Poll: Who would win in a 1v1, the Lich King (Arthas), or Archimonde?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Lich King Vs Archimonde Who is more powerful?

From a lore perspective, who is more powerful, the Lich King (Arthas), or Archimonde.

If you were to put them up in a head to head battle, who would win?

Deleted
    Archimonde.

I'd say Arthas the Lich King is on power-parity with Mal'ganis, who is peanuts compared to Archimonde.

Pre-WoD, I would've said Archimonde because it took the night elves immortality and a shitload of wisps to both trick & destroy him. The players don't get to kill Archi in the Hyjal raid either, you just distract him long enough and he got very desperate when he found out Malfurions plan at the end. The Lich King is very powerful and pretty much toyed with the players, he was able to one-shot everyone whenever he wanted to. But he got overconfident (kinda like Archi during Hyjal), and that costed him his win. It still took a miracle of the Light to defeat him.

Post-WoD, Archimonde can suddenly be killed by the players with the help of Khadgar, Grom and Yrel. He just seems significally weaker for some reason, so at that point the Lich king would've been stronger than him.

Archimonde just because he can't truly die. (Until we finally get that magical Mcguffin that permanently kills him.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Arthas is my favorite character in WoW but even I know he wouldn't win. Arthas' main strength came from the army he commanded, an army of the dead that constantly grew. Hell he could raise his allies who were already defeated. Arthas himself was still quite strong, strong enough to slaughter the raid that came to stop him and only the Ashbringer at 100% was able to stop him.

Archimonde however is still stronger in a 1v1, he was empowered by Sargeras and was already suppose to be quite strong before that. Archimonde required the sacrifice of the world tree before he was stopped. Lets not forget this little thing Archimonde did.........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3BxvHhz4XQ

WOD Archimonde was pitiful, either he was weaker or Blizzard got lazy with him. Lorewise Archimonde wins for me.

Deleted
    How is that even a question? Kil'jaeden created the lichking and Archimonde is supposed to be even stronger than Kil'jaedan in regards to raw power. The way we beat him in HFC is actually pretty contradictory with the lore.

Deleted
    Lich King (Arthas) why?
    This is my favourite boss in game so i must vote for him!!

Quote Originally Posted by EverWinterMu View Post
    Lich King (Arthas) why?
    This is my favourite boss in game so i must vote for him!!
    That's a terrible reason and it's probably you and other arthas fans diluting the poll.

He can still be your favorite boss, this poll isn't a popularity contest.

Deleted
    Archimonde supposedly. But the way they butchered his character in Warlords of Shitnor I'm not so sure anymore.

Archimonde , but it's kinda funny how Arthas has been the only villain that managed to kill us (players)

Archimonde is supposed to be more powerful, but Blizzard made him a throw away boss in WoD because their writers were all on vacation for all of WoD or something and let someones 6 year old child write the story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pound for pound Archimonde is more powerful, probably by a whole lot. The Lich King's strength is in corrupting mortals and dominating their minds, then raising them into the undead. The Lich King might not have the raw physical or magical power, but he's probably got a stronger will. He's probably more cunning than the demon too - I always got the sense that Archimonde was kind've the blunt instrument of the Legion, with Kil'jaeden being the more subtle one.

The Lich King did engineer Archimonde's defeat in the third war through subtle manipulation, so brute force isn't everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Zarupia View Post
    Archimonde , but it's kinda funny how Arthas has been the only villain that managed to kill us (players)
    To be fair, its what I call a fan service. Only reason was mainly because it was the most beloved character in all of Warcraft, prehaps game history, the fanbase would probably have torn wow to shreds if we took the lich king out like the way we too archimonde in WoD out.

I mean, deathwing is like 100x times more powerful, and he didnt kill us because he didnt nearly have the fanbase to make blizzard give a crap and put in any actual effort.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    The Lich King did engineer Archimonde's defeat in the third war through subtle manipulation, so brute force isn't everything.
    I sound like a Lich king hater but whatever

Where did The lich king do any subtle manipulation? After Kel'thuzad summoned Archimonde, Arthas got frustrated and fled with Kel'thuzad. After than the Dreadlords took control over the scourge.
    The thing that got Archimonde killed was his own foolishness
    An'u belore delen'na

Quote Originally Posted by The Overmind View Post
    To be fair, its what I call a fan service. Only reason was mainly because it was the most beloved character in all of Warcraft, prehaps game history, the fanbase would probably have torn wow to shreds if we took the lich king out like the way we too archimonde in WoD out.

I mean, deathwing is like 100x times more powerful, and he didnt kill us because he didnt nearly have the fanbase to make blizzard give a crap and put in any actual effort.
    Deathwing didnt kill us because we had GOD'EL on our side, victory was assured from the beggining

10+ Year Old Account
    Archimonde is roughly on Parity with Kil'Jaedan, who created the Lich King and empowered Frostmourne. Who do you think is going to be stonger?

And no, no matter how badly Ner'Zhul tried to defy the legion and his masters, he was still weak even when Arthas took the mantle of Lich King; he was the thorn in their side, but not the blade that would ever be capable of felling them.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

None of them since us, the Garrisons Commanders, Asstroyed them.

I don't really get how people are getting Archimonde as being as strong as Kil'Jadeen considering he's always been a clear #3 behind Kil'Jadeen and Velen tied for #1 when it comes to the Eredar leaders. Not to mention Archimonde has been made a punching bag essentially on 3 different occasions that's been defeated: War of the Ancients (well sorta, this was more he got sucked back with the rest of the legion when the portal collapsed), Hyjal in WC3/TBC raid, and now WoD when we physically kicked his ass instead of blowing up a tree with wisps. Kil'jadeen meanwhile took a raid just to defeat a portion of his summoned self.

Anyways back to the relevant question, I voted LK, but am leaning more to Archy as well. Mostly because like the other said, he's basically unkillable so every time he's defeated he just gets reincarnated in the twisting nether so unless the LK has a way to open up a portal to there to kill him, not happening. Maybe if you involve entire armies LK can eventually overwhelm Archy because of the undeath affecting everything, but yeah, I'd revote for Archy now too.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know that they said WoD archimonde is the same as archimonde in WC3, but I am still gonna make them seperate.
    Real Archimonde from WC3 is stronger than Arthas.
    For some reason WoD Archimonde is WAAAAY weaker than Arthas, atleast it feels like that.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Archimonde has way more hp so he would easily kill lich king.