally retarded. Then you add them again, and so on and forth. It takes forever to actually build a base off players you can consitantly play with to the point that you log in and can actually go pvp withing 30 minutes or so.

And if you ever take a break at least 70% of those people have quit wow as well so if you come back you have to do the same thing again and again.

This gets even worse if you are new to the game and dont have titles or high exp to get people to play with you.

Compare this to a game like cs:go or lol or similar where you log in and play that is just horrible.

So while i really like the arena playstyle and find it incredebly fun i just see myself unsubbing again just cause to get to the point where i can actually do what i like to do in this game i have to spent hours doing basicely nothing and trying to find people. And i think many of you share that sentiment.

So to my question, if there was a reliable way to soloqueue or some other way that would remove the burden of getting into the whole thing to a point where you could just jump in and play instantly - would you play more pvp and wow in general?

I think more people would be interested but the game just can't support it really. It is too complex once you get out of a certain rating and you really need to have voice comms to progress as well as a clear understanding of almost all the specs. It is not like LoL where you can get by with mostly chat or just no communication because it is pretty obvious what you need to do or the map pinging is enough to communicate.

Personally, the problem for me has never really been finding people to play with as there have been lots of features made available over the years for that. The problem for me has always been skill level. There is such a variance in skill level and most people are totally unwilling to play with lower skill level players. So you run into problems where I do find two other people to play with, but one of us catches on really fast and is playing a sought after class so they get taken up by higher skilled teams or something similar.

I think the PvP arena system would actually go a lot better if we had what would boil down to personal rating that would allow highly skilled players to play with lower skilled players in a teaching capacity and it not be so destructive to their elo rating. Currently you could argue that 2v2 does that because the rating is irrelevant, but I think a way for players to play with other 3v3 teams on off nights or when gearing or whatever would go a longer way to helping the community.

Maybe a patronage system where you "mentor" a player and as their rating climbs you gain some sort of advantage. No idea on how to implement that without it being riddled with abuse, but you get the idea of what I am getting at.

Deleted
    Blizzard needs to put some attention for that. Tyrean have a good point, the mentor system sounds really cool.

My only real successes in Arena was in early cata, elemental shaman sucked for a while so I went resto, queued 2's with a unholy dk, and somehow we won 90% all the way to 2k. I was suprised, but before I knew it. My irl friends changed server, I was stupid and followed, and lost contact with my new arena partner. I quit for half a year, come back and casually do bg's with a new friend, who I've now known for 4 years. In start of MoP we were ready, and blasted our way to 2.2k as 3 irl friends. That was MoP, I miss those days. Now I really don't have anyone to play with, but then again, WoD wasn't that kind to my unholy dk, so I'm sitting around until better days.

Feel free to add me if you're on EU, I won't be that active until Legion though ^^ Killigrew#2870

Arena is almost impossible unless you play with irl's and can stand a few losses to adjust.