Disc Mythic Log Help

Hello everyone,

My guild just downed mythic Gorefiend last night. I feel like I did ok, but am always looking to improve. After looking at other top logs for Gorefiend kills, aside from 3 healing instead of 4 healing, I am looking for a few things I can improve on:

1) I know I missed a couple penances and an EAA cast.

However, it looks like the biggest difference between mine and the top logs on this kill is Divine Aegis. I'm not sure how people are getting so much DA healing that I'm missing. I know 18 casts of PoH is not high (I see 23-25 in the top logs), so I know I can cast more. But even so, I think I'm missing out a lot here and I'm not sure why.

For Feast of Souls, do you continue with penancing on cooldown, bubble as a filler and EAA-POH, or do you spam PoH during this phase more?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Gorefiend logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...aling&source=9

Other logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...1&type=healing

I am Delpo of Bleeding Hollow (at the time of the kills). Now Delpo on Area-52.

I don't think the logs are private.

Thanks again for any help!

Quote Originally Posted by Nomednil View Post
    Hello everyone,

My guild just downed mythic Gorefiend last night. I feel like I did ok, but am always looking to improve. After looking at other top logs for Gorefiend kills, aside from 3 healing instead of 4 healing, I am looking for a few things I can improve on:

1) I know I missed a couple penances and an EAA cast.

However, it looks like the biggest difference between mine and the top logs on this kill is Divine Aegis. I'm not sure how people are getting so much DA healing that I'm missing. I know 18 casts of PoH is not high (I see 23-25 in the top logs), so I know I can cast more. But even so, I think I'm missing out a lot here and I'm not sure why.

For Feast of Souls, do you continue with penancing on cooldown, bubble as a filler and EAA-POH, or do you spam PoH during this phase more?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Gorefiend logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...aling&source=9

Other logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...1&type=healing

I am Delpo of Bleeding Hollow (at the time of the kills). Now Delpo on Area-52.

I don't think the logs are private.

Thanks again for any help!
    Gorefiend is the best fight in the instance for PoH usage, and of course that's usually during the Feast. Depending on how coordinated your healers are, there may be times during the feast where there's less (or no) big cooldowns in use, making it a great time for PoH. But even otherwise you can snipe away with PoH.

The crit-on-use from Intuition's Gift can be popped prior to PoH spam, and the spirit from the trinket helps with the mana problem. A typical sequence would be 5-stack Archangel > PoH > IG > PoH > PoH > PoH > etc.

Deleted
    Your Gorefiend log is private so i couldn´t view it, i will have a look at the other logs.

-Your AA uptime could be slightly better on some fights, you sometimes missed a cast for a whole min, be sure to cast it on cooldown.
    -You dont seem to cast halo alot (often 1 cast per fight), its a pretty decent spell especially if you can cast it at a good range (but if not still good) and will also give you alot more DA healing. Tho use DS on Council, as you are all stacked up and cast it on cd.
    -I feel you are casting alot of PoH, wich can be tempting durning heavy aoe damage but you are not a througput healer. Your strenght lies in your shields. Let other healers worry about it.
    -Your casts per min is a little low on some fights. Reaver you only got 42, Kromrok 50, Council 50. Wich also makes your borrowed time go under 90% sometimes. Make sure you are always casting
    -Your 2 set bonus buff is ok but could be better, means you sometimes arent casting penance on cooldown (like u mentioned) meaning you lose your buff and that juicy DA healing.

Rest good potion and cooldown usage. Armory look good too. All i can say rest is make sure you got good weakauras/tellmewhen´s to improve you casts. Rest its down to practice.

Deleted
    I feel like you're missing a key point.
    The top log is usually trying to achiev rank 1, by doing whatever that takes. Sometimes that even means adjusting the tactic in their favor, or having other healers standing afk for a while.

You're trying to kill a boss, completly different scenario, and you wouldn't want to get the 2 different situations mixed.
    Read the situation correctly, and do what it takes to kill the boss.
    In a normal situation you should be no where near the top of skada on gorefiend, in fact you should be lowest, dead last.
    This is not your fight, and you changing from PW:S spam to PoH spam will most likely not make or break the fight, let your teammates carry the hard HPS requirement, and move on to the next fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekc View Post
    The top log is usually trying to achiev rank 1, by doing whatever that takes. Sometimes that even means adjusting the tactic in their favor, or having other healers standing afk for a while.

You're trying to kill a boss, completly different scenario, and you wouldn't want to get the 2 different situations mixed.
    Read the situation correctly, and do what it takes to kill the boss.
    This. I want to reiterate this as well.
    Arthas Logs] | Azgalor Logs | Twitch | Pearl91#1607
    "I am a chemical engineer. To save time, lets just assume that I am never wrong."

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl1717 View Post
    This. I want to reiterate this as well.
    Thanks for the replies from everyone. I appreciate the time you took out to respond.

I wanted to reply to this with a little more detail. When I said I was looking at the top parses, I meant for my item level. I did so with the assumption that most people at my gear level are still progressing mythic and most likely not trying to cheese mechanics or 3 heals for parses. I understand fully that during progression survival of the raid is the only thing that is important.

I wasn't posting this in attempt to figure out why hps was where it was, but more to ensure that the allocation of my healing is where it should be. In terms of the casts per minute...is 50 per minute far off from where it should be? I feel like aside from mechanics, I am always casting something. And even when moving I take that time to be casting PW:S.

The AA uptime is one thing I know I can improve on and I have made a WA to fix that error, as well as the 2p. Thanks for reinforcing those points.

Also, I think during gorefiend I started using halo a lot more often, but is it worth casting on CD when spread? It seems to eat a lot of mana
    Last edited by Nomednil; 2016-03-06 at 12:23 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomednil View Post
    When I said I was looking at the top parses, I meant for my item level. I did so with the assumption that most people at my gear level are still progressing mythic and most likely not trying to cheese mechanics or 3 heals for parses.

Also, I think during gorefiend I started using halo a lot more often, but is it worth casting on CD when spread? It seems to eat a lot of mana
    Regardless of ilvl top parses wil likely always be players who have the bosses on farm, probably for a whil. Meaning they are trying to rank on that boss while farming it. Wich is still not the best way to heal a boss on progress. Its best to look at your ilvl and then scroll down to like 200 and see what they do if you want to compare. Tho ranking can also be effected by underhealing and cheesing certain stuff.

Spamming pw:s is still better on progress then PoH when aoe damage is happening. I mean myself i did sometimes sneak in a poh but i wouldnt cast as much as you do now.

And yes even when spread halo is worth casting, There will always be enough players in ranged and even if u hit only a few on max ranged its worth the DA healing and such. I find it hard to explain as i dont feel its a spell you should cast on cooldown but when you feel it will do a nice amount of healing but wont intrupt to much pw:s spamming...maybe someone else can explain this better, sorry
    Durning feast i always run out of group while keep spamming shields then a Halo on max range so it will hit everyone and back again.