Galleon/Oondasta Spawn Timers

Why do Nalak/Sha have 15 minute spawn timers and Galleon/Oondasta have 2 hour spawn timers, its kinda frustrating to farm them when you wanna do it on lots of alt charachters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because back in the day Galleon and Oondasta were meant to be the harder boss of their respective pairs and had longer spawn timers to emphasize that. Their spawn timers now are actually a lot shorter than they were originally.

I remember the days of leaving wow open while I slept with the volume maxxed so I could hear NPC scan yell at me when Gal spawned. Good times.

I also remember the server crashing because of 200+ people trying to kill oondasta xD

Yes it should be down to 15 minutes. Reasons:

1. Original these bosses took minutes, sometimes hours before someone attacked them and even then the fight was pretty long. Enough time to tap. Now they are dead 5-10 seconds after they spawn.

2. You can only loot once each week (per char). So how does it matter if I have to wait 2 hours or 15 minutes to get a 100% kill each week? It would be just less wasted time.

3. Other world bosses like Sha are also on a 15 minutes respawn timer. Make it equal.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Caramio View Post
    Why do Nalak/Sha have 15 minute spawn timers and Galleon/Oondasta have 2 hour spawn timers, its kinda frustrating to farm them when you wanna do it on lots of alt charachters.

IDK man.. I DK.. BLIZZARD... IDK... Monkeys in there?

Also Rukhmar being 15 minutes or something makes Galleon/Oondasta being 2 hours really nonsense...

It makes too much sense to put them on short spawn timers that's why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh my god, I still have nightmares of trying to kill Oondasta when he came out. I remember getting to his isle and seeing a sea of skeletons... You couldn't see green on the grass, just white. Was pretty hilarious.

sig made by BeastyBeauty

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    I remember the days of leaving wow open while I slept with the volume maxxed so I could hear NPC scan yell at me when Gal spawned. Good times.

I also remember the server crashing because of 200+ people trying to kill oondasta xD

Good ol' times

Deleted
    When you're in-game, hit Escape and choose "Help" from the menu. In there, hit "Submit Suggestion" and make your case for a reduced spawn timer on them in 500 chars or less!

I just did it the other day.. I'm currently hitting up all the Mount Dropping world bosses as part of my run towards 300 mounts.. currently 297!

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree on this. I tried killing Gal last week and it felt like I was waiting for him back in the start of MoP. No servers had him up and I didn't have a lot of time to waste waiting a possible 2 hours. Plus as many have said, we want to farm it for the mount on multiple alts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post

You mean, Oondasta killing 200+ people?

I honestly think Oondasta has been one of the tougher world bosses about, one of them.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niteowl View Post
    Oh my god, I still have nightmares of trying to kill Oondasta when he came out. I remember getting to his isle and seeing a sea of skeletons... You couldn't see green on the grass, just white. Was pretty hilarious.
    I remember pulling half the trash on the isle on my huntard as soon as tank pulled. Fun times.

I would love for the spawn timer to be decreased, though I doubt that will ever happen.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mcbubble View Post
    I would love for the spawn timer to be decreased, though I doubt that will ever happen.
    We need to keep pestering them for it to happen! Do not make you voices unheard, my fellow mount collectors!
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?