Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

You can get something from any other MMO and implement it in GW2. What would it be?

Hello, champions of Tyria! Good to see you, as ever!

I was thinking: I've played a lot of MMO's.

MU Online, Ragnarök Online, Grand Chase, World of Warcraft, Perfect World, Allods, and the list goes on...

My top 3 are Ragnarok in #1, GW2 in #2 and WoW in #3. Love them all.

But I was thinking: if you could take something from any other MMO that you've played in the last years, and implement it in Guild Wars 2, what would you take?

I'd implement some classes from Ragnarök Online (mainly Monks <3 ).

And you?

Being able to freely allocate skills across the entire hotbar.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I'd probably implement some fun engaging content of any type.
    Because WoW's endgame is so much better than GW2, right?

I would implement World PvP and Faction wars in the questing world.
    Maybe more legendaries and open world raids with relevant rewards. I love the massive world dynamic events of GW2.

Stay on topic, folks. Game bashing, Game vs. Game discussion and so forth is not productive.

It's alright to like different things, people.

- Fencers

Deleted
    I would make the trash and bosses in dungeons non-skippable and increase rewards for successfully completing them. Knowing where to stack, when to stealth and the best routes to run makes starting out in dungeons more challenging than it should be while also making the feeling of progressing through them in the explorable paths less satisfying. An increase in rewards would also reinvigorate dungeon running without making them too profitable again.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I'd probably implement some fun engaging content of any type.
    Ideally content that isn't tethered to a hour or longer meta event that anyone in the zone who isn't participating in (be it for exploring, story quests, whatever) is a detriment to the meta event's completion (since everyone on a particular map scales it up).

Deleted
    I'd implement night elves. Everything is better with night elves <3

Also, 1st person camera, because, at times, especially during some jumping puzzles, the camera is annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    I'd implement night elves. Everything is better with night elves <3

Also, 1st person camera, because, at times, especially during some jumping puzzles, the camera is annoying.
    The game has a first person camera, you have to enable it in options.

SWTOR has a drop-down menu that lets you pick which open-world instance you want to be in. I'll take that, please.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    The game has a first person camera, you have to enable it in options.
    ... wow, I didn't know that. Back when it launched it did not, afterwards I never checked to see if they implemented one eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    ... wow, I didn't know that. Back when it launched it did not, afterwards I never checked to see if they implemented one eventually.
    Yup, was added when HoT launched and they added in the "action" combat camera.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yup, was added when HoT launched and they added in the "action" combat camera.
    Thanks for telling me, will try it out.

15+ Year Old Account
    More focus on 5man content. Something early Gw2 did very well was having reasons to do dungeons, because they had different paths; something that Final Fantasy adopted. I think it works. I'd also bring over Black Desert online's combat, sandbox elements and their character creator.

GW1 style skills again. The amount of customization we had was absolutely amazing. GW2 is beautiful but its just blah. It feels empty even with all of the stuff to do in it.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Holy Trinity
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    The Holy Trinity
    I think the Holy Trinity is boring and outdated :3

GW2 PvE is like doing PvP against mobs. It's kinda fun.

I really wish they had the holy trinity. Think it'd be super fun in that game.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    I think the Holy Trinity is boring and outdated :3

GW2 PvE is like doing PvP against mobs. It's kinda fun.
    It's sorta got one now, though. Between the "tank" that's stacking vit to control aggro on the boss and the fact that there's very much a "healer" role in HoT, Anet took what was a very soft trinity in the base game of control/damage/support and firmed it up into something that's much closer to what folks expect out of a proper trinity.

I miss healing on my monk in GW1 PvP. Prot monks if played well were pretty much unstoppable. Also Who/HB infuse monks made people with twitchy fingers really good at it too!

Holy Trinity for sure and some proper raids and I'm sold, loved the game but max level sucked cause PvE is shit when its a shitstorm of dodge roll kite and i've never liked pvp