Deleted

Non-gamer looking for games

Hello. Very long story short, I no longer play games. The last game I played was Firewatch (if you can call it a game), but this was because a few friends recommended I play it. Aside from that I haven't played a game in years, aside from some WoW. I have very different sensibilities from when I used to play games properly years ago and, truthfully, very few games appeal to me now. However I do occasionally like the idea of playing a game and again, but I have a very poor XP era laptop with Win7 installed on it. So in short I'm looking for a very specific type of game. Although I didn't play many of them in the past, I've always liked the idea of playing an in-depth old school RPG with a good story. That's why Serpent in the Staglands is now on my radar. This might not work out though since I'm not really a gamer and I don't know if I could take the frustration for the sake of it. It's just occured to me now that what I might like above all else is a cosy city builder. I'm not really into modern architecture though so it'd have to be something like a medieval city builder or something. Just something to sit and play whilst having a coffee or something, you know? I really do not consider myself a gamer anymore, but that doesn't mean I'm going to play things like Candy Crush, Peggle or Angry Birds. So yes, just something cosy but in-depth and preferably old school but well known and respected.

10+ Year Old Account
    Old School RPG:
    - Pillars of Eternity

Medieval City Build:
    - Banished

Medieval RTS (if by city builder you just meant strategy):
    - Stronghold HD
    - Anno 1404

10+ Year Old Account
    if you want a really REALLY good city builder i'd recomend cities skylines, sadly i dont think your pc might be up to snuff considering it's an old notebook, you could try maybe and then get a refund if it doesnt work up to standards?s
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Best game made in the last decade:

Threes

Yes, it's a mobile game... but it's perfectly designed.